Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (92 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Some people just can't accept the fact that we, like all other clubs, make mistakes sometimes. Maybe even crucial ones too. This is gonna be one of those when it's obvious for all to see who's the one getting screwed in this deal, and that's us.

It's also his last year of the contract too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well ya, he definitely favours box play but he has some versatility. He's not like Llorente which is a pure target man.
Yes, thats the good thing about MOrata. Im trying to find the good things in this deal to not get depressed tbh. And what i have seen is that he is waay more skilled than Llorente with the ball at his feet. In that way he would be crucial in a 433...because, as we all know...Llorente is very very limited in overall build up, and unlike Morata, Llorente cannot carry the ball at 3/4 of the field.

Llorente is very good in holding the bal and receiving passes with his back to goal, letting him assists out of nowhere from long passes. His header game is the best in our team bar none and has an ok smell for goal. His weak point is the build up and overall play. Sadly he seems to lose posseson often by his own misjudging of the play.

Morata seems to be the opposite outside the box. He seems to be quick footed , can run witht he ball and face opponents and seem to be able to assist too. His scoring prowess is good n paper taking in consideration his ratio..... but well ..

Our real issue is the BB clause tobh

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Yes Hydde. There is a real difference in close ball control with Llorente and Morata. Llorente's feet move at half the speed of Morata who is more like a modern Spanish player. Very quick feet in tight spaces, lots of short choppy steps that you'd usually see from smaller players. Way more agility than Llorente.

I still like to see when Nando bullies defenders though. :howler:

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Really dont see why we are signing another striker, width is needed in the team badly that should be the priority before we sign more strikers which we already have 2 very good ones.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yes Hydde. There is a real difference in close ball control with Llorente and Morata. Llorente's feet move at half the speed of Morata who is more like a modern Spanish player. Very quick feet in tight spaces, lots of short choppy steps that you'd usually see from smaller players. Way more agility than Llorente.

I still like to see when Nando bullies defenders though. :howler:
Yeh the plan is to use both, to have options When one or the other is having a bad day,,,, and also aided by skilled wingers.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
We do need a striker, but we should buy a cheap reliable backup.
Ye i mean if we buy this guy most of our budget is gone out the window so i cant see many wingers coming in tbh. I dont see us spending 20 million on Morata and then 30 million on Iturbe in the same window.

Will be interesting to see how things develop, i would like to see us sign more than one left back as well so we can move Asamoah back to his natural CM position as well.

beowulf

Dec 9, 2012
Ye i mean if we buy this guy most of our budget is gone out the window so i cant see many wingers coming in tbh. I dont see us spending 20 million on Morata and then 30 million on Iturbe in the same window.

Will be interesting to see how things develop, i would like to see us sign more than one left back as well so we can move Asamoah back to his natural CM position as well.
You are overlooking the "installment" aspect to these which are guaranteed to be used. I would definitely like a true left back solution too because I think Asamoah would be a huge addition to the central midfield. Vidal gets way too tired during the season

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I know you guys like to mention the installment thing but Andy has shown plenty of times how that doesn't make a difference. How many installments are we paying right now and what do they add up to? It doesn't matter, it's still a lot of money for a team that likes to complain how they can't keep up with the big dogs

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We will get Berardi next year, so in any case we should not stock too many offensive players anyways, or we risk ending like we were1 year ago with 6 forwards in preseason

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,618
    I don't think it's necessary to green Morata, Iturbe and Evra right? Everybody knows already.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)