Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (12 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Nothing at all against you, Reese but that article is based on the same quotations from Amauri from two days ago but some spice has been added to it; and of course the flashy "cliché" title.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #383
    Amauri picks #8 :eyebrows:

A little challenge to Il Zingaro? :D

Camo will go back to #16 I guess.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Why did he pick 8?

The only thing more annoying than people choosing numbers that don't suit their position are strikers who choose high numbers like 77 or 99.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    or a defender using #10. I don't remember which defender used #10, I think it was an Arsenal player. I'm not sure.
    Gallas wears number 10.

Lothar Matthaus wore the number 10 throughout his career, even when he was switched to sweeper. He was pretty nasty back there with the ball, so I don't mind a sweeper wearing the number 10 because sometimes he's the field general.

Joaco

the cronopio
    Dec 11, 2005
    Well, Matthaus is a different story. Anyway, Gallas is not exactly a Matthaus. You're right, there are some exceptions if Scirea or Baresi used the #10 I wouldn't be bothered at all.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Gallas wears number 10.

Lothar Matthaus wore the number 10 throughout his career, even when he was switched to sweeper. He was pretty nasty back there with the ball, so I don't mind a sweeper wearing the number 10 because sometimes he's the field general.
    But with Matthaus it was a different case, he wouldn't give his number. Speakign of which, I would love to see Nedved as a sweeper, can you imagine the passes coming from behind?

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Because Ranieri plans to use him in midfield...

Gallas wears number 10.

It used to be quite common for a sweeper to wear No.10. I think the tradition died when teams stopped playing systems that used a real libero type sweeper.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    But with Matthaus it was a different case, he wouldn't give his number. Speakign of which, I would love to see Nedved as a sweeper, can you imagine the passes coming from behind?
    Matthaus just kept his number from his midfield days. Jeez, he was one hell of a player.

Nedved as a sweeper? :lol2: Thanks, Jack, but I'll pass on that one.

Because Ranieri plans to use him in midfield...
    Well that figures.

It used to be quite common for a sweeper to wear No.10. I think the tradition died when teams stopped playing systems that used a real libero type sweeper.
    Yeah indeed. I'm trying to remember other liberos who wore the number as well. Did the Romanian Belodedici wear 10?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)