Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (144 Viewers)

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #362
    Amauri is wearing the new vapors! I read somewhere here that he has a contract with Nike ..

also, one of the problems was not only the wages but the image rights. Juve would get those and Amauri would get wages around 3.7m €/year. He's currently with Adidas but could become a new face of NIKE.

:juventus:
    :rulz:

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    LOL good call there mark, makes good sense too. We currently have more player contracted to adidas than Nike so they were always going to get a few more player onto Nike. It wouldnt be good publicity for nike to be sponsiring a team which is consisted of more adidas players than thier own.

rvi

l'amour toujours
    Apr 5, 2007
    I Am Here Thanks To Palermo - Amauri
    Juventus striker Amauri believes his move to the Bianconeri is down to his former club Palermo who gave him the chance to shine in Italy.The Brazilian hit-man was snapped up by the Old Lady for €24.8m following a great season with the Rosanero.

Amauri used the Renzo Barbera as his shop window to secure a move to a major club and he cannot thank Palermo enough.

He is focussing on the Champions League as well as the Scudetto and he is confident his side can achieve some much needed glory.

“If I am here, it’s thanks to Palermo and their fans,” Amauri told Studiosport.

“I found myself very well at the Rosanero and now a whole new scenario has opened up for me.

“I have done very well over the last few years and our objectives are to win the Scudetto and The Champions League.

“I really hope I can do well in the Bianconeri jersey as I would like to win something important.

“I think we can as I have great players by my side here at Juve.”

The Turin-based club will be hoping to get back to winning ways in the Champions League following a two-year absence as a result of the Calciopoli scandal which rocked them in 2006.

Salvatore Landolina

rvi

l'amour toujours
    Apr 5, 2007
    Amauri: «I'll repay the fans for their affection»

«My first impressions are excellent. There's a great group of players here, they made me feel at ease from the off and only confirmed the idea I had of Juventus before coming here: that of a great team». Amauri, from his very first appearances here at the pre-season camp in Pinzolo, is one of the players who have been more of a hit with the fans; a real confidence boost for the Brazilian, but also a lot of responsibility, seeing how much the fans are expecting from him: «I hope I can repay all the affection I felt in these first few days as soon as possible. There’s great competition here at Juventus, but I'm used to having to earn my place on the team. Wherever I've played, I've always fought hard to get my chance to play. Sure, it's going to be more difficult here, seeing the calibre of the players, but this is good for the team».

Despite being one of the new signings, Amauri already sounds like a leader when talk switches to objectives for next year: «My dreams and Juve's ones coincide: I'm hoping this team can do well, both in the League and in the Champions League. On a personal level I hope I can give a huge hand; I've been doing well in Italy for the last three years, but I still have to prove myself here». Regarding the possible new signing in midfield, Amauri has no preference: «In the middle we have players who are very good at defending, such as Sissoko, but also others that can set up the forwards, like Tiago or Zanetti. We'll see how the Club operate on the transfer market». Finally this is how he replied to someone reminding him about the recurring comparison with Ibrahimovic: «They already compared us when I was at Chievo and it pleases me because he's a great player, who did well here too. Obviously I'll try and do better than him…»

rvi

l'amour toujours
    Apr 5, 2007
    Amauri expects Old Lady glory
    Wednesday 9 July, 2008
    Juventus new recruit Amauri believes that he can outdo Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s achievements in Turin.

The Brazilian predator joined Juve from Palermo in one of the biggest transfers of the summer and is under pressure to deliver for his new employers.

Amauri has been compared with Swedish star Ibrahimovic, who enjoyed a glorious spell with the Old Lady between 2004 and 2006 and he doesn’t seem daunted.

“I don’t feel intimidated simply because I am used to it,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Since I arrived at Chievo people have been comparing me with Zlatan both physically and in the way we play.

“He became a superstar and he did very well at Juve. I am hoping to do even better.

“We want to win everything – the Scudetto, the Champions League and maybe the Coppa Italia as well. I just want to play and prove myself at the top level.”

With David Trezeguet and Alessandro Del Piero forming a lethal partnership last term, Amauri may not be guaranteed a starting shirt for the coming campaign.

“I’m not at all worried about that,” he claimed. “I have never been interested in personal aims.

“I have the greatest respect for Alessandro Del Piero and my other teammates, but I will try and play as much as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 144)