American College Football (21 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
stoops is 2-4 overall in bcs games and its beginning to look like he doesn't wanna stay in norman.

I will agree that sometimes speed does beat power but it has to be coached properly and this is the 2nd time that OU couldn't keep up with the speed of their opponent in a bcs game (USC '04).

What's amazing is that interim coaches this bowl season coming into last nites game were I believe 04 combined and hamilton (or whatever wvu's interim coach was) did a great job in motivating his squad from offense-defense-special teams. I haven't seen OU get run on like that since KSU back in the '03 big 12 championship game. It was greatness on WVU's part.

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Last nite's game was all I needed to prove that jim tressel and his program are a piece of shit. Lets start with this season, where a young squad with 3 seniors came in not projected to do much. I will not give ohio state credit for winning the big 10 because the competition was watered down.

- Michigan was fucked from the opener, penn st had it and lost it all somehow and illinois came into the horse shoe and dick slapped tressel and his players.

I'm not gonna rant only about the fuckeyes even though they deserve getting verbally thrashed after LSU physically thrashed them last nite, but I'm going to move onto USC.

The most overrated program in college football for one reason -- they perennially play NO ONE in their conference yet they lose to the oregon state's and the UCLA's. on top of that they schedule a highlight reel game for their players against stanford (40pt underdogs just to remind you) and lose. The excuse can be made that they were plagued with injuries but when you have the talent that they have on the bench, it is more than safe to say that their bench players are starters at any other program in the nation with out a doubt. That’s how good and deep they are. But for some reason USC is unable for 2 years in a row answer the call. The title is theirs if they play/are coached well and consistenly.

The trojans are crowned co-national champs automatically cuz they beat who in the rose bowl this year?? They beat the 3rd best team in the big 10. not the best but 3rd from the top. And the supposed best team not only in the big 10 but in the country (OSU) get trampled by LSU with a 31-0 run through 4 quarters against the "#1 defense in the nation statistically speaking".

Overall here is the breakdown of each conference, keep in mind that the big east and ACC are looked down upon just as the pac-10 is nowadays. And the big 10, 12 and SEC are the heavy hitters in college football. Here is the breakdown of teams by conference ranked in the AP top 25 as of 1/8/08:

Pac-10 >> 4
Big East >> 2
SEC >> 5
Big 10 >> 4
Big 12 >> 5
ACC >> 2

As you can see the big 10 has a strong 4 teams ranked in the top 25 in the nation but lets look at those teams and also the rest of the conferences teams that went bowling that are in this top 25 >>

>> based alone on the bowl season the big 10 is 1-3 -- michigan with an impressive win over florida
>> the pac-10 is a measley 3-1 -- ASU getting pummelled by Texas
>> the SEC is 4-1 -- florida being the only team that lost
>> the big 12 -- impressive in every game except oklahoma losing in the fiesta bowl again

Overall its mathematically rite to say that the big 12 is the hardest and best conference but if you know anything at all about college football, then you know that every game in the SEC is a test, nothing is a gimme, and even the national champs LSU know that.

Bottom line is fuck ohio state.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #123
    stoops is 2-4 overall in bcs games and its beginning to look like he doesn't wanna stay in norman.

I will agree that sometimes speed does beat power but it has to be coached properly and this is the 2nd time that OU couldn't keep up with the speed of their opponent in a bcs game (USC '04).

What's amazing is that interim coaches this bowl season coming into last nites game were I believe 04 combined and hamilton (or whatever wvu's interim coach was) did a great job in motivating his squad from offense-defense-special teams. I haven't seen OU get run on like that since KSU back in the '03 big 12 championship game. It was greatness on WVU's part.
    WORD... and yea, fuck Ohio State, the Big 11, and the Big 12.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    So how about those Dolphins?

Oh screw it, I don't know who the Dolphins are.

And screw College Football.

I always thought the Raiders looked cool.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ßöмßäяdîëя;1531070 said:
    WORD... and yea, fuck Ohio State, the Big 11, and the Big 12.
    yeah, ok Burkie.....just wait until Bo freakin' Pellini gets Nebraska back on track !! :agree:

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    vinny i give him 2 yrs minimum to get you back in the big bowls. a full cycle of players for his era to come into full effect :tup:

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #127
    So how about those Dolphins?

Oh screw it, I don't know who the Dolphins are.

And screw College Football.

I always thought the Raiders looked cool.
    Miami Dolphins....the Oakland Raiders.

BUT THAT'S PRO, bro.
    yeah, ok Burkie.....just wait until Bo freakin' Pellini gets Nebraska back on track !! :agree:
    :melayyanandmessi:

Whatever...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ßöмßäяdîëя;1531122 said:
    Miami Dolphins....the Oakland Raiders.

BUT THAT'S PRO, bro.

:melayyanandmessi:

Whatever...
    I know that's pro. I know that much.

On the other hand, I have to admit that's where my so called knowledge ends.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ßöмßäяdîëя;1531140 said:
    Word, no worries....

It's like me and that damn Cricket nonsense.
    But American Football has some cool aspects. Cricket doesn't.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    here are the final AP rankings, its surprising to see how dumb the press is in ranking USC #3 after the gay season they had. maybe in pre season they should be top 5 but not at the end of this season after beating the 3rd best team in the big 10 :tdown:

AP Top 10
    1. LSU (60) 12-2 1,620
    2. Georgia (3) 11-2 1,515
    3. USC (1) 11-2 1,500
    4. Missouri 12-2 1,347
    5. Ohio State 11-2 1,346
    6. West Virginia 11-2 1,342
    7. Kansas (1) 12-1 1,303
    8. Oklahoma 11-3 1,139
    9. Virginia Tech 11-3 1,096
    10. Texas 10-3 962

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I just saw a clip of the injury suffered by Willis Mcgahee back in 2003.

