Amantino Mancini now.. (1 Viewer)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Roma's 24-year old rightmidfielder Amantino Mancini is set to leave Roma at the end of the season and was thought to be heading for Valencia. Mancini shot in to fame under Capello's guidance though and Capello would like to bring his pupil back under his wings at Juventus.

Mancini is good enough for the club. He wouldn't fit in too well, considering that Camoranesi is our right-midfielder and will be next season. Other options could be that Mancini could either perform as right-back or on the left.

Anyway, even more speculation is that Nonda could be used as means to get Mancini to Turin in a trade-deal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I like the idea of Mancini. He'd be excellent support on the right imo. (And more importantly, the depth factor.)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Damn Zambrotta and Nedved on one wing
Mancini and Camoranesi on the other

Thats too good to be true.
Honestly, Mancini would be the best option for a new right-back as he is proven in Serie A and miles better than Oddo or Bonera!

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
I don't think that Mancini is good enough as a fullback. He is more attacking-minded player. I prefer Zebina - Camoranesi pair on the right flank.

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    Mancini I beleive even started out as right-back, but was too attacking and was thus converted to right-midfielder/winger.
    He can be compared to Chiellini, as Chiellini was more than once played as left-midfielder for Fiorentina this season, due to him being too offensive and he is not all that great defensively. Mancini is a little more technical and more of a shooter though.
    I wonder if he'd be able to perform as right-back, It could work though considering Capello's preference for two dmf's(to remain tight defensively).

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

Mancini could be usefull in this formation:

----------------Buffon
    ------Thuram-Samuel-Cannavaro
    Mancini------------------------------Zambrotta
    -----------Camoranesi--Emerson
    --------------------Nedved
    ------------Del Piero---Zlatan

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
    We need a cover for Cammo really, luckily he hasn't been injuryed this season, but we don't have anybody on the right-mid-winger.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
    Mancini has been poor this season, but so have most of the Roma players, he was great last season so if we could get him I would be more than happy!

The only downside is, if our transfer budget is as limited as we all think, I think he is more of a 'luxury' (in that we don't really need someone in that position - right mid), we perhaps need players in other positions more urgently.

But hey, I won't be complaining if he joins.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Mancini can fill a number of positions on the wings and under Capello last year he was the best winger in Serie A IMO. I think he would turn out to be a great buy, perhaps taking over for Nedved on the left flank.

OP
    Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    Yes Andy, maybe Mancini could cut in from the left and shoot at goal, just like Nedved does. Mancini is packed with a good shot on his favoured right-foot.

He could be a buy for Capello's 3-4-1-2 though, like Ramin suggested. As he is indeed perfect for that formation as wingback.

dossis1986

May 9, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

Mancini could be usefull in this formation:

----------------Buffon
    ------Thuram-Samuel-Cannavaro
    Mancini------------------------------Zambrotta
    -----------Camoranesi--Emerson
    --------------------Nedved
    ------------Del Piero---Zlatan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)