Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (110 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I see a contradiction here. People say he's not good enough and we should do better and then they're raging the buyback price is too low :D I agree the deal is fucked up for us but people should make up their minds. If he's not good enough then he'll never go back to Madrid. They always spend big bucks on attacking players so he's very unlikely to go back especially if he stays as a bench player to Llorente. He might be good enough for us but they have different standards and a striker that scores 10-15 goals is considered a failure there while we don't mind having such players. Let's be consistent while giving an opinion on the deal.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You can't say that and make it sound like this deal makes sense. Because it just doesn't.

If we had a great starting XI and just need depth I might be fine with it. Although I'd hate the buyback clause.

This way it's just a... no.
It's obvious that they need another striker as well as someone on the wing (Which I am assuming is what Iturbe is all about).

You are paying for potential, as most do. Their starting XI isn't as much of a problem as some make it out to be. It's the lack of quality of the overall squad. Their starting XI is still pretty strong. That's not what did them in during the Champions League. To me, what did them in was the lack of quality reserves in crucial areas that caused the starters to play many more minutes than they should have.

Yes, Morata is going to cost 20 million. I get that. While Mandzukic went for 18 million, it's easy to forget what his wages are going to be, and let's not discount the fact that Atletico Madrid are a very strong team, as last year proved. It's a bit more enticing from a player perspective to join them than Juve right now.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Quag had not so long ago 17 goal+assist from 1500 minutes, being our 3rd most effective player.

Yet people want him gone.

It's funny how just in some cases goal-ration counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 110)