Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (116 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
C'mon, I know you're Italian. :D

No but seriously, let's put Amauri aside.

How can Gilardino be a very good striker now, just how? 90% of the forum agreed that he's nothing special at all, that Viola is the right club for him. What did he show in Milan? Nothing. He's just a mid table club material.
Yeah, he's a good stiker for a midtable team. He can score goals, but he is very frustrating to watch when the ball is played to him. He never gets his touches correct, always poor flick ons, lay-offs, etc. Even Trez can do those. And he is always flailing around the place trying in vain to get fouls and more often than not fouls defenders when challenging for air balls.

Vrrrrh

Oct 10, 2008
If we follow that filosophy, Amauri is also a mid table club material. He was scoring in Chievo and Palermo, but is not doing a proper job in Juventus.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yeah, he's a good stiker for a midtable team. He can score goals, but he is very frustrating to watch when the ball is played to him. He never gets his touches correct, always poor flick ons, lay-offs, etc. Even Trez can do those. And he is always flailing around the place trying in vain to get fouls and more often than not fouls defenders when challenging for air balls.
Yep, he's clumsy and awful with the ball.

I rated him higher back at his Parma days but later...no thank you.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Marceℓℓo;2247642 said:
Who said Gilardino is world class?He is a very good striker though,he even was at Milan where he scored a good amount of goals,despite being called a flop there.
I was barely making a point there.

Well he was a flop. I've watching him many times and he was bloody awful, I remember how many people laughed him back then, rightfully so.

For his price, he sure is overrated, hyped, priced and everything.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I was barely making a point there.

Well he was a flop. I've watching him many times and he was bloody awful, I remember how many people laughed him back then, rightfully so.

For his price, he sure is overrated, hyped, priced and everything.
Meh,you're using the word "overrated" too often anyway for my taste,Dusan.

We'll have to agree to disagree here,because I rate Gilardino. Amauri on the other hand is not worth the money we spend for him so far.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Marceℓℓo;2247660 said:
We'll have to agree to disagree here,because I rate Gilardino. Amauri on the other hand is not worth the money we spend for him so far.
He's not, even though I like him.

Would I consider his departure? Yes. Would I bring Gila? No f way. Just remember his Milan performances.

How do I use it too often? It's just saying he's not good enough for us, or any other top team.

May 22, 2007
C'mon, I know you're Italian. :D

No but seriously, let's put Amauri aside.

How can Gilardino be a very good striker now, just how? 90% of the forum agreed that he's nothing special at all, that Viola is the right club for him. What did he show in Milan? Nothing. He's just a mid table club material.
Great, so Gilardino is a world class striker now.
"World class" :scared: :D

There's a difference between being a very good footballer and striker IMO. He didn't live up to expectations at Milan, but he still managed to get a decent amount of goals for flopping. And now he is back scoring loads, like a good striker should. Like I said, we'll have to disagree.

Edit: And yeah, Gilardino wouldn't be my first choice either, not now.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
He's not, even though I like him.

Would I consider his departure? Yes. Would I bring Gila? No f way. Just remember his Milan performances.

How do I use it too often? It's just saying he's not good enough for us, or any other top team.
Let's put it like this,I'd swap him with Gilardino any day of the week.If we are going to get a new striker,Gilardino wouldn't be my first choice either.

You use the word "overrated" basically for every player you don't like:D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
"World class" :scared: :D

There's a difference between being a very good footballer and striker IMO. He didn't live up to expectations at Milan, but he still managed to get a decent amount of goals for flopping. And now he is back scoring loads, like a good striker should. Like I said, we'll have to disagree.
:mad:

Marceℓℓo;2247683 said:
Let's put it like this,I'd swap him with Gilardino any day of the week.If we are going to get a new striker,Gilardino wouldn't be my first choice either.

You use the word "overrated" basically for every player you don't like:D
Ok I guess I'll drop it for Gila. He'll stay as an average player in my books.

lol, it's not really like that. I use to because people extremely exaggerate when it comes to some players. One match is enough for some people to say "I want him". Like it was example with Basta. In this case, he's overrated because certain members called him a very good striker :D and due to his price as well he's overrated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)