Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (135 Viewers)

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Thats exactly what i was trying to say to the guys here. If we're paying just 15 million euros for amauri, then why do they say that we've paid 22.8 in the official statement !! the deal is this : we've paid 15 million euros in cash + necerino (who's valued at 7.5 mil) = 22 mil. So he's totall cost is 22.8 million euros Not 15 millions.......

Hmmm ... OK
Here is wat i think,

Total Value of Amauri in the Transfer from Pal to Juv: 22.8 Million Euros
Total Value of Nocerino in the Transfer from Juv to Pal: 7.5 Million Euros
Total Cash Flow out in the transfer of Amauri: 15.3 Million Euros (22.8 - 7.5)

And hence, Juve lost 15.3 Euros from the bank and Nocerino from the first team

But really these complications are secondary as the deal already is done and wish for Amauri to perform for Juve and be loved by the Juve faithfuls like the way he is loved by his fans in Palermo

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Hmmm ... OK
Here is wat i think,

Total Value of Amauri in the Transfer from Pal to Juv: 22.8 Million Euros
Total Value of Nocerino in the Transfer from Juv to Pal: 7.5 Million Euros
Total Cash Flow out in the transfer of Amauri: 15.3 Million Euros (22.8 - 7.5)

And hence, Juve lost 15.3 Euros from the bank and Nocerino from the first team
Wish him all the best, but i'm just trying to say that we actually paid 22.8 million for amauri deal Not like what some of the guys here R saying....

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Wish him all the best, but i'm just trying to say that we actually paid 22.8 million for Amauri deal Not like what some of the guys here R saying....
Ur rite .... :agree:

The Total cost of getting Amauri here is 22.8 million Euro, considering only hard cash lost, it is 15.3 Million Euros.

However, we also stopped paying Nocerino and all other bonus associated as Nocerino wont be playing a major part as long as Sissoko is around.

Difficult to say now whether it is a good or bad deal, will depend how one looks at it and their performance in the coming season :p

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Wish him all the best, but i'm just trying to say that we actually paid 22.8 million for amauri deal Not like what some of the guys here R saying....
We paid 15.3 million money. Overall value of transfer is 22.8 million.

Its like saying if you sell me a cookie worth $5, i give you $3 and a cup of coffee, the value of the transaction is $5 but i will be losing $3 from my wallet.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It was more than 22.8, because we also included Lanzafame in the deal and dont get me started on the salary, since Amauri's salary was many times over Noce's.

Amauri was a very very expensive player, thankfully we got him without paying so much cash.
But great things are expected, at a team with starters like Molinaro, a 25mil player, should really work wonders, to make up for the lost overall level of quality. We sacrificed funds to buy him, we sacrificed player contracts to buy him, we sacrificed a part of our salary cap to sign him, we might sacrifice the balance of our forward line to fit him, we will sacrifice Palla's future to use him. Amauri better start giving results right away, there are no excuses, he is considered an experienced seria A player, he will be 28 as of this season, he oughts to bring spectacular results and thats all we can hope for!
Amauri must score much more than Iaquinta, Amauri, must help us resolve our creative problems, Amauri must help us win titles,
only then his salary and transfer fee would be justified !!
We made our choice, no point on discussing what we would have done with that extra 25 mil (cash and player contracts used as bargain tools)
The deal is now over, Amauri is now our player, lets all hope that he will deliver most of the parts we expect him to deliver...

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
It was more than 22.8, because we also included Lanzafame in the deal and dont get me started on the salary, since Amauri's salary was many times over Noce's.
No, Lanzafame is of course included in the deal, but Palermo will pay us for him when his loan deal to Bari expires. So "for now" it's a Nocerino+cash deal, but we agreed also to sell half of Lanzafame and we will get money for him, which will decrease an amount of money transfered to Zamparini's account. We pay for Amauri 22.8m, nothing less, nothing more and we sell Nocerino and half of Lanzafame and get cash for them just like if we sold them to another club.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Too many cooks?

As Juventus confirm the addition of some Brazilian cuisine to their attacking menu, they should be reminded that too many cooks can spoil the broth. With so many strikers already jostling for position, is Amauri really the summer transfer they needed?

It seems strange to me that a team had Serie A’s two top scorers in 2007-08 should make splashing the cash on another striker their first priority in the transfer market. David Trezeguet and Alessandro Del Piero hit the back of the net 41 times between them, leaving Vincenzo Iaquinta to watch on from the bench in his first season in Turin.

Add in Raffaele Palladino hoping for a chance in attack after being used as a makeshift winger and the emergence of 19-year-old Cristian Pasquato and it would seem strikers are the least of their problems. As if they weren’t enough, the club has already confirmed that skilful young forward Sebastian Giovinco will be returning to the Olimpico after a great season on loan with Empoli. Given all of that, surely there are more pressing issues that sporting director Alessio Secco should be worrying about.

