American College Football (15 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
All those years of posting things like "fuck OSU" have finally paid off for me

I haven't been happy about anything college football related since the 2000 Rose Bowl

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
USC stripped of 2004 BCS title

Posted on: June 6, 2011 3:58 pm

Posted by Tom Fornelli

It may not come as a surprise since most people seemed to be expecting it after USC had its appeal denied earlier this month, but the BCS made things official on Monday. USC has been stripped of its 2004 BCS title thanks to an investigation that began with former running back Reggie Bush. The BCS released a statement.

"The BCS arrangement crowns a national champion, and the BCS games are showcase events for post-season football," executive director Bill Hancock said. "One of the best ways of ensuring that they remain so is for us to foster full compliance with NCAA rules. Accordingly, in keeping with the NCAA's recent action, USC's appearances are being vacated.

"This action reflects the scope of the BCS arrangement and is consistent with the NCAA's approach when it subsequently discovers infractions by institutions whose teams have played in NCAA championship events."

There is no word on whether or not USC will return the crystal football trophy it was awarded after beating Oklahoma 55-19 in the 2005 Orange Bowl. The AP has said that it will not make changes to its poll and that USC will remain the final #1 team on it's poll in 2004, and USC athletic director Pat Haden has said in the past that the school will still refer to 2004 as a "national championship season."

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/29833413
We all knew it was coming but now its offish

Does this mean that OU gets the title?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Good. Lets clean up this game. USC and Ohio State are done, that's good, now lets focus all scrutiny on the SEC.

"If you're not cheating in the SEC, you're not trying hard enough." - Charles Barkley.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßöмßäяðîëя;3075612 said:
Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida...

Yea, all of them.

The only two I am not either negative or neutral to are LSU and Vanderbilt.
I'm sure there's a lot of crap hiding under those rocks.

Would love to see some Florida titles stripped.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I heard about this on Tuesday night during the Juve-CA match but didn't bother but...

yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa fuck you UNC and fuck you Butch

you should've never left the luxury and greatness of coral gables because look at where its taken you- cleveland, NASCAR country and now you're hitch hiking somewhere off of tobacco road

these college coaches :howler:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, let me see if I get this straight.

The person who was the Chairman of the infractions committee when the penalties were levied against USC, was a gentleman by the name of Paul Dee.

Who is Paul Dee, or better yet, what was his job between the years of 1993 and 2008?

Anyone care to take a guess?

Anyone?

Here's a hint. He was the Athletic Director at a certain south florida school who is in a world of trouble.

After leaving Miami, Dee was chairman of the Committee on Infractions at the NCAA, the committee responsible for enforcing NCAA rules and punishing violators. He oversaw the investigation into the University of Southern California's improper relationship with Reggie Bush. Wrote Stewart Mandel of Sports Illustrated:

Dee, you may recall, was the Committee on Infractions chairman for USC's much-publicized case last summer involving former stars Reggie Bush and O.J. Mayo. It was Dee who, in announcing some of the stiffest penalties of the last 20 years (a two-year bowl ban and 30 docked scholarships), closed with the preachy reminder that "high-profile athletes demand high-profile compliance. Dee, Miami's AD during most of the period covering Shapiro's allegations, is retired and no longer under NCAA jurisdiction. Still, it seems only fair he should spend a day at USC's Heritage Hall wearing a sandwich board with the word "Hypocrite.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Dru, keep in mind that this was not a dig at you, it's just amazing the amount of hypocrisy that goes on in the NCAA.

I remember those comments that he made like it was yesterday, and now all of a sudden....................................

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)