Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (78 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

he_is_legend

Jun 4, 2012
I been reading the comments form marca (a spanish site), and they are really happy about this deal, they said things like "Se la metimos doblada" and that this deal is a steal, poor juve and things like that.

What a waste of money this transfer is.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I been reading the comments form marca (a spanish site), and they are really happy about this deal, they said things like "Se la metimos doblada" and that this deal is a steal, poor juve and things like that.

What a waste of money this transfer is.
Real Madrid fans, hardly averse to taking a shit on their own players (see Benzema). They'd say we were 'getting fucked' if we bought him for €40m, but I reckon most here would be delighted.

As Morata is not an established player playing regularly it's hard to see his true potential, but we obviously rate him.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Real Madrid fans, hardly averse to taking a $#@! on their own players (see Benzema). They'd say we were 'getting $#@!ed' if we bought him for €40m, but I reckon most here would be delighted.

As Morata is not an established player playing regularly it's hard to see his true potential, but we obviously rate him.
They also have different standards. Let's not kid ourselves players like Di Maria and Benzema were booed at Bernabeu. At Juve they'd be biggest stars.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Zach, you approve of this transfer? :confused:
Well, we need to look at the positions:

-This team has no wingers, and 2.5 forwards.

-We currently use 0 wingers, and 2 forwards. This is an issue.

Wingers are expensive. Very expensive. We cannot compete with the market. But you need at least the option of having them. So i approve of making these deals with very promising players.

Morata is a young lad that made first team(well, its bench) of Madrid. And Madrid hates youngsters. The guy is talented and Marotta/Paratici/Conte consider him a big talent. At the same time we are in dire need of forwards, as we only got 2.5 for 2 places.
So, if we have to spend, a new forward would be priority over wingers.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Well, we need to look at the positions:

-This team has no wingers, and 2.5 forwards.

-We currently use 0 wingers, and 2 forwards. This is an issue.

Wingers are expensive. Very expensive. We cannot compete with the market. But you need at least the option of having them. So i approve of making these deals with very promising players.

Morata is a young lad that made first team(well, its bench) of Madrid. And Madrid hates youngsters. The guy is talented and Marotta/Paratici/Conte consider him a big talent. At the same time we are in dire need of forwards, as we only got 2.5 for 2 places.
So, if we have to spend, a new forward would be priority over wingers.
You're going with the logic that we'll use 3-5-2 without Itrube in the team?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
these transfers are so $#@!ed and they'll end up costing more than just Sanchez would have costed
Aside from the fact we fill 2 needs instead of 1...

- - - Updated - - -

Buying Morata is an awful operation, the same category it was if we had bought Osvaldo.
Seriously omg no! :facepalm2:
Seriously comparing buying Morata to buying Osvaldo? :sergio:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You're going with the logic that we'll use 3-5-2 without Itrube in the team?
Are we getting Iturbe ?

I'm going by the knowledge of the players we have, and that we seemb to add Morata. Lets see about Iturbe if we can actually sign him after that.
But i see nothing wrong with having a player extra. Like having Marchisio in the midfield. It gives options and Iturbe wont be the highest earner.
Same with playing Evra or Asamoah depending on formation really.

i've said before, we need to evolve this team to the future considering player age depending on the market

Pirlo is aging. Moving from 352 to 4231/4411 next summer is surprisingly easy like this. Evra for asamoah to go back4. taking out a defender and pirlo, for Iturbe and the remaining winger.

that winger can be Coman or Rabiot or pantsman, or someone we buy next summer. options !!

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
Aside from the fact we fill 2 needs instead of 1...

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously comparing buying Morata to buying Osvaldo? :sergio:
Not even his followers at Madrid want him, they go for Jese, which is the good one.
Paying 20 million for Morata is just nuts. As it would be paying the quantity it was demanded for Osvaldo.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Buying Morata is an awful operation, the same category it was if we had bought Osvaldo.
Seriously omg no! :facepalm2:
Well, at least there are some differences. Osvaldo is a born problematic, like Balotelli. The guy behaved here because Conte is a Nazi when talking about behaviour and everyone is unison in how you should behave in this team. But in any other team he would have caused issues.
Morata is younger and is a winger/striker. That gives us options too, and we can sell him for more money in case he doesnt wants to stay, unlike Osvaldo.
Last but not least, he is a realistic target, unlike Di maria and Sanchez. We CAN buy sanchez, but at the expense of all the other targets....and we need more than one player.

SO yeah, is not the same pal.

Im not jumping on one leg for this Morata deal, but i can see the potential in it... so ill not moan for now... i ned to see what Juventus has planned for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)