True, they have already secured the arrival of Swedish duo Olof Mellberg and 18-year-old trequartista Albin Ekdal on free transfers, but they still need to shore up a few holes elsewhere in their squad. The defence, for a start, needs some new additions despite Mellberg. The likes of Nicola Legrottaglie and Jorge Andrade cannot be relied on in the long term, especially given the latter’s injury problems.

But it is in midfield that my real concerns lie, especially with Antonio Nocerino leaving in the Amauri deal. They are currently in negotiations to sign Xabi Alonso from Liverpool, but they seem to be a long way off meeting the Reds’ extortionate demands. What has happened to the ambition they showed when they were chasing the likes of Diego and Rafael Van Der Vaart?

After Nocerino’s departure they still need an Alonso or similar, but attacking or wide players should have been made the immediate concern in the mercato. They have been caught short this season by injuries to Mauro Camoranesi and Pavel Nedved, so add in the extra strain of a Champions League campaign and the fact that neither of those two players are getting any younger and Juve could find themselves severely stretched if they don’t continue their spending. Despite Amauri’s undoubted quality, Secco has hardly had the start to the transfer window he needed to erase last summer’s incompetence from the fans’ memories

footballitaliano.tv

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Too many cooks?

As Juventus confirm the addition of some Brazilian cuisine to their attacking menu, they should be reminded that too many cooks can spoil the broth. With so many strikers already jostling for position, is Amauri really the summer transfer they needed?

It seems strange to me that a team had Serie A’s two top scorers in 2007-08 should make splashing the cash on another striker their first priority in the transfer market. David Trezeguet and Alessandro Del Piero hit the back of the net 41 times between them, leaving Vincenzo Iaquinta to watch on from the bench in his first season in Turin.

Add in Raffaele Palladino hoping for a chance in attack after being used as a makeshift winger and the emergence of 19-year-old Cristian Pasquato and it would seem strikers are the least of their problems. As if they weren’t enough, the club has already confirmed that skilful young forward Sebastian Giovinco will be returning to the Olimpico after a great season on loan with Empoli. Given all of that, surely there are more pressing issues that sporting director Alessio Secco should be worrying about.

True, they have already secured the arrival of Swedish duo Olof Mellberg and 18-year-old trequartista Albin Ekdal on free transfers, but they still need to shore up a few holes elsewhere in their squad. The defence, for a start, needs some new additions despite Mellberg. The likes of Nicola Legrottaglie and Jorge Andrade cannot be relied on in the long term, especially given the latter’s injury problems.

But it is in midfield that my real concerns lie, especially with Antonio Nocerino leaving in the Amauri deal. They are currently in negotiations to sign Xabi Alonso from Liverpool, but they seem to be a long way off meeting the Reds’ extortionate demands. What has happened to the ambition they showed when they were chasing the likes of Diego and Rafael Van Der Vaart?

After Nocerino’s departure they still need an Alonso or similar, but attacking or wide players should have been made the immediate concern in the mercato. They have been caught short this season by injuries to Mauro Camoranesi and Pavel Nedved, so add in the extra strain of a Champions League campaign and the fact that neither of those two players are getting any younger and Juve could find themselves severely stretched if they don’t continue their spending. Despite Amauri’s undoubted quality, Secco has hardly had the start to the transfer window he needed to erase last summer’s incompetence from the fans’ memoriesfootballitaliano.tv
:agree: yeah totally agree, specially for the last part........

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I don't.

Because the mercato is just started!!

Do you expect us to have a complete team by 31th of May?!

We have alot of time,i'm sure the managment knows better than many,
that we need a CM,LB and maybe CB.

Blanc just yesterday said that byhimself!

So what if got Amauri?!
it doesn't matter who comes in first,forward or defender.
as long as they both come.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
How can you agree with that? The transfer season has just began and we are already bagging him for stuff that he has not yet done, bearing in mind he just successfully bought one of the most highly rated fowards around.. This is utter foolishness FFS it's barely started! As some of you know I am one of the more harsher critics of Secco & Co but I can't stand it when board members are bagged for no reason, it just makes people like me who have valid reasons look as stupid at those comments at the end of that paragraph..

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You're wrong here , doctor :)

Look at every sale as a separate one.
We didn't include Lanzafame in the deal (yet) because his loan deal didn't expire. He's a Bari player atm and we can't (officially) include him in the transfer.

