American College Football (5 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If you guys are watching the Sugar Bowl tonight, let me know if I'm the only one concerned with Ryan Mallett's decision making and footwork

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If you guys are watching the Sugar Bowl tonight, let me know if I'm the only one concerned with Ryan Mallett's decision making and footwork
Ehh, I think he's done pretty well. He's made some nice throws under loads of pressure from the overrated chokers. But none of Mallett's receivers seem to be able to catch solid pass for their lives, dropping more than just a couple the OSU clowns would have caught.

About the footwork, he seems to have done OK from what I've seen. But then again I'm nowhere near an expert on that discussion.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The Sugar Bowl President said that, "Ohio State won the Sugar Bowl in Style."

Uhhh, what was that?

If by style you mean almost choked like they always manage to do, yet got lucky and finally won, then you'd be right.

That was one of the most pathetic wins I've ever seen in a bowl game. A real team would have stomped out the competition after such a lead, like Bama did against Michigan State.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Ok. Now that the college football season is over, here are my opinions on how this draft is going to play out.

Now that Andrew Luck is not coming out, it seems that Nick Fairley from Auburn will most likely be the #1 pick. It suits Carolina well, as they need help everywhere, but he is not on the level of Suh, in my opinion. Not even close. A lot of his sacks were due to coverage sacks, not so much disruption on his part. May switch to a DE if Carolina goes with a 3-4.

Blaine Gabbert from Missouri seems to be the top QB taken in this draft, and could go anywhere from #5 to Arizona to anywhere in the teens, possibly to Seattle.

That is bad news for the rest of the Quarterbacks, as personally, I'm not convicned that Locker, mallett, or Newton will pan out to anything.

Locker has serious fundamental flaws in his game, Mallett has poor decision making and atrocious footwork, and Newton is more of an athlete than a quarterback. Vince Young I think , was more polished than Newton coming out of college, and the randall Cunningham comaprisons are preposterous. Randall was a complete Quarterback coming out of UNLV.

My sleeper pick for QB this year is Christian Ponder from FSU. There is a lot I like about him, although he does need some work.

patrick Peterson should be the #2 pick coming out of the draft, but knowing Denver, and their history of not doing anything right in the draft the last few years, will probably take a runnign back or something.

My personal favorite in this draft is A.J. Green, the WR from Georgia. He should be the #1 pick in the draft, if you go by talent alone

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Ron Rivera needs more than Fairley :D
But he is a defenxive minded coach, and he has to start somewhere. He's going to want to win games in the trenches, and this would be a good start, I suppose.

This draft just lacks the Top End talent that the previous couple of years have had.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sergio, where do you think Patrick Peterson is going to go? That's the player I wanted for the Lions, but after our little burst of form towards the end of the season, we're a little too good for him. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That was actually a pretty good game last night, much better than I thought it would be. My original prediction was Auburn by 10, so I'm glad it was closer at least. Looking at the other NC's over the years, I'd say this one takes the second seat to Texas - USC at the Rose Bowl. Now that was a friggin' game.

Can't believe another college football season is over. But I'm sure all of us here are a little glad for it considering the performance of our respective schools. :sergio:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
In 5 years when the NCAA finally punishes Auburn and Cam Newton and revoke the NC and the Heisman trophy, TCU should be awarded the NC as the clear undefeated champ of the 2010 season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)