Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (146 Viewers)

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
I know - I'm not grilling his ability here, I'm just saying how frequently will he be given an opportunity to show that dimention is what I'm worried about. Otherwise he'll just be a 22 million (or whatever his actual cost) Euro sub

So and, look at the bench of Inter. Good sub, its also good and dont tell me Palla is also good, cause he is good for our primavera or Samp.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I like Amauri very much, but the question is WOULD Udinese refuse a 15 M € + Nocerino deal for Zapata?
Would Udinese refuse a 22.5m € offer for Zapata? That's still doable with a few million at most after the sales of Tiago and Almiron.

There would still likely be enough for a 20m € purchase of Xabi Alonso.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Amauri was, undoubtely, a very good adquisition, but is most important to reinforce our middfield with aquilani or xavi alonso....i dont undestand ranieri and secco´s priorities.....but anyway, welcome amauri

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why?

They could probably wait a year and get just as much money, if not more, and have Zapata for an extra season.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
strike while the iron is hot, my friend...who knows what will happen in a year...look at Barzagli for example...he was the best thing since Baresi last year and now he's gone to play in a mediocre-at-best German team

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
strike while the iron is hot, my friend...who knows what will happen in a year...look at Barzagli for example...he was the best thing since Baresi last year and now he's gone to play in a mediocre-at-best German team
Because he was always over rated. Zapata is actually has the potential to be a top class defender.

The men in white coats should be round to take you away shortly.Comparing Barzagli to Baresi is unacceptable.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Because he was always over rated. Zapata is actually has the potential to be a top class defender.

The men in white coats should be round to take you away shortly.Comparing Barzagli to Baresi is unacceptable.
it's easier to say things in hindsight, this time round last year every1 was clamouring for Barzagli

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
it's easier to say things in hindsight, this time round last year every1 was clamouring for Barzagli
I wasn't. :stuckup:

I wouldn't have complained if we had signed him rather than Andrade last summer, but I certainly wasn't disappointed we didn't get him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 146)