Since every sale was a separate one, it's like this :

1. Juve buy Amauri for 22.8m (Juve pay Palermo 22.8m)
2. Palermo buy Nocerino for 7.5 (Palermo pay Juve 7.5m eur)
3. Palermo buy half of Lanzafame for x eur (Palermo pay Juve x eur)

The salary part is correct. Noce was one of the guys who had a really low salary (under 1m eur) , while Amauri will get 4 times more.
Add the taxes and only in 1 year Juve will be paying cca 6m eur more for salaries.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
No, Lanzafame is of course included in the deal, but Palermo will pay us for him when his loan deal to Bari expires. So "for now" it's a Nocerino+cash deal, but we agreed also to sell half of Lanzafame and we will get money for him, which will decrease an amount of money transfered to Zamparini's account. We pay for Amauri 22.8m, nothing less, nothing more and we sell Nocerino and half of Lanzafame and get cash for them just like if we sold them to another club.
Are you sure?? I dont think that is the case, why would they force themselves to pay us the full price of Lanzafame??
Most of these deals happen this way:
-we give them, as a gift 50% of the player's contract, as an exchange of cash
-we also give them the services of the player for a year
-and in the end, IF they want to keep him, they pay us the other half.
They dont pay both of the halves of our player (Lanza) and giving their player (Amauri).
First time to own 50% and second time for the other 50% Why would they do that? They wouldnt make any profit out of this, why would they force this on the Amauri deal then??
However, lets presume that they were desperately enough to buy Lanza and this way they force us to sell him,
if this is the case here, then we dont have to add smth more to the 22.8 mil
BUT if it is not, we have to add 50% of Lanza's value and if Lanza goes well and we decide to buy him, we will have to pay them furthermore to buy his 50% back!
Which is most likely, cause lately, Lanza has been very impressive and soon DP wont be able to help that much and by then Palla would be out of here, a need for a young back up will appear...

You're wrong here , doctor :)
Look at every sale as a separate one.
We didn't include Lanzafame in the deal (yet) because his loan deal didn't expire. He's a Bari player atm and we can't (officially) include him in the transfer.
Since every sale was a separate one, it's like this :
1. Juve buy Amauri for 22.8m (Juve pay Palermo 22.8m)
2. Palermo buy Nocerino for 7.5 (Palermo pay Juve 7.5m eur)
3. Palermo buy half of Lanzafame for x eur (Palermo pay Juve x eur)
The salary part is correct. Noce was one of the guys who had a really low salary (under 1m eur) , while Amauri will get 4 times more.
Add the taxes and only in 1 year Juve will be paying cca 6m eur more for salaries.
Yes, we didnt as of yet, but we will, wont we??
If we wouldnt include him, this deal wouldnt have happened, it doesnt matter if we did or not, all that it matters is, that we lost the player, as a possible bargain tool to get someone else. ATM, we lost half of his contract. And his 50% should be added to Nocerino's price tag and the cash we paid!
They way you ppl are trying to break it down to pieces confuses some of the posters here,(me included) so i ll try to explain it my self:

Amauri = 15.3 (cash) + 7.5 (Nocerino) + 2-3 mil (Lanzafame's 50%) = 25€ million

Or 22.8 - Nocerino + 50% Lanza = 25

It is not 22.8 + Nocerino + Lanza > 25mil

Neither 22.8 - Nocerino - Lanza < 15mil

I am not sure if it is 22.8 - 7.5 (Noce) - 2-3mil (50% Lanza) = €12.5mil + Noce + 50% Lanza = Amauri = 20 mil

We can certainly say that Amaury cost 20-25 mil !
We can certainly say that Palermo wont give us any cash, because we will give more and that would only practically mean, returning the difference...
(kind of stupid too, cause we are going to pay more cash to taxes and managers)
We will wait and see what exactly happened with Lanza's half, when we will officially deliver our 50% of his contract, but i am almost certain that the outcome will be the same as the Mutu-Bojinov deal...
I think that we will give on Lanza's half,as a gift, instead of paying more cash to Palermo
and then when his value will rise up, we will buy back this half in a higher price to bring him back...

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
WELCOME AMAURI!

imo we have the strongest attack ever :)

now go for alonso/+diego

and 1-2 defenders --> Zapata, Seitaridis?

and everything is fine for next season

:flag3:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Cronios, don't complicate. :)
Why do you say 15.3 (cash) for Amauri ?

It's very simple, follow me :

1. We pay 22.8 for Amauri
2. They pay us 7.5 for Nocerino
3. They WILL PAY US x euro (lets say 3m eur) for half of Lanzafame.

That way you get :
22.8m - 7.5m - 3m = 12.3m euro (cash)

So, to sum up, we lose 12.3m eur+Nocerino+ half of Lanzafame.

It is 22.8 minus Noce minus half of Lanzafame

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Cronios, don't complicate. :)
Why do you say 15.3 (cash) for Amauri ?

It's very simple, follow me :

1. We pay 22.8 for Amauri
2. They pay us 7.5 for Nocerino
3. They WILL PAY US x euro (lets say 3m eur) for half of Lanzafame.

That way you get :
22.8m - 7.5m - 3m = 12.3m euro (cash)

So, to sum up, we lose 12.3m eur+Nocerino+ half of Lanzafame.

It is 22.8 minus Noce minus half of Lanzafame
And don't forget that the net cash flow will be paid on three years. That means you have to divide it by three to see what Juve will pay in Cash this summer to Palermo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 135)