Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (145 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
Amauri days away from Fiorentina
Wednesday January 11 2012

Forgotten Juventus striker Amauri hopes to secure a move to Fiorentina within the next 48 hours.

The Viola have made an offer for the Brazilian-born Italian international and a switch could be imminent.

“There are these two voices about Roma and Fiorentina,”
the former Chievo and Palermo man told TMW.

“Fiorentina are the side who want me more. I know that the clubs are talking in an effort to resolve the situation.

“We’ll just have to wait and see what happens over the next two days, even if I hope everything is sorted out before then.

“The problem is not my contract, it is the clubs who have to agree terms.”

It is understood that the striker, who hasn’t played for Juve this term, has accepted a €1.5m salary until 2014.

All that needs to be agreed now is the manner of the transfer between the two clubs. The Viola are trying to pay as little as possible given that the player has less than six months left on his Turin contract.

http://www.football-italia.net/node/14534

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Get 2m out of this and invest that in Alex or Pizarro. Though we shoulda gotten more on this deal. Fiorentina making a killing with his salary offer and transfer fee. I hope Marrotta asks for Monto. Straight swap. Unfortunately we are on the short end of this deal. Beyond our control though.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
As long as his useless ass is out of the club, I couldn't care a less if we make any money on him or not, just getting his wages off the books is more than enough for me.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Get 2m out of this and invest that in Alex or Pizarro. Though we shoulda gotten more on this deal. Fiorentina making a killing with his salary offer and transfer fee. I hope Marrotta asks for Monto. Straight swap. Unfortunately we are on the short end of this deal. Beyond our control though.
Any other crazy demands Marotta should make?

Perhaps offer Amauri and 2m for Jovetic?

Marotta just needs to make sure Juve don't have to pay Amauri for the rest of the season.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Asking for Monto isnt a bad idea, since he's kind of in a similar situation to Amauri with 6 months on his contract. We were talking about Iaq being traded for Mont, why not Amauri? What's so crazy about that Black, White and Red?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Asking for Monto isnt a bad idea, since he's kind of in a similar situation to Amauri with 6 months on his contract. We were talking about Iaq being traded for Mont, why not Amauri? What's so crazy about that Black, White and Red?
Fiorentina aren't desperate to sell Montolivo, so I doubt he'd move for less than 5m.

Juve are desperate to sell Amauri - and Fiorentina know that - so why on earth would they offer 2m for him?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Fiorentina aren't desperate to sell Montolivo, so I doubt he'd move for less than 5m.

Juve are desperate to sell Amauri - and Fiorentina know that - so why on earth would they offer 2m for him?
Fiorentina not being desperate has nothing to do with the player's will. Monto wants out, and if Marrotta asks for him, he could make a case for it in a situation like is. I think they're negotiating the amount right now, before agreeing terms. So the negotiation is about getting some sort of valuation in return. Fiorentina know they could lose Mont for nothing in June, so there's some leverage there. Its kind of like Roma asking for a player in return for Pizarro despite knowing he wants out and that they're not in control of the deal. The thing that's working against Marrotta is Amauri's will is perhaps even more than the clubs desperation to sell him, so the odds are stacked against us.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't think Montolivo is pushing for a move this month and I've seen nothing to suggest that Fiorentina are particularly keen to sell him for a little now, rather just accepting he'll go for nothing in the summer.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Amauri showed that he still could score while playing for Parma. His 6 months in Parma should be worth something. Too bad his high salary makes it hard to do something with him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 145)