Seriously, I don't think football is that cool anymore.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    I just saw a clip of the injury suffered by Willis Mcgahee back in 2003.

Seriously, I don't think football is that cool anymore.
    ya i still remember watching that game when my canes got screwed over for the championship. mcgahee's injury was horrific because the camera's caught the exact point of impact and they kept on replaying over and over in slow motion as you have probably seen. :inter:

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #136
    here are the final AP rankings, its surprising to see how dumb the press is in ranking USC #3 after the gay season they had. maybe in pre season they should be top 5 but not at the end of this season after beating the 3rd best team in the big 10 :tdown:

AP Top 10
    1. LSU (60) 12-2 1,620
    2. Georgia (3) 11-2 1,515
    3. USC (1) 11-2 1,500
    4. Missouri 12-2 1,347
    5. Ohio State 11-2 1,346
    6. West Virginia 11-2 1,342
    7. Kansas (1) 12-1 1,303
    8. Oklahoma 11-3 1,139
    9. Virginia Tech 11-3 1,096
    10. Texas 10-3 962

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex
    We shouldn't be below OSU.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ya i still remember watching that game when my canes got screwed over for the championship. mcgahee's injury was horrific because the camera's caught the exact point of impact and they kept on replaying over and over in slow motion as you have probably seen. :inter:
    Well that and the fact it hyperextended. A knee collapsing towards the ground is awful to see as well, but to see it hyperextend like that is a lot worse.

Somehow there also seem to be so much horrific football injuries. Sure there are broken legs and there are lots of torn ACL ligaments in soccer, but hardly anything like this. Worst I've seen myself was Alan Smith's I think.

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #140
    Football player files missing
    Fingers point to Rodriguez
    By Dave Hickman
    Staff writer
    MORGANTOWN — West Virginia officials are wondering if assistant coaches aren’t all that Rich Rodriguez took with him to Michigan. They believe he may also have destroyed all or most of the paperwork files relating to every player on the current Mountaineer roster and virtually all of the activities conducted by the program over the past seven years.

Soon after returning to work after the Fiesta Bowl a little more than a week ago, the staff at the Puskar Center found that most of the files — including all of the player files — that had been stored in Rodriguez’s private office were missing. In addition, all of the players’ strength and conditioning files in the weight room were gone.

“It’s unbelievable. Everything is gone, like it never existed,’’ said a source within the athletic department, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “Good, bad or indifferent, we don’t have a record of anything that has happened.’’

According to the source, the files in Rodriguez’s office that are now missing included everything from records regarding summer camps — financial and otherwise — to data on boosters, recruiting and most everything related to activities within the program during Rodriguez’s seven years at WVU.

Most disturbing, though, is the absence of all of the players’ personal files, which included, among other things, contact information, scholarship money awarded, class attendance records and records on personal conduct and community service, be it positive or negative.

“If a player spoke to a school or did public service, we don’t have a record of it,’’ said the source. “If he broke a rule or missed class, we don’t have a record of that, either. We don’t have anything. All the good things these kids have done over the years, there’s nothing — not a picture of somebody speaking to a class, nothing. Why would somebody do that?’’

West Virginia athletic director Ed Pastilong did not return a message seeking comment Monday night. Neither could Rodriguez be reached for comment.

The files went missing sometime between when Rodriguez resigned on Dec. 16 and the time the team and staff returned from the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 3. It could have happened as early as the first days following Rodriguez’s resignation because his old office was largely ignored by the support staff and the coaching staff between the time he left and Dec. 26, when the team and support staff all went to Arizona for the Fiesta Bowl.

According to multiple sources, several people in the Puskar Center reported seeing Rodriguez and at least one member of his inner circle, video coordinator Dusty Rutledge, in Rodriguez’s private office shredding paperwork on Dec. 18. That’s the day he returned to clean out his office after being introduced as the Michigan coach at a press conference in Ann Arbor the day before. At the time, those who say they witnessed it either did not know what was being destroyed or paid it little attention to it until the files were discovered missing more than two weeks later.

While the files in Rodriguez’s office held a wide range of information, those that were discovered missing from the weight room office were more specific. Those included every aspect of strength and conditioning progress made by players under former strength and conditioning coordinator Mike Barwis, who along with most of his immediate staff followed Rodriguez to Michigan after the Fiesta Bowl. Those files included the progression made by each player in every specific area, from bench-press totals to 40-yard dash times. The files even included pictures of the players at different points in their careers.

While a source within the athletic department said the department itself wasn’t launching any type of investigation into the missing files — “Our plate is pretty full right now with trying to put together a staff and everything else,’’ the source said, “and we don’t have time to deal with [stuff] like this right now.’’ — it has apparently drawn the interest of the university’s legal counsel.

WVU lawyers are in the process of trying to recover $4 million from Rodriguez as a condition of breaking his contract with six years remaining to become the coach at Michigan. While Rodriguez has maintained that West Virginia breached the contract by not fulfilling all of its terms — an argument the university denies — the school filed suit in Monongalia County Circuit Court last month detailing what it claims are breaches by Rodriguez above and beyond simply breaking the contract. Those include calling recruits to tell them of his decision to switch schools before he told his own team. It certainly would not help Rodriguez’s case if the school can prove that he also destroyed what WVU officials consider state files on his way out.

To contact staff writer Dave Hickman, use e-mail or call 348-1734.

http://sundaygazettemail.com/section/Sports/WVU/2008011432

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)