Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (157 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reallegends

Jan 12, 2013
Getting Morata for 20 million when we could've got Immobile for 10-12 million really rankles me.What was Marotta smoking?I know that people here say that immobile wouldn't have fitted in our system.But what is the guarantee that Morata will?

Saving those 8 million on Morata would've guaranteed us Rabiot.It could've been used in other deals.Now we have to babysit Morata for Real.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeh the buyback clause is the real issue. He seems to be younger and more skilled than Inmobile.. but not as prolific., so maybe because of that the deal is not THAT horrendous..... but the BB clause is where i see we can get the shaft in case he turns out good.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
Getting Morata for 20 million when we could've got Immobile for 10-12 million really rankles me.What was Marotta smoking?I know that people here say that immobile wouldn't have fitted in our system.But what is the guarantee that Morata will?
there are no guarantees, never were, never will be. our best bet is the judgement of the coach who led this team from 2 consecutive 7th place finishes to 3 scudetti in a row and i guess it´s quite obvious who he prefers.
if morata fails it´s on conte, not on marotta.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003

Saving those 8 million on Morata would've guaranteed us Rabiot.It could've been used in other deals.Now we have to babysit Morata for Real.
i don't think Immobile ever wanted to come here so forget about him. I'm glad we are starting to gamble on some young players, this transfer doesn't annoy me at all, who knows how good he could turn out to be. And dont forget how inflated the market is at the minute... 22mil euros really aint that bad for a young forward. Obviously the BB clause here is the main concern its like we want him to be great but not too great? What a mind fuck.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Desperate to get rid of Quags off the books for his "high wages as a benchwarmer" (and a pretty effective one at that), but then throws the same wage at the new benchwarmer :lol2:
This deals reeks in every way.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
there are no guarantees, never were, never will be. our best bet is the judgement of the coach who led this team from 2 consecutive 7th place finishes to 3 scudetti in a row and i guess it´s quite obvious who he prefers.
if morata fails it´s on conte, not on marotta.
This.

I dont wanna get mad at this deal...and our only hope is to put blind faith on Conte on this one. I mean, he knows very well our funds and how handtied we are in the market. For him to force this deal..soemthing he should have planned.

I hope....

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
We own one of the brightest Italian talents and instead of giving a chance to him we are spending 22m on Madrid's reserve player to use him as benchwarmer in our squad :touched: and if he will fail then real will not sign him back :touched: wasted :touched:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
If there is a way out of the buy-back than I can stomach this deal.

Or maybe even if the buy-back is like 35M upfront in one installment, it might discourage them from using it but at the same if they do, at least we get a huge cash injection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 156)