Amazing! (1 Viewer)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Got bored, so I decided to run through similarities between our glory days in mid 90s and present day. And I found out that it is strikingly similar. It is that history repeats itself?
Here are some of the similarities that I have found.

1. Lippi one the Scudetto on his first year.
2. Milan tried to buy back in 94-95. They are trying to do that now.
Back in mid 90s, they bought, Weah and Baggion. Today, they bought Tomasson, Rivaldo, and Nesta.
3. Juve won the Champions League in 95-96, and did relatively poorly in the league. We seems to save our best for the Champions league this year.
4. After Juve won the championship in 94, we tried to solidify our team by buying Vierchwod, Jugovic, and Lombardo. This year we did same. Camo, Di Vaio and Moretti joined the team.
5. Roma had a disasterous year, on our championship winning season. :LOL: Capello couldn't have done any better in trying to become another Mazzone.
6. Milan brought in even more stars even though they won the league in 95. They wanted to bring in young talents. Davids and Reiziger were their answer. Right now, Milan is practically linked with any decent young player. Legratalle (i can't spell his name, Chievo bloke), Stankovic, Zaccardo, you name it all.
7. In the mid 90s, Juve and Milan seemed to be chasing same player everytime. Back then, both of us wanted, Bogarde, Ziege. Then again, thank it was Milan who got them.;)
Most of players I mentioned above are linked with us as well.
8. In his first season, Lippi is able to rejuvenate a star player adn he become the focus of the team. Del Piero right now Vialli back then.
9. Lippi doesn't seem to lose his hatred towards fantasy players.:D. Robby in 90s and Zizou in this millenium.
10. Resurgence of Laziali, although in somewhat different manner.
11. Unexpected performance from his striker. Trez, now Fabrizio in the past.

So based on this trend I make some stupid but bold prediction.
1. Del Piero and Salas would be sold just as Vialli and Ravanelli were sold.
2. Ferrara and Montero are finished and Lippi is going to bring a new defensive partnership. Preferably, South American. Marquez are you listening?
3. Juve is going to win the Champions league but finish well down in the leauge.
4. New youth programe would start. Miccoli, Ergic, Sculli are the future just like Zidane, Amoruso, Montero, Vieri, in the past.
5. Milan would sack Carla, :D as he got pissed off at Maldini for praising Scolari. Galliani becomes not impressed. Scolari, the next Oscar Tabarez Washington, please stand up! :D:D:D. They somehow manage to win the league as Rivaldo puts George Weah kind of performances.:fero:
6. Roma also experience meltdown. They too go for the South American flair, only this time it is not Carlos Bianchi but Bielsa. Vivas is his lucky mascot.:heart:
7. Juve becomes again the most dominating team in the world.
:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

Jun

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Bloody hell - you REALLY must have been bored! :D

I'm not the supersticious person though I'll admit the similarities in here are striking!

Jul 12, 2002
I think that you missed a few similarities:
1. The balls were round back in the mid-90's and they are still round today
2. they used a kind of nylon stringing for the nets then as today
3. each team fielded 11 players then and they are doing that now too

looks to me like history is repeating itself.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
I think that you missed a few similarities:
1. The balls were round back in the mid-90's and they are still round today
2. they used a kind of nylon stringing for the nets then as today
3. each team fielded 11 players then and they are doing that now too

looks to me like history is repeating itself.
Hell yeah, :LOL::LOL::D:D

OP
Jun-hide

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    I forgot one thing.

Remember when we beat Roma 3-0 (i think) in 94-95?
    Remember the incidence when Roma players throw in skids off the top of assistance's bold head and Rave picked it off and scored?:D:D:D:LOL::LOL::LOL:
    Sensi were complaining that there was favoritism towards Juve back then and the old man still hasn't changed a bit.:LOL:
    Maybe his anger could be a good omen. ;)
    I mean, after all, there must be somthing wrong if he stays quiet. :D
    Sensi complained. We are on a right track guys. :cool:

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
    9. Lippi doesn't seem to lose his hatred towards fantasy players.:D. Robby in 90s and Zizou in this millenium.
    Jun
    u must of have been really bored!
    but i have to give u credit it was pretty entertaining! although i disagree on one thing man!!!

Lippi did not care about baggio! but zidane case is different as he didn't want to give zidane away!

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by KeNgO ] ++
    Lippi did not care about baggio! but zidane case is different as he didn't want to give zidane away!
    Lippi wasn't even the manager when we sold Zidane. That is a moot point.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    something you forgot guys which is :

Players used to wear jerseys and shorts and shoes
    and they still do so till now :D:LOL:

OP
    Jun-hide

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    Most of them anyway...........................................:LOL:
    :LOL:
    Unless you are Roma.;)
    They fans won't let you even wear a short! I wonder if any of them tried to take away Totti's knickers!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)