Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (153 Viewers)

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Its not that he's not good, its the situation upfront I'm considering. Basically I feel like it will end up like Iaquinta's situation (or Anelka's at Chelsea) unless he completely ousts Trezz as the frequently starting centre forward or CR uses 3 strikers frequently. Its quite hard to be a 20+ striker if you arent the team's first choice starter...unless of course he will be that

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Goals are not only thing that Amauri brings 2 us. He has a a dimension more....unlike Trez.
I know - I'm not grilling his ability here, I'm just saying how frequently will he be given an opportunity to show that dimention is what I'm worried about. Otherwise he'll just be a 22 million (or whatever his actual cost) Euro sub

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I'm afraid about our striking situation too...we just have too many plyaers who can command first team spots in any other team....
I just hope Trez can handle being sub, coz I think Amuari and DP will be the main duo......

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Amauri and Iaquinta are injury prone players, which means all of our strikers will get a fair shot at first team.

Aug 1, 2003
Don't forget we have Serie A and CL, and that's the major difference from last two seasons - I think we have forgotten what it felt like for a while now. Squad rotation is incredibly important because these players will be tired and god forbid but it's true probably injuries as well, so I think there will be enough room for everybody.

I do think Juve is going to sell one striker though, probably Iaquinta or Palladino. Maybe Palladino.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Amauri and Iaquinta are injury prone players, which means all of our strikers will get a fair shot at first team.
Amauri is not quite an injury prone player. He had his fair share of injuries but no more than Del Piero/Trezeguet/Iaquinta.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I have no problems in letting Palladino go. He is weak and can offer us way less than any other attacking player. There is just no room for him and to be honest, he is nothing special. Giovinco is way more talented and productive. Time to leave, Palla.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I have no problems in letting Palladino go. He is weak and can offer us way less than any other attacking player. There is just no room for him and to be honest, he is nothing special. Giovinco is way more talented and productive. Time to leave, Palla.
Gio is more midfielder and pala is more an attacker...........

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
injury prone? why because he had an injury which put him out for a while. Well he came back and proved that he can play in Italy. Del Piero had a major injury but he has come back stronger than ever.
My point, just because a player suffers an injury or 2, it doesnt mean he will continue to suffer for his whole career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 153)