Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (104 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The real reason, Elkann didnt though;)
Havent you said, not to trust the press anyway?:oops:
Maybe the accordance to this transfer is already made (for next year)
and no more meetings and comments for this matter will appear any time soon...
What about the press? It's you who believed the press that Cassano is coming and guessing that the transfer is already made. My reply to you was based on what YOU believed from the MEDIA

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Given our need to strengthen our defence and the fact that we just spent about 25m to sustain a Nedvedless midfield. You'd think that selling somebody who hasnt made a difference to your season for an amount that will, might just be ithe way to go and n the best interests of the team. And to be perfectly honest, if I had to lose one of Amauri or Trezegol, it's a no contest.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
What about the press? It's you who believed the press that Cassano is coming and guessing that the transfer is already made. My reply to you was based on what YOU believed from the MEDIA
But i did not believed that only because of the press said so,
you are familiar with the issue and our long term interest on the player and Elkann expressed admiration.
I still see this transfer as a possibility no matter what the press says, for other reasons...

David01

Aug 20, 2006
is Kaka going to Madrid? or is this only another Ronaldo saga?
with Madrid you never know
I read somewhere else that Milan need to sell cuz they are deep in the red and Fininvest (Berlusconi) is unwilling to pay up

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Given our need to strengthen our defence and the fact that we just spent about 25m to sustain a Nedvedless midfield. You'd think that selling somebody who hasnt made a difference to your season for an amount that will, might just be ithe way to go and n the best interests of the team. And to be perfectly honest, if I had to lose one of Amauri or Trezegol, it's a no contest.
But we dont really have to lose any of them, if we lose one, they should be replaced and i doubt that this board would find an appropriate replacement with the funds earned from the sale. (unless Man City makes a crazy bid for Treze)
There is no need to risk and waste time and resources for that.

Lets focus on selling the some of the squad players we wont miss, Almiron(3-4mil), Tiago(8-10) or Poulsen(9-11), raise some funds and replace Zebina(2-4) and Mellberg(3-4) with some proper starters!!

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I agree at the beginning of the season we were all screaming that we had the best strikeforce in Europe
exagerated perhaps but we do have very good strikers
there is no need to replace any of them
only Trez appears to be unhappy but that should be solveble by Ferrara
and if you guys think we should sell Amauri and get Benzema think again
the minute Benzema becomes available a host of teams with far greater budgets will go after him
and then we end up with Julio Cruz or Luca Toni if we are lucky

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
I agree at the beginning of the season we were all screaming that we had the best strikeforce in Europe
exagerated perhaps but we do have very good strikers
there is no need to replace any of them
only Trez appears to be unhappy but that should be solveble by Ferrara
and if you guys think we should sell Amauri and get Benzema think again
the minute Benzema becomes available a host of teams with far greater budgets will go after him
and then we end up with Julio Cruz or Luca Toni if we are lucky
change benzema with diego and see what i have read everyday on the forum. Juventus ain't parma or i donno what club. There are wc players that want to play for us...

David01

Aug 20, 2006
if Benzema becomes available for sure ManU and Barca will make offers, teams that have far geater financial power
and you think he would chose us instead?
dream on, unless we can set up a trade for Trez we have no chance of getting him
and if we trade him for Trez we still need a replacement for Amauri in the first place

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The speculated ammount is 30 million pounds, not 30 mil eur.
30 mil BP = ~34.5m eur.

Anyway for now it's just a newspaper's (Gazzetta) speculation that Milan, if they sell Kaka, might try to buy Amauri, who is highly rated by Leonardo.

Also, no-one suggested that Milan will offer so much money. Gazzetta only says that it won't be easy to buy Amauri from Juve and only an offer close to 30m british pounds might tempt Juve to think about selling.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
I wouldn't sell Amauri for sure, but given a choice to sell Trez for 8-10 m euro or Amauri for over 30 m, it would be very difficult to resist.

I mean, Amauri is priceless, but 34 m euro is quite a fair sum to sell him for;)
It would also look like we've sold Nocerino and half of Lanzafame for 22 m euro.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Well if we sell Amauri for 34M we could easily go for a big name young striker with that money and set us up for the next few years.

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
I'd rather we invest in the defense and then buy a striker. Hypothetically, If Amauri were to be sold to Milan for 30m this summer I doubt we would let Trez leave also. So we'd have Alex, Trez and Yak and we'd need to sign a 4th. Anyone of those guys could start for us and we'd have Gio who can play as a SS too. We may as well go for a WC defender(Lahm?) and get a youngster on the cheap as opposed to splashing out on a big name striker.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
That works too. Either way it is tough to pass up no matter how much of a beast Amauri is.
we are NOT meeeeelan....we are JUVENTUS!!!!

seeling amauri without an adequate replacement already here would be as dumb as milan selling kaka if not more stupid. At least they have ronaldinho to hopefully pick up the void left by kaka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)