Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (168 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I think some of seem to forget that we need a vice llorrente and a vice tevez. Their not getting any younger can't rely on theme for to much more especially tevez

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it's necessary to green Morata, Iturbe and Evra right? Everybody knows already.
Not nescesary but would be OFFICIAL

Buy on AliExpress.com

he_is_legend

Jun 4, 2012
Some people just can't accept the fact that we, like all other clubs, make mistakes sometimes. Maybe even crucial ones too. This is gonna be one of those when it's obvious for all to see who's the one getting screwed in this deal, and that's us.

It's also his last year of the contract too.
THIS, i think that we are committing a huge mistake here. Are we still going for Iturbe? Since when we have that much money?

beowulf

Dec 9, 2012
I know you guys like to mention the installment thing but Andy has shown plenty of times how that doesn't make a difference. How many installments are we paying right now and what do they add up to? It doesn't matter, it's still a lot of money for a team that likes to complain how they can't keep up with the big dogs
Of course it matters. You are going to have more cash now. On the books it may not matter, but in terms of cash flow it definitely has an impact spreading the amounts out over years. I bet we have quite a few installments going on right now. That still doesn't negate the fact that installment is better than no installment.

I have no idea about what the terms of the deal will be (no one does which is obvious from all the different rumors). I just hope it is a loan first.

Mar 3, 2014
I don't disagree over this one and I assume that in your example as a starting company it is financing the initial purchase by issuing shares, otherwise yearly expenses would be higher and leverage financing is obligatory, which in the end would mean significant outflows of cash every year. :)
-Maybe or it could be internally generated cash flow from its wireline network used.
-Maybe its through the sale of shares.
-Maybe its through warrants.
-Maybe its through Beppe Marotta magically negotiating an interest free loan for Telecom Italia with an option to buy.

One of the above...

That's the thing. Prerequisite for any club to participate in European competitions is at most -45m Euros of loss spread over the last 3 seasons IIRC. From this perspective accounting profit is important, as fines, like we've seen recently that the likes of City or PSG received, are hefty ones. That would certainly cause significant cash outflow, which repercussions in our case could be catastrophic.

But all this is probably more appropriate for the Financial thread. :)
That is true. The only real use is FFP. I wonder though if teams like Man City and PSG lean towards long term contracts so they can amortize the cost of players over a longer period. Just off the top of my head if I'm trying to circumvent FFP, I spend 200 million euro on the transfer market and sign the players to 15 year contracts.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,630

- - - Updated - - -

"Juve: I'm coming"
    To arrive at Juve training next week.
    Lawyer writing up clauses in contract.
    "I'm happy"

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Getting Morata for 20 million when we could've got Immobile for 10-12 million really rankles me.What was Marotta smoking?I know that people here say that immobile wouldn't have fitted in our system.But what is the guarantee that Morata will?

Saving those 8 million on Morata would've guaranteed us Rabiot.It could've been used in other deals.Now we have to babysit Morata for Real.
    Morata is 1) technically superior to Immobile, 2) far more intelligent in his off the ball movement 3) not even remotely as one dimensional as Immobile

Mar 3, 2014
    I know some here are bullish on this transfer. I'm personally am not at all.
    But just for some alternate perspective, I've been scanning twitter to see what RM fans are saying. These are some examples. On the whole, they seem to really think they've gotten the better of us.

The following tweets are happy:

"22 Millones por Morata la venta del siglo" - "22 million for Morata is the sale of the century."
    "En otras noticias, Morata por 22 kilos a la Juve JAJAJAJA, Que buen timo le hemos hecho" - "In other news, Morata from 22 million euros to Juve . HAHAHA, what a scam."
    "Antes al Madrid se le mofaba, mal vendían jugadores y todos se aprovechaban de eso, ahora se la sacan y BANG Morata a la Juve por 22 KILOS!" - "People used to laugh at Real Madrid because they would sell their players poorly and teams would take advantage. Now BANG, Morata to Juve for 22 million Euro."
    "Si el Madrid saca 22 kilos por Morata yo me borro." - "If Madrid sell Morata for 22 million euro, delete my account." To which someone replied, if Morata is worth 22, Kroos is worth 220.
    "22 millones por Morata ha pagado la Juve. El fútbol se ha vuelto loco. No vale ni la mitad." - "Juve has paid 22 million for Morata. Football has gone mad. He isn't worth half of that."
    "Recordad: Si Argentina esta en la final y Morata cuesta 20 millones todo es posible" - "Remember Argentina is in the final, and Morata cost 20 million"
    "Pues si,locura lo de Morata por 22 Millones, porque costará lo mismo Mandzukic y es bastante mejor" - It's madness that Mandzukic and Morata cost the same, since Mandzukic is much better.

The following tweet is disappointed:

"Cómo así que Morata se fue del Real Madrid???? Mi corazón está llorando" :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: - How did Morata leave Real Madrid? My heart is breaking.

This is a tweet from a teenage girl who clearly has a crush on him.

Overall:
    There is nobody who is a disappointed from a footballing perspective...

Other tweets say (paraphrased) :
    -its the best sale of RM's history.
    -Its music to my ears to hear Morata has left for Juve. Thank God!
    -Did we really sell Morata for 20 million. That's illegal.

If these RM fans are accurate in their assessment, perhaps Conte's admiration for Morata clouded his judgment...

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Of course. Of course 22 million is a great deal for Real Madrid. That pretty much pays for Kroos who's rumored to go there for 25 million. Does anyone think Morata is worth anywhere near the same amount as Kroos? Or how about Mandzukic who's going to Ateltico for 18?

If Inter or Milan had pulled this off, we'd be laughing in their faces. This is a stupid deal and whoever's responsible for it should be ridiculed, be it Conte or Marotta or both.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Seriously retarded amounts of money they are going to spend on nobodys when every year they complain they can't compete and now they have the money and they spend it on probable flops

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Let's buy Real Madrid's Giovinco, guies. he'll score a lotta gols for us, guies. the new raul, guies.

oh wait, if he blows up, real madrid can just buy him back!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 167)