Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (90 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited about this deal, even though it feels like we are slightly getting ripped here. I'll wait for the final deal and all the details before passing the final judgment. I've seen the kid on more than a few occasions and he's got potential to become one of the best forwards in a few years imho and that's why this buy back clause is the biggest shortcoming for me. Hate to think of it as Juve developing Real's players. Would like to believe there would be more options in that deal and that the final decision, whether Real would be allowed to exercise their right, would have some kind of counter measure.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited about this deal, even though it feels like we are slightly getting ripped here. I'll wait for the final deal and all the details before passing the final judgment. I've seen the kid on more than a few occasions and he's got potential to become one of the best forwards in a few years imho and that's why this buy back clause is the biggest shortcoming for me. Hate to think of it as Juve developing Real's players. Would like to believe there would be more options in that deal and that the final decision, whether Real would be allowed to exercise their right, would have some kind of counter measure.
Well said.Completely agree.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I told my dad about this. He said who? He then went on a rant about how Agnelli should kill himself and that they should fucking spend some money if they want to lift cups. :lol:

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Why are midfielders/wingers like shaqiri ,lucas , De Bruyne , Draxler, Griezmann being compared with a forward like morata ? :confused: Lukaku is a fair comparison

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
Why are midfielders/wingers like shaqiri ,lucas , De Bruyne , Draxler, Griezmann being compared with a forward like morata ? :confused: Lukaku is a fair comparison
Don't be surprised if you see him next season playing on the wing in 4 3 3 formation.I think he will play exactly there.

reallegends

Jan 12, 2013
High transfer fees or not,we are really lacking in the CF department.Quag will most probably leave which leaves a forward line of Tevez,Llorente,Giovinco.Not exactly what will help our objectives for this season.Morata at least gives Tevez+Llorente some breathing space to rest before important CL matches.For minnows,a forward line of Tevez-Morata-Iturbe is enough to get on the scoresheet.
Also,as everybody says,Real won't buy him unless he scores 20-25 goals in a season.They can buy any forward in the world(most of them) and money definitely won't be a factor for them.They buy Falcao this season,they are set for next 2-3 years and we can be sure Morata won't score as much as Falcao and definitely won't return to Real to be a backup of Falcao and Jese or whoever their ST is in that particular season.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
If we're playing 4-3-3 it's normal that people would want a winger. Simply because Tevez can play as a lone striker, just like Llorente.

I'd easily sign Shaqiri or Griezmann ahead of Morata. It would actually make much more sense and we'd be a lot stronger. We'd actually improve our starting XI, unlike with this move.

Simply a :tdown: move imo.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
mostly :agree:
the players mentioned made me laugh. most of them were either bought for 30m++ or will most likely be bought for that amount or even more due to release clauses. someone even mentioned negredo. that almost killed me :rofl:.
i also love that the complaints about this transfer are kinda contradicting each other. one the one hand the player simply isn´t good and talented enough, on the other hand people are going nuts because of a ~35m release clause :lol:. furthermore i wonder why people seem to ignore the fact that the reigning cl holders are doing absolutely everything to get some kind of release clause in there... says nothing about the quality/potential of the player i guess.

i have to disagree about the fee though. it really is too high (if the reported numbers are correct) under normal circumstances. obviously i would have prefered to get him for like 15m but that´s just ot how it works.
- real don´t want to sell. they wanted to loan him to villareal (?).
- several other teams were interested offering 25m+ (confirmed by di marzio iirc) and twice the wages.
- we have (thankfully) been very stubborn about pogba and vidal in the past and continue to be, so we pretty much have zero leverage at all except the will of the player. this helped us against the other clubs but not against real, because apparently there has never really been a danger that morata doesn´t renew and we could get him for free...
- conte wants him at all costs.

i can´t stretch the last point enough. i don´t want to sound like one of these guys (mostly dortmund fans) who just assume that everything their club does is right and argue accordingly...
but in this case it´s just a matter of trust. conte specifically requested this guy. a big ass CF.
so it doesn´t make sence to throw names around like shaqiri etc., at least not in this thread.

