Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (79 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Maybe you are right,but anyway I think that 22(whole transfer) is too much for a prospect.I agree that this days you can't buy a decent player for less than 35-40mil but this is a risky operation.And please do not compare Sanchez transfer to this one.They did not have anything in common.Apparently from the transfer cost of Alexis his wages (would be) are twice higher in Arsenal than that we offer .So Sanchez is very expensive for us.He is a fantastic player but with our buying/wages structure right now we can't afford him.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];4613762 said:
Contract until: 30.06.2015
18m
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Full cost with bonuses is 22 mil.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
If you're going to pay out 20 million, the player should at least have world class potential. Otherwise, why wouldn't we just buy a guy like Mandzukic or Negredo who is a sure thing. We're trying to win the UCL, we don't need projects. I'd be ok with spending the cash on a guy with Draxler, Reus, Isco, Lucas, Griezmann, De Bruyne, Lukaku, or Shaqiri.
I agree with the buy-back clause thing.
But apparently conte wants morata, you should put that into consideration.
Also, I repeat, the wage is an important factor:

Mandzukic = 5.68m euro
Lucas = 5.4m euro
Negredo = 4.5m euro
Shaqiri = 2.68m euro
Isco = 2.5m euro
Lukaku= 2.5m euro
Draxler, Reus, Griezman will cost at least 35 - 40m each.

Shaqiri and Lukaku will propobly demand at least 3-4m wage in the new deal, and both will cost about 25 - 30m.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
im trying really hard to make sense of this deal, as reported, from a juve perspective and i just cant. Why would we fork out 20 mil on a prospect in the hopes of turning him into a capable forward only to sell him for a 15 mil profit before wages
Yeah, its crazy to be honest.
For that sum of money, it should involve a transfer for a potentially great player, not one who will likely be only good. Also, giving Real Madrid a call-option is crazy. Not only due Juve spend 20MM on a player who may not even be ready for first team minutes, and is quite risky, but in the instance that he does pan out, Real can take choose to take him from right under our noses.

If you're going to pay out 20 million, the player should at least have world class potential. Otherwise, why wouldn't we just buy a guy like Mandzukic or Negredo who is a sure thing. We're trying to win the UCL, we don't need projects. I'd be ok with spending the cash on a guy with Draxler, Reus, Isco, Lucas, Griezmann, De Bruyne, Lukaku, or Shaqiri. But for a chance at a 'good' player, I don't see why we just don't buy a good player. You would likely pay more on wages, but save on the transfer fee, and you wouldn't be dealing with the amount of bust potential. And in the scenerio where you pay more for a true world-class potential talent, in the likely situation that the player's market value increases, you can elect to sell.

Then on top of it, we allow a buyback clause? It makes no sense.

EDIT: And as the poster above me suggests, the risk/return profile both the two parties aren't symmetrical. Juve takes much more financial risk.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Worst Juve Deal since 4 years...
I don't think it's the worst deal but it's without a doubt a horrible one.

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
I think we should be looking for another winger instead of Morata if we're gonna play 4-3-3..I don't think 4-3-3 makes sense in Juve's case..is tevez going to play as a winger? What if he gets injured? Gio is very capable but i'm not sure if he can perform on the CL stage

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Juventino[RUS];4613843 said:
1 year left on his contract with real
Contract will be renewed , he is not going against madrid and running down his contract till it expires like llorente did . :D

- - - Updated - - -

According to rumors, we are inserting a clause in controriscatto: Morata can decide whether to stay or go to Juventus to Real .

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
:sergio:

Do you even pay attention to the transfer market? Lucas cost somewhere in the neighbourhood of 40m, Isco cost 30m; Draxler, Reus, Griezman, are all valued at over 30m. Lukaku, no one knows what he is valued at because of the weird situation between him and Chelsea but an absolute minimum is 20m and I'd imagine 25-30 likely. Don't compare these players to Morata, not at all similar.

The only one similar was De Bruyne, who failed miserably at breaking into the Chelsea side, worse so than Morata in Madrid. However, he had a great loan spell at Werder. So he went for about the same price. Madrid really should have loaned out Morata a year ago also, not this year, as he played a somewhat important sub role for them, but the previous year, he easily could have matched De Bruyne's performance at a side like Werder where it is easy to be a young star. These two are each worth 20m.

Morata at 20m is the market, and is appropriate. The buy back is crap, if it's under 40m, but the player is easily worth 20m with his age, and his immense potential. This is what the market says. If Morata had been with a crap side, starting every game, and scoring 20 goals last year, which is likely, he would be worth 30+ mil. The only reason he's available for only 20m is because he's a 20 yr old striker at a team like Madrid, and even though he has immense potential, it's hard to break into the world'd most expensive side. He did however play a decent number of games this season and scored a decent number of goals, especially per minute.

