Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (129 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
You don't always need to say it to really say it.

I guess we will just have to wait and see how this all turns out, until then happy rumour hunting.
Well, I don't think I need to write "IMO" every time I post here, either.

But yeah, we will know more about it sooner or later.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Disregarding any animal rights arguments:
-Meat production takes up a lot of resources is extremely inefficient in terms of calory production (basically you have to feed animals a lot of plant calories to gain one meat calory, how much depending on the animal of course, beef is pretty bad, chicken not as much), leading to a lot of farmland, especially in countries in dire need of food with starving populations being used to produce animal food for foreign demand.

-Meat production also produces a lot of Co2 and other greenhouse gases, factory farming (where the vast majority of meat in western countries comes from) is very unhygenic, which leads to a lot of antibiotics being used and antibiotic resistances being built up, and a lot of contaminated meat, e.g. with ecoli.
-Eating meat more than ~3 times a week (each portion ~100 gram, of course depending on rest of diet,type of meat, amount of exercise you do) is defenitely unhealthy. Not that there are not other products many people eat that are more unhealthy, but it's still not good for you.
Just a few very unorganized and hastily typed ideas.
Yeah, GMO can have a lot of benefits, the predjudical negative labeling is really to excessive.
What's really fucked up though, is that at least in the US, artificially modified DNA can be patented and owned.
Your said eating meat is bad. Because of the meat. yet here is only stuff about production and ecological impact ?
Lets set it a bit straight.

Eating meat is mandatory for the optimal human. Its the only source of a complete protein profile, and holds alot of precursors. Furthermore, its a clean protein source.
Eating meat is vastly superior for your body compared to not eating meat. There are dozens of hormonal and tissue related conditions that occur when not eating any meat. At the same time, the only known downside of eating meat is increased chance of diabetis. However, this has nothing to do with the meat itself, but to the oil or butter its baked in.

The issue with not eating meat, can be partially solved by following a strict diet and making sure you get all the neccecary nutrients and vitamins and biomolecules. However, this solves only the hormonal issues mostly.
For tissue production, the issue remains. Give the body the precursors it needs, and it will break down most of them, and become lazy in the synthesising proces. Not eating meat for example, will shrink your creatine deposits in the muscle by 50% even when supplementing creatine.
For this reason, someone who values strenght, will never stop eating meat, because he needs strong tissue, not peasant tissue.

I can tell you strenght althletes eat meat 2 times, per day. I do that aswel. About half a kilogram each day. Yet its barely a third of the protein intake, as we seek to get 300grams/day or more, where the meat just covers ~120 of it.

What you read, are simply false statements made by those that oppose meat, and try to find angles to prove it to easely manipulated people and mostly females.

Lets talk production then.

You measure the eco impact of food by the square miles of grainproducts it needs for feeding, and the CO2 usage to power it. I hope you also are against domestic pets ? Because feeding a dog, has a bigger enviroment then driving around in a Hummer. Just saying.
Chicken meat is extremely efficient in that regard. Cow, Horse and Pig is less efficient. Then again, its about where this energy comes from. In france for example, +80% of electricity comes from nuclear energy, wich is co2 neutral. Plenty of possibilities exist with the combination of nuclear and green energy.

The issue you list of starving country's is bullcrap tbh. That issue comes from biodiesel. Where companies inflated the price for farmers, so local population couldnt afford their food. But that has changed now and is getting back to normal.

Meet production is very hygienic. An education in food chemistry will clarify that for you. And its extremely closely monitored.
Its simply impossible to contain a disease trough meat in civilised country's. Its that tight.
On the other hand, grain products actually hold a bigger chance for that.

I have nothing against vegetarians or vegans. If you want that for yourself, fine, its your decision. But dont come propaganda it or i will show you why its inferior to meat in every way.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Your said eating meat is bad. Because of the meat. yet here is only stuff about production and ecological impact ?

Eating meat is mandatory for the optimal human. Its the only source of a complete protein profile, and holds alot of precursors. Furthermore, its a clean protein source.
Eating meat is vastly superior for your body compared to not eating meat. There are dozens of hormonal and tissue related conditions that occur when not eating any meat. At the same time, the only known downside of eating meat is increased chance of diabetis. However, this has nothing to do with the meat itself, but to the oil or butter its baked in.

The issue with not eating meat, can be partially solved by following a strict diet and making sure you get all the neccecary nutrients and vitamins and biomolecules. However, this solves only the hormonal issues mostly.
For tissue production, the issue remains. Give the body the precursors it needs, and it will break down most of them, and become lazy in the synthesising proces. Not eating meat for example, will shrink your creatine deposits in the muscle by 50% even when supplementing creatine.
For this reason, someone who values strenght, will never stop eating meat, because he needs strong tissue, not peasant tissue.

I can tell you strenght althletes eat meat 2 times, per day. I do that aswel. About half a kilogram each day. Yet its barely a third of the protein intake, as we seek to get 300grams/day or more, where the meat just covers ~120 of it.

What you read, are simply false statements made by those that oppose meat, and try to find angles to prove it to easely manipulated people and mostly females.

You measure the eco impact of food by the square miles of grainproducts it needs for feeding, and the CO2 usage to power it. I hope you also are against domestic pets ? Because feeding a dog, has a bigger enviroment then driving around in a Hummer. Just saying.
Chicken meat is extremely efficient in that regard. Cow, Horse and Pig is less efficient. Then again, its about where this energy comes from. In france for example, +80% of electricity comes from nuclear energy, wich is co2 neutral. Plenty of possibilities exist with the combination of nuclear and green energy.

The issue you list of starving country's is bullcrap tbh. That issue comes from biodiesel. Where companies inflated the price for farmers, so local population couldnt afford their food. But that has changed now and is getting back to normal.

Meet production is very hygienic. An education in food chemistry will clarify that for you. And its extremely closely monitored.
Its simply impossible to contain a disease trough meat in civilised country's. Its that tight.

I have nothing against vegetarians or vegans. If you want that for yourself, fine, its your decision. But dont come propaganda it or i will show you why its inferior to meat in every way.
there he is

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No. Too much junk food is the problem. When it's cheaper going to McD than making your own food (I'm still not too sure about that), you got a problem.

I think processed food is a big problem too.
Processed food is a major problem, it's all chemical ingrediants. All those freezer meals are nothing but pure garbage. I suppose technically someone could live off the McD Dollar Menu, eating a sandwich each meal, making your bill slightly over $3 per day, but that will kill you. If you have a family of four or more you can certainly find ways to minimize costs; for instance you can make a huge pot of chicken noodle soup for under $10 and it can feed you for at least two meals. But people are lazy and don't know how to cook, so they're going to die. More survival of the fittest.

- - - Updated - - -

Grass fed, no hormone meat does have health benefits. Overconsumption, just like with anything, is obviously bad.

I'm with X in that red meat once or twice a week, chicken or fish for the rest is a solid plan of action.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Processed food is a major problem, it's all chemical ingrediants. All those freezer meals are nothing but pure garbage. I suppose technically someone could live off the McD Dollar Menu, eating a sandwich each meal, making your bill slightly over $3 per day, but that will kill you. If you have a family of four or more you can certainly find ways to minimize costs; for instance you can make a huge pot of chicken noodle soup for under $10 and it can feed you for at least two meals. But people are lazy and don't know how to cook, so they're going to die. More survival of the fittest.

- - - Updated - - -

Grass fed, no hormone meat does have health benefits. Overconsumption, just like with anything, is obviously bad.

I'm with X in that red meat once or twice a week, chicken or fish for the rest is a solid plan of action.
I agree.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Disregarding any animal rights arguments:
-Meat production takes up a lot of resources is extremely inefficient in terms of calory production (basically you have to feed animals a lot of plant calories to gain one meat calory, how much depending on the animal of course, beef is pretty bad, chicken not as much), leading to a lot of farmland, especially in countries in dire need of food with starving populations being used to produce animal food for foreign demand.

-Meat production also produces a lot of Co2 and other greenhouse gases, factory farming (where the vast majority of meat in western countries comes from) is very unhygenic, which leads to a lot of antibiotics being used and antibiotic resistances being built up, and a lot of contaminated meat, e.g. with ecoli.

-Eating meat more than ~3 times a week (each portion ~100 gram, of course depending on rest of diet,type of meat, amount of exercise you do) is defenitely unhealthy. Not that there are not other products many people eat that are more unhealthy, but it's still not good for you.

Just a few very unorganized and hastily typed ideas.

Yeah, GMO can have a lot of benefits, the predjudical negative labeling is really to excessive.

What's really $#@!ed up though, is that at least in the US, artificially modified DNA can be patented and owned.

Oh yeah, and it's monday bishes :weee:

So has he signed yet? :D
Sorry for being ignorant, but why did he sign a new deal with Madrid just to be sold to us later on? Is it so they can squeeze more money out for him or get his buy-out clause higher? Or was that just a rumor that he signed another deal with Madrid...
What's it? You actually have no idea what's it. Just speculating, and throwing your speculations as facts, that's even worse.

- - - Updated - - -

@Hustini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 126)