i´m not a fan of the price, i´m not a fan of the buy-back-clause but i´m convinced that people are really overreacting.
for the next two years morata will be a back-up for llorente. i expect him to get a lot of playing time but he will still be a back-up and therefore it´s not a given fact at all that he will reach a value of ~35m, while still being very useful to us.
and even if he does and real decide to buy him back conte will have had his favourite young striker for two years, morata will have helped us a lot with his goal and we will register a profit of 10-15m...
and no, i won´t be happy if he completely explodes, reaches a value of 70+ and we have to sell him for ~35m but, even though i rate him quite highly, that´s not really the most likely scenario imo ;).
I wasn't saying those player would be purchased for the same dollar figure, I was saying I would rather pay the 10-15 million to pay for risk mitigation. While premiums are expected in the transfer market, we're probably paying a premium of 100%, given that fair value is ~10 million. Even paying 35 million for Draxler, you're at worst paying a 50% premium.

My point with Negredo wasn't that I want him, but that you can get players who will likely be around the same level as Morata for a lower fee, and without the risk. I would say there is a good chance Morata doesn't end up as strong of a player as Negredo (the inherent risk of buying a "prayer"). You can get a sure thing at likely a lower transfer fee, and depending on what his wage demands are Negredo may be a better deal.

And trust me, I would be angry if Negredo was our main buy. I'm even more angry that our main buy is a player who 'may' be a good as Negredo, and could take a few years to establish himself.

The one thing that all the people saying about this deal aren't considering, its the potential for complete failure, because Morata's track record makes him vulnerable here. He could very much end up like an Amauri or worse because:
-Because he has never been a focal point on an attack and marked closely
-Each game players like Bale and Ronaldo are man marked, leaving space for him
-Obtaining service from a midfield that is flat out disgusting.

We're buying a 20 million euro call option, and I don't like it.

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
I told my dad about this. He said who? He then went on a rant about how Agnelli should kill himself and that they should fucking spend some money if they want to lift cups. :lol:
Ever since I saw Full Frontal's Poida I picture all dem Australians just like him :eek:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
If we're playing 4-3-3 it's normal that people would want a winger. Simply because Tevez can play as a lone striker, just like Llorente.

I'd easily sign Shaqiri or Griezmann ahead of Morata. It would actually make much more sense and we'd be a lot stronger. We'd actually improve our starting XI, unlike with this move.

Simply a :tdown: move imo.
Tevez won't play CF in 433 under Conte keep that in mind. Shaqiri should be our target, Griezmann's clause is 35m if I'm not mistaken.

We definitely need a CF. Vucinic, Osvaldo and Quag are gone. Llorente is the only CF we have.

I'll wait with the judgement of the deal until the details are revealed but also I have to see him more. I think he's talented and could be good here but I'm not really a RM fan so I've seen him just a couple of times.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Tevez won't play CF in 433 under Conte keep that in mind. Shaqiri should be our target, Griezmann's clause is 35m if I'm not mistaken.

We definitely need a CF. Vucinic, Osvaldo and Quag are gone. Llorente is the only CF we have.

I'll wait with the judgement of the deal until the details are revealed but also I have to see him more. I think he's talented and could be good here but I'm not really a RM fan so I've seen him just a couple of times.
I have to say only two things:

1) yes, we need a CF. But that signing should be and is supposed to a BACK UP!
2) spending 20mln on a back up, for us currently, is nothing but idiotic

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Wolfsburg were willing to offer 30m for him, Germans well known for their shrewdness, that should tell you enough.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Can't disagree with that but I hope Conte knows what he's doing.
I'm sick of hearing Conte knows, believe Conte etc.

I couldn't care less if it's Conte who wants him, or Marotta, or even Del Piero himself pushing for the deal.

It's not a given success if a certain coach wants someone ffs. I just can't believe we're spending 20mln on a back up while we need starters here :lol: what a huge joke.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Wolfsburg were willing to offer 30m for him, Germans well known for their shrewdness, that should tell you enough.
Stop kidding yourself.

Just because you read some teams are interested it doesn't mean he's a gem. Remember how many teams wanted Robinho many years ago.

Germans also bought Elia. Twice. Even after his massive failure here. Maybe that should tell you enough.

- - - Updated - - -

The price is excessive, but I guess that was the only way we were going to get him for near nothing this year.
That's the point.

Skip him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)