Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (74 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I just can't understand how can this club spend so much money on a kid to be a backup. Unless he can play with Tevez and Llorente.

We have huge holes at midfield, LB, CB, we need pacey forwards, and he spents 22M on a CF backup?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
And thats just a 'hope' more anything else even though i get what you're saying.It all depends on how we grow as a club tho in terms of European performances.

Assuming he becomes a top striker and we continue to improve in CL and maybe become contenders ,we might have a slight chance here.
Yeah, i mean if Morata breaks trough so hard that madrid want to spend 35mil to get him back, that european campain has to be good

- - - Updated - - -

So according to Mediaset

Juventus want to pay 18m, 16m + 2m in bonuses payable in 4 years, and a 36m buyback clause after 2 years.

Madrid wants 21-22m payable in 4 years, and 23-24m for the buyback clause.
For fucks sake peasants, HOW CAN YOU FORGET SPORTMEDIASET !!!

YES, the source that is reporting all the shit since september 2013. They have been right a grand total of 0 times

CMON

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
Ok, so what are the most probable numbers concerning Morata transfer? 16m? 18m? 20m?

Mediaset is crappy source, but numbers they informed about sound more like Marotta than 22m.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Is the hate even justified? Half of you never seen him play. While I am not saying that his performance last season justifies his price tag but with his potential and with dealing with Madrid what did you guys expect?
Because you've scouted him every time he steps foot on the pitch. You even watch him at practices :howler:

And Real Madrid isn't really known for selling bench players for a lot of money. Look how much Robben and Sneijder got sold for.

And Mandzukic goes from Bayern to Atletico for 18 million euro.
:rofl: that's great. props to atletico

:agree:

It makes me mad to see people defend this deal.
:agree: i couldn't agree more with @Dule90

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
For example, you build a wireless network, it costs you $10 million, and amortize it over 10 years. You'll recognize $1 million per year in D&A, but that outlay occurs in year one. If revenue is $2 million, cash costs are $1 million and maintenance expenditures (ie: investment) are only $0.2 million, assuming 25% tax rate.

Accounting Profit:
=$2-1-1= 0*(1-.25) = 0

Free Cash Flow
EBIT*(1-T) + D&A - Maintenance Expenditures = ($2-2)*(1-.25) + 1 - 0.2 = $0.8 million
I don't disagree over this one and I assume that in your example as a starting company it is financing the initial purchase by issuing shares, otherwise yearly expenses would be higher and leverage financing is obligatory, which in the end would mean significant outflows of cash every year. :)

In finance you never rely on accounting earnings because its not real life, its book keeping. In the above case, if you relied on accounting earnings you would come to the conclusion that you had no money to invest in new opportunities. Using Cash Flow, you realize you have $0.8 million.

The same applies for Juventus - I don't care what the accounting profit is, as long as the business is generating cash. There are all sorts of useless non-cash expenses used in accounting practices.
That's the thing. Prerequisite for any club to participate in European competitions is at most -45m Euros of loss spread over the last 3 seasons IIRC. From this perspective accounting profit is important, as fines, like we've seen recently that the likes of City or PSG received, are hefty ones. That would certainly cause significant cash outflow, which repercussions in our case could be catastrophic.

But all this is probably more appropriate for the Financial thread. :)

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Anyone else have a feeling that only Morata is coming (not Iturbe) and is going to start on the wing, rather than be Llorente's bench boy?

I can't see Marotta willing to pay 20M for a kid who has yet to prove himself and on his last year of his contract. He's never done anything like this before. This is so unlike him. Morata can't be coming as a bench player.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Anyone else have a feeling that only Morata is coming (not Iturbe) and is going to start on the wing, rather than be Llorente's bench boy?

I can't see Marotta willing to pay 20M for a kid who has yet to prove himself and on his last year of his contract. He's never done anything like this before. This is so unlike him. Morata can't be coming as a bench player.
If that happens it's pathetic just as much as spending 20mln for a bench player.

Morata on the wing is a huge lol.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
The meltdown :lol:

Probably. What's you intake on Morata? I remember discussing it with some, might have been you, that I would very much like to see him here few months ago. I follow both Spanish giants fairly regularly and it doesn't take much for one to notice into what kind of player Morata might develop under proper guidance.
Don't think so, as I've said a few pages further back, I haven't really seen Morata that much apart from the CL final (where he was mediocre), some U21 games last year (where he absolutely bossed), and perhaps one or two La Liga cameos.

Consequently, I don't really feel comfortable judging him with this very limited knowledge of his, and mostly rely on reports of others judging him, which basically range from "shit overpriced bench material only popular because he plays for Real", to "best young striker out there".

Therefore, it's dominantly a question of who of these commentators I trust most, and as Conte seems to be a great fan of Morata, I'm willing to give the player the benefit of the doubt for now, and am rather optimistic about his abilities. I also like to think that Ancelotti trusting him to play him in the CL final, the most important club fixture there is, at a point where they were trailing the game, has to mean something.

It is as result not the price tag that is worrying me in this deal, 20 million for a striker with his age and alleged potential is only fair in this day and age, but, as others have already mentioned more than enough, the buy back clause. I still think it's the reactions in these thread are a little bit hysterical in that regard though, and we should at least wait for the official details to be released, if there's an option for us to counter the clause, or for Morata to refuse going back.

And should he not totally explode in a complete monster, I'm sceptical about Madrids will to bring him back anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)