Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (32 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Granted, but then again, it's kind of counter intuitive when a player that is doing well gets sold, so not the transfer season of 2009. This year though? Yeah, should have been sold, he proved his worth.
Not really. We had four international strikers, all of them were more than capable of covering for Amauri in case of injury. He wasn't an established player yet & that insane rumor that Real were prepared to pay 50m would have been ideal, even if its a bs story. We could have gotten 30m+ for him during his brief fling with form.

La_Fidanzata

Feb 18, 2008
Eventhough its hard to see his potential, it must be there. He was a very ok boxplayer one time. But its so sad to see how he tries to find his flow. Every match he shows how frustrated he is, which to me is a good enough reason to remove him from the pitch immediatly. His frustration affects the rest of the team, and we are way too often poor when hes fielded.
Amauri must begin with what he can which is to fight in the box whenever the ball gets close to him. Holding up the ball is not his force. Quagliarella does that ten times better.

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
Not really. We had four international strikers, all of them were more than capable of covering for Amauri in case of injury. He wasn't an established player yet & that insane rumor that Real were prepared to pay 50m would have been ideal, even if its a bs story. We could have gotten 30m+ for him during his brief fling with form.
Well, the thing, Juve payed more than 20 for the guy and at that time was apparently going to be a winning transfer.

Of course the 50 million offer was bs, anyone would have sold the guy in a second, rented a private plane for him and packed all of his things so he never had to come back if it was true.

In reality I don't think we could have gotten even close to 30, and we are speaking with the benefit of hindsight. He should have been gone this year though and kept Trez for another year.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

Why won't you come down here and build a sandcastle with me?! We build them all the time in the beaches of Brazil.

It's ok, I'll just start break-dancing and make you jealous of my skills. What-what? Step it up son!

Like a graceful gazelle in motion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)