The transfer fee is correct. The buy back is not great, but we'll see what it actually turns out to be and who Real has as strikers in a couple years. If they have two 50m+ rated strikers at that point even if Morata does well, they may not have room for him.

Besides. We buy him for 20m and have two good seasons out of him and they take him back for 32-35m, then we can purchase a 35-40m striker with that fee and a little extra, while also having saved immensely on the wages a more established striker would have cost is over the two years.
mostly :agree:
the players mentioned made me laugh. most of them were either bought for 30m++ or will most likely be bought for that amount or even more due to release clauses. someone even mentioned negredo. that almost killed me :rofl:.
i also love that the complaints about this transfer are kinda contradicting each other. one the one hand the player simply isn´t good and talented enough, on the other hand people are going nuts because of a ~35m release clause :lol:. furthermore i wonder why people seem to ignore the fact that the reigning cl holders are doing absolutely everything to get some kind of release clause in there... says nothing about the quality/potential of the player i guess.

i have to disagree about the fee though. it really is too high (if the reported numbers are correct) under normal circumstances. obviously i would have prefered to get him for like 15m but that´s just ot how it works.
- real don´t want to sell. they wanted to loan him to villareal (?).
- several other teams were interested offering 25m+ (confirmed by di marzio iirc) and twice the wages.
- we have (thankfully) been very stubborn about pogba and vidal in the past and continue to be, so we pretty much have zero leverage at all except the will of the player. this helped us against the other clubs but not against real, because apparently there has never really been a danger that morata doesn´t renew and we could get him for free...
- conte wants him at all costs.

i can´t stretch the last point enough. i don´t want to sound like one of these guys (mostly dortmund fans) who just assume that everything their club does is right and argue accordingly...
but in this case it´s just a matter of trust. conte specifically requested this guy. a big ass CF.
so it doesn´t make sence to throw names around like shaqiri etc., at least not in this thread.

i´m not a fan of the price, i´m not a fan of the buy-back-clause but i´m convinced that people are really overreacting.
for the next two years morata will be a back-up for llorente. i expect him to get a lot of playing time but he will still be a back-up and therefore it´s not a given fact at all that he will reach a value of ~35m, while still being very useful to us.
and even if he does and real decide to buy him back conte will have had his favourite young striker for two years, morata will have helped us a lot with his goal and we will register a profit of 10-15m...
and no, i won´t be happy if he completely explodes, reaches a value of 70+ and we have to sell him for ~35m but, even though i rate him quite highly, that´s not really the most likely scenario imo ;).

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Neither do I, I've barely seen him play, so I can't really make a solid or reasoned judgement on him. RUS probably hasn't seen him play at all as well, but he has his trusty transfrmarkt to tell him everything he needs to know.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Contract will be renewed , he is not going against madrid and running down his contract till it expires like llorente did . :D

- - - Updated - - -

According to rumors, we are inserting a clause in controriscatto: Morata can decide whether to stay or go to Juventus to Real .
Good :tup:

If he'll see that he can be a star here or a back up to someone else in Madrid,i hope he'll chose smart.
Untill then goodluck and score tons of goals :)

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
:sergio:

Do you even pay attention to the transfer market? Lucas cost somewhere in the neighbourhood of 40m, Isco cost 30m; Draxler, Reus, Griezman, are all valued at over 30m. Lukaku, no one knows what he is valued at because of the weird situation between him and Chelsea but an absolute minimum is 20m and I'd imagine 25-30 likely. Don't compare these players to Morata, not at all similar.

The only one similar was De Bruyne, who failed miserably at breaking into the Chelsea side, worse so than Morata in Madrid. However, he had a great loan spell at Werder. So he went for about the same price. Madrid really should have loaned out Morata a year ago also, not this year, as he played a somewhat important sub role for them, but the previous year, he easily could have matched De Bruyne's performance at a side like Werder where it is easy to be a young star. These two are each worth 20m.

Morata at 20m is the market, and is appropriate. The buy back is crap, if it's under 40m, but the player is easily worth 20m with his age, and his immense potential. This is what the market says. If Morata had been with a crap side, starting every game, and scoring 20 goals last year, which is likely, he would be worth 30+ mil. The only reason he's available for only 20m is because he's a 20 yr old striker at a team like Madrid, and even though he has immense potential, it's hard to break into the world'd most expensive side. He did however play a decent number of games this season and scored a decent number of goals