Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (8 Viewers)

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Amauri has Euro dream Tuesday 26 August, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amauri's goal secured Juventus' passage into the Champions League and he wants to go all the way. “Everyone dreams of lifting the trophy.”

The Brazilian scored in the 1-1 draw in Bratislava that eliminated Artmedia 5-1 on aggregate in the preliminary round.

“Playing for Juventus means you are always enthusiastic. I found my goal in Europe and it is very important for morale even more than qualification,” said Amauri.

“Now we have to look forward and concentrate on Serie A. Juve proved they are in good shape both physically and psychologically.

“Now we are officially back in the Champions League and our mentality is to win. We'll wait for the draw and of course everyone dreams of lifting that trophy. Now we have the chance to battle for that dream.”

The Bianconeri go into Thursday's draw for the group phase and, depending on who goes through on Wednesday, will be in the second or third tier.

Amauri was on the bench for the first leg, but forged a new partnership with Vincenzo Iaquinta in Slovakia.

“We moved well in tandem and Iaquinta could've scored a goal too. This is a pairing that can really go places.

“The crucial thing is we proved the Coach can count on us too. As he wanted, it is a compact squad that always gives 100 per cent whether in the starting line-up or coming off the bench.”

Channel 4

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
He looked good...He does look like the 20+ goal stiker...with his pre-season goals and performance tonight I think he's looking more and more like the money we paid for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)