Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (55 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I can't understand why everyone here is apesh*t about Zapata from what i've seen of him i'd say he is just as good as Felipe

May 22, 2007
No way do I want Palla to go. At least he has shown for the national team that he can perform rather brilliantly. Just needs to convert the form into club football.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
No way do I want Palla to go. At least he has shown for the national team that he can perform rather brilliantly. Just needs to convert the form into club football.
but as long as Ranieri keeps playing him out of position, then he wont get that chance to show that form for Juve.

May 22, 2007
He did well on the wing for the Azzurri once if I remember correctly. It should be enough to mean that he can do well there, and for Ranieri to get it out of him.

Juve11

Mar 3, 2008
Can someone please tell me why Amauri is not playing for the Brazil national team? He surely is good enough, so whats the go?

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Can someone please tell me why Amauri is not playing for the Brazil national team? He surely is good enough, so whats the go?

Getting in the Brazilian NT aint't easy. There are many good Brazilian forward that have grace the European league like Jardel and Elber, but they are seldom a permanent fixture in their NT.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Only Dunga knows the answer to that question.. He seems to have his favorites and it's blindingly obvious that Amauri is a better player than the likes of Rafael Sobis, Vagner Love & co

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Amauri: I choose the Azzurri!

Brazilian striker Amauri has finally made his decision to wear the Azzurri shirt at international level.

The ex-Palermo forward is applying for an Italian passport, which is he eligible for as his wife has been living in the peninsula for many years, but admits it was a choice borne of frustration.

“I don’t know if now that I play for Juventus it will change something for Carlos Dunga,” he said of the Selecao boss.

“It is a shame, as I think I did well and deserved his consideration. I cannot wait for bureaucracy to run its course.”

Roberto Donadoni has been courting Amauri ever since becoming aware of the passport situation and it seems as if the union will be complete for the start of 2010 World Cup qualifying.

“It is true, I gave my priority to the Selecao before, but I am also proud to represent Italy. Donadoni said wonderful things about me, whereas I never heard from Dunga.

“Brazil remain a dream, while Italy are a fantastic reality and I would have loved to play in Euro 2008. I think if my passport had come through a month ago, the Coach would’ve called me.”

The Brazilian would not be the only ‘Oriundi’ in the squad, as Mauro Camoranesi also chose Italian citizenship ahead of his native Argentina.

“I hope to play the World Cup in South Africa. Luca Toni and myself wouldn’t make a bad pairing, eh?”

Amauri’s career is taking off after his move to Juventus and with the Nazionale in his future.

“Am I cheering on Italy in the European Championship? Of course! I hope Alessandro Del Piero or Toni can win the top scorer title, too.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun9g.html

We got another Juve player playing for the Azzurri, soon the whole squad like 82 :jvefan:

Az24

Apr 28, 2008
Sorry for being slow but just found the Sum of money that fiorentina paid for Gilardino (14m) LOL. that makes Amauri look like an absolute bargain... I only mention this becuase alot of people said Amauri was well over priced...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)