Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (7 Viewers)

cublinks

Apr 8, 2008
Chiellini and Amauri recover

There is good news for Juventus as Giorgio Chiellini and Amauri could both be available for the trip to Brescia this week.

The pair trained earlier today after they missed the 3-1 defeat of Cesena at the weekend.

Chiellini has been sidelined with a muscle problem since he pulled up in the warm-up ahead of the 2-1 win at Milan. Amauri missed Sunday’s match with the flu.

Should there be no further problems over the next few days then the duo will be available for the Rigamonti game on Wednesday.

Chiellini is all set to replace young Dane Frederik Sorensen, just 18, who played alongside Leonardo Bonucci in defence yesterday.

Former Arsenal full-back Armand Traore also trained with the squad today and could be named in Gigi Del Neri’s squad.

Felipe Melo is likely to miss the game though after he limped out of the Cesena tie less than 15 minutes after coming on as a substitute.

Although tests have ruled out any muscle tear for the Brazilian, he could be rested ahead of the weekend’s home game against Roma.

http://www.football-italia.net/nov08r.html

the beast is back! he will show brescia no mercy!
forza amauri!

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I hear what people are saying. If you don't support the black & white, no matter who's in it, then what good are you as a fan?

Fair question. But Janet has been a bitter, very bitter disappointment. And I see no signs of improvement. It's one thing for a player to have a few months of bad form. It's another to have that last a season and a half.

So while I'll cheer him on to score, at the same time I secretly hope our pathetic medical crew didn't give him a flu shot.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Chiellini and Amauri recover

There is good news for Juventus as Giorgio Chiellini and Amauri could both be available for the trip to Brescia this week.

The pair trained earlier today after they missed the 3-1 defeat of Cesena at the weekend.

Chiellini has been sidelined with a muscle problem since he pulled up in the warm-up ahead of the 2-1 win at Milan. Amauri missed Sunday’s match with the flu.

Should there be no further problems over the next few days then the duo will be available for the Rigamonti game on Wednesday.

Chiellini is all set to replace young Dane Frederik Sorensen, just 18, who played alongside Leonardo Bonucci in defence yesterday.

Former Arsenal full-back Armand Traore also trained with the squad today and could be named in Gigi Del Neri’s squad.

Felipe Melo is likely to miss the game though after he limped out of the Cesena tie less than 15 minutes after coming on as a substitute.

Although tests have ruled out any muscle tear for the Brazilian, he could be rested ahead of the weekend’s home game against Roma.

http://www.football-italia.net/nov08r.html

the beast is back! he will show brescia no mercy!
forza amauri!
He will show Juve fans no mercy by missing each and every single chance.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Meh, the only good news is Chiellini is back. I'd rather have that kid from the Primavera team starting over Amauri.
It's ironic that they're both back, given that Chiellini will finally outscore him this season after coming close last season.

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
I refer you to Iaquintas game against Inter this season. I don't remember a worse performance by any Juventus striker. How many times did he get caught offside that game? :sergio:
At least he scores on another occasion unlike Amori :D lol
i want Amauri to scores for us , to help the team but unfortunately he doesn't :cry:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
At least he scores on another occasion unlike Amori :D lol
i want Amauri to scores for us , to help the team but unfortunately he doesn't :cry:
Unfortunately Amauri is deficient in the most important aspect of his game and that's goals. Looking at it in more detail though, he's had a more interrupted time at Juve then Iaquinta. I've seen Amauri at his best and its by far better then IQs best. He just has a whole lot more to offer then IQ does IMO. It won't happen but I truly believe that he could become a decent striker again if he could be starting more consistently without injuries interrupting him. He still has all the things about him that made us want to buy him in the first place. Physical attributes and valuable skills don't just disappear, not unless he fell over in the tub one day. He just lacks the confidence he used to have and that's fundamentally the problem with Amauri.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Unfortunately Amauri is deficient in the most important aspect of his game and that's goals. Looking at it in more detail though, he's had a more interrupted time at Juve then Iaquinta. I've seen Amauri at his best and its by far better then IQs best. He just has a whole lot more to offer then IQ does IMO. It won't happen but I truly believe that he could become a decent striker again if he could be starting more consistently without injuries interrupting him. He still has all the things about him that made us want to buy him in the first place. Physical attributes and valuable skills don't just disappear, not unless he fell over in the tub one day. He just lacks the confidence he used to have and that's fundamentally the problem with Amauri.
The guy has been horrible for over 2 years - he's now 30 and not getting younger - I can't see him ever going back to remotely what he use to be - besides, he was never a prolific goal scorer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)