Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (147 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
First fo all, the board said long time ago that they had some money destined for the mercato. Is not like we are empty handed after the Diego´s deal. yeh it was expensive but it was something planned since long ago and im very sure the 3 stoogs are not dumb enoguh to have wasted all the funds already.

Like cronios said... first of all get rid of the bunch of useless guys... which in total can make like 10 millions at most.

Also, it doesnt matter how u see at it... MIlan with Amauri wil GET stronger. Just look at what he did in this creativeless team.... now imagine what he will be able to do with Kaka on his back. And if they sell Kaka, with that money they will be able to buy any decent replacement (not equal cuz kaka is just impossible to replace right now).
With that money they can pump their team to the point for this deal to backfire at us.

Also amauri was not tested to the max here because he lost a big chunk of the season.

In the end of teh day, our striking force was never an issue. We all knew that we had good strikers and we still do.

Heck i even see the Trezeguet matter more of an urgency than selling amauri.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 19, 2007
we are NOT meeeeelan....we are JUVENTUS!!!!

seeling amauri without an adequate replacement already here would be as dumb as milan selling kaka if not more stupid. At least they have ronaldinho to hopefully pick up the void left by kaka
Yeah or maybe as dumb as the Zidane. We havent won anything since that terrible move. And also we have no good replacements. Now if we had Del Piero, Trezeguet, Iaquinta, and Giovinco we would be fine but obviously Amauri is irreplaceable. By the way I really like Amauri and its nothing against him but hes not some legend or something and he is a big extra right now not a must

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Look, you people are fucking DELUSIONAL. Trezeguet is injured now for a half a season every year, Del Piero is 34 and not getting any younger, Giovinco is only a support forward or a midfielder, and Iaquinta isn't even close to being world class. Yet some of you want to SELL Amauri?

The player is indeed irreplaceable, he was one of the most important players of the season, and we just bought him. We're not selling him so don't even think about it.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I'm also pretty sure it's just a rumour,and even if Leonardo wants him,they won't offer such a sum for Amauri,so he's staying.

Happy birthday!!

P.S
Trez is the one they looks like he's on his way out,and Pandev/Lavezzi are to come in for a replacement...as the news from Italian media tells us...

Forza Amauri!

Jul 26, 2007
Selling him would be a big mistake imo. He is very strong and a perfect targetman. He also redefines gravity with his headers. I also would not be against it if juve would buy a striker who is more of an technical player. Then we would have the perfect mixture up front:
Del Piero/Someone technical(Cassano f.ex.) and Amauri/Iaquinta/Trezeguet up front, although im quite certain trez is leaving this summer. Man, that would be one SICK attack.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
I would never sell Amauri at least not yet, but would sell Trez.
Trez for years wanted to leave and considering all his recent injuries, current squad i would say that would be best for us.
Amauri is a top striker, at right age and can deliver even more together with IQ or DP.

Also I dont think Man city are so stupid to offer silly money anyway, they just got Barry for £12M and you would expect that they will pay much more, considering all saga years ago.

However there are reports that Chelsea offered silly money for Kaka.

As many said before, i would upgrade our defense with money from Tiago, Almiron, Trez, and hopefully get Cristco back.

Dec 31, 2008
I'd love to see him stay for a long time but if big money is there we should consider the offer. It would be awesome if we sign Tevez or Benzema

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You don't think he is? Amauri holds up and shields the ball well, can create as well as score, is a good header of the ball, and is strong and nimble. What more could you want from a striker?

Would you rather have Inzaghi and Quagliarella cuz they are little Italian pansies? (and btw, I love Italians and have Italian blood, but not every Italian player is great, just as not all their pizzas, pastas, and gelatos are)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Amauri has a long way to go to become a world class striker, don't kid yourself folks. Few solid seasons with Palermo and one solid with Juve doesn't quite cut it. He is a great striker with lots of quality but he needs to earn himself a name on the big stage.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You don't think he is? Amauri holds up and shields the ball well, can create as well as score, is a good header of the ball, and is strong and nimble. What more could you want from a striker?

Would you rather have Inzaghi and Quagliarella cuz they are little Italian pansies? (and btw, I love Italians and have Italian blood, but not every Italian player is great, just as not all their pizzas, pastas, and gelatos are)
Have you ever been to Italy? Seriously, it won't be that easy to find a bad pizza or a bad gelato in Italy. Maybe if you go the most touristic spots in Firenze, they'll sell you shit, but otherwise..

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I am not saying it is easy, but if you search hard enough, there are bad ones. The point I am trying to make is that just cuz a player is Italian doesn't necessarily mean he is good.

I do think Amauri is knocking on the door of other WC strikers tho. If Luca Toni is considered WC, then Amauri should rightfully be included in that group as well.

Jan 22, 2009

Yes, mate..I dont think he is a world class forward..yet! I agree on the good header part, but I see his holding and shielding the ball most of the time near the touchlines, away from the goal a bit useless! Yes it gives the time for teammates to enter the opposition field but most of the time it simply gives time for opposition to reorganize in their box! Also I see him losing the ball prolly 80 % of the cases when 1 vs 1, after that he is not chasing but make faces...like ''hey, im not getting proper support''
Im not an italian strikers fanboy, but Inzaghi shields the ball 10 times better then Amauri(he do it in box), is 10 times deadlier and is 10 times smarter....bassicly this is what I call world class forward!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 147)