American NFL Football (21 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
And the one and only King of Kings has spoken :D

- - - Updated - - -

talent level here all the way thru the 2nd round is very much the same, might as well get a 5th year option on a talented OL. He is a good fit for a run-first offense.

P.S. Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith are obviously sticking out in teh talent department but their medicals are scaring teams away for real.

- - - Updated - - -

Chandler Jones and Rob Nkemdiche are gonna be swapping #spice recipes for years to come ...

- - - Updated - - -

And Dave Gettleman strikes again - Vernon Butler should have been gone 10-15 picks earlier.
I didnt know much about him, he is ranked between 1st and 2nd in the Guard department. Can come in and start apparently.

I'm guessing we wanted to jump ahead of Seattle so it makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Whitehair is still there though?

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Oh please. He was a mid to late 2nd Rd talent and they trade 3 picks to get him.

They could have gotten him if they stayed where they were, or even traded down and still got him.

Baalke is an idiot.

Done with them until they fire him.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I didnt know much about him, he is ranked between 1st and 2nd in the Guard department. Can come in and start apparently.

I'm guessing we wanted to jump ahead of Seattle so it makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Whitehair is still there though?
Whitehair is a top 3-4 OL in the draft for me, best OG. He is better suited for a passing offense, though, as he is best in pass-protection (albeit still very good blocking too).
Picking Garnett over Whitehair was a matter of fit, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Bosa and Elliott going 3 and 4. :rofl:

Conklin at 8 :rofl:
stop pretending you actually know what you are talking about ... :pado:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Best Prospect: Joshua Garnett, Stanford

Most NFL-Ready: Joshua Garnett, Stanford

Best Run-Blocker: Joshua Garnett, Stanford

Best Pass-Blocker: Christian Westerman, Arizona State

Best Potential: Christian Westerman, Arizona State

Biggest Bust Potential: Rees Odhiambo, Boise State (injury)

Biggest Sleeper: Darrell Greene, San Diego State

Lowest Risk: Joshua Garnett, Stanford

Hits hard at least :D

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Best Prospect: Joshua Garnett, Stanford

Most NFL-Ready: Joshua Garnett, Stanford

Best Run-Blocker: Joshua Garnett, Stanford

Best Pass-Blocker: Christian Westerman, Arizona State

Best Potential: Christian Westerman, Arizona State

Biggest Bust Potential: Rees Odhiambo, Boise State (injury)

Biggest Sleeper: Darrell Greene, San Diego State

Lowest Risk: Joshua Garnett, Stanford

Hits hard at least :D
Like I said - don't listen to Serge, he knows fuck-all about this stuff.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Whitehair is a top 3-4 OL in the draft for me, best OG. He is better suited for a passing offense, though, as he is best in pass-protection (albeit still very good blocking too).
Picking Garnett over Whitehair was a matter of fit, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

stop pretending you actually know what you are talking about ... :pado:
:D

I've always followed the B1G pretty closely. Quite a few of my cousins went to UM, they grew up in Windsor and Detroit, so I grew up half-cheering for them. Elliott could be a very good pro, but nowhere near a #4 pick. And Buckner over Bosa every day of the week.

By the way, Ted Thompson. WTF. :sergio: Would have preferred Billings, Butler, Robinson, Reed... Instead, a new Datone Jones in the making. :lol:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Like I said - don't listen to Serge, he knows fuck-all about this stuff.

I think they were worried about Seattle getting him, we need O-Line help now and he will be a day 1 starter. We lost a 4th and a 6th, we now have 1 in the 3rd, 1 in the 4th, 3 in the 5th, 3 in the 6th and 1 in the 7th. We can trade up if we want, it will be interesting. We got a day 1 starter and monster in Buckner, we are going big in the trenches which I like.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

I think they were worried about Seattle getting him, we need O-Line help now and he will be a day 1 starter. We lost a 4th and a 6th, we now have 1 in the 3rd, 1 in the 4th, 3 in the 5th, 3 in the 6th and 1 in the 7th. We can trade up if we want, it will be interesting. We got a day 1 starter and monster in Buckner, we are going big in the trenches which I like.
Joking aside, I think 9ers won the 1st round after getting a top 3 talent at pick 7 and another top 30-35 player at the end of the 1st round. Two high-level prospects, both from a physical and mental-makeup standpoint, with plenty of picks left to take a chance on less polished players.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Joking aside, I think 9ers won the 1st round after getting a top 3 talent at pick 7 and another top 30-35 player at the end of the 1st round. Two high-level prospects, both from a physical and mental-makeup standpoint, with plenty of picks left to take a chance on less polished players.
I'd like to see us try and trade into the 2nd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)