Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (117 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
Gomez has insane wages at Viola.
well of course but imo that doesn´t matter in this context. mandzukic´s wages are almost certainly considerably higher (than morata´s) as well.
their price tag was relatively low because they kinda broke with their former team (mandzukic more than gomez).
age is a factor of course (mandzukic 28, morata 21), as well as current ability and talent.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
was linked to dortmund, tottenham, arsenal, inter, monaco and wolfsburg. according to reports wolfsburg offered close to 30m (with buy-back) and almost twice the salary.
furthermore some spanish teams, especially villareal, who wanted to loan him. loan to villareal was reals favourite solution.
Yeah. I couldn't believe how many clubs were coming out of the woodwork to claim him in recent weeks.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
we should totally create an offshore trading desk for player futures, kinda like live cattle futures :p
I have thought about that before. In college I used to trade on this market that was meant for predicting the weather, sort of like a weather futures market. We could create a market for futures based on player transfers or competition winners, which clubs could then buy as insurance for not making the Champions League, losing out on players to free transfers, et cetera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 117)