Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (133 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Quag had not so long ago 17 goal+assist from 1500 minutes, being our 3rd most effective player.

Yet people want him gone.

It's funny how just in some cases goal-ration counts.
Quags is over 30... And that was 3 seasons ago. C'mon man. You're borderline trolling at this point. You have a point, but don't go overboard.

Morata is worth 18-22m. That's the market for 21 yr old strikers who are first sub for a team like Real and have a goal per 70min ratio in the league, plus absolutely dominate at the U21 national level. The crap part is the buyback. Everyone agrees there. However, it's not the end of the world.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Quags is over 30... And that was 3 seasons ago. C'mon man. You're borderline trolling at this point. You have a point, but don't go overboard.

Morata is worth 18-22m. That's the market for 21 yr old strikers who are first sub for a team like Real and have a goal per 70min ratio in the league, plus absolutely dominate at the U21 national level. The crap part is the buyback. Everyone agrees there. However, it's not the end of the world.
Yes, it is the end of the world. The buy-back clause should be a deal breaker.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
The buyback clause is shitty but we can potentially double our money in 2 years, which financially sounds decent at least. :D

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Buy back amount could be variable for upto 2 years like the daniel carvajal deal according to GDM . It seems we want something like 35m after 1st or 40m after 2nd year while madrid want to lower it.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Don't see too much excitement on here. From what I have seen of Morata he is more of an old school centre forward in that he comes alive in the box and has good composure and an eye for goal but doesn't contribute much to the game otherwise. Problem is the game has evolved since then and it's hard to carry a player in big games, who doesn't contribute anything when the ball is outside the box.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
Buy back amount could be variable for upto 2 years like the daniel carvajal deal according to GDM . It seems we want something like 35m after 1st or 40m after 2nd year while madrid want to lower it.
if we ended up with 18/35/40 i would be quite happy ^^. hopefully they don´t lower it too much. i wonder if there are really no bonuses...

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Don't see too much excitement on here. From what I have seen of Morata he is more of an old school centre forward in that he comes alive in the box and has good composure and an eye for goal but doesn't contribute much to the game otherwise. Problem is the game has evolved since then and it's hard to carry a player in big games, who doesn't contribute anything when the ball is outside the box.
I don't know what you've seen of him but he's fine outside of the box. He can even play wing.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
I don't know what you've seen of him but he's fine outside of the box. He can even play wing.
I saw a few under 21 games and some Real games (only ever seen him come off the bench). Maybe not enough to form a close enough judgment on him.
He just struck me as more of a player who would put away chances than someone who could beat his man.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I saw a few under 21 games and some Real games (only ever seen him come off the bench). Maybe not enough to form a close enough judgment on him.
He just struck me as more of a player who would put away chances than someone who could beat his man.
Well ya, he definitely favours box play but he has some versatility. He's not like Llorente which is a pure target man.

He is a pretty disciplined player. He prefers one or two touch in midfield and move the ball onto a teammate, very Spanish style. But he has a good touch and close control so he can actually accomplish it most of the time from what I've seen.

I think he has good finishing instincts which you can't always teach.

But make no mistake, if you lunge in or he sees space, I think he's capable to make a move and go by a defender. I'd classify him as more of an all-around CF, pretty capable in most areas but with a disciplined mentality to move the ball and position himself for goals.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,600
    we see different numbers by GDM, GdS, CdS, TS, MArca, AS, Le Journal de Montreal....let's just wait for the freakin' press release when we announce the signing.

:numnum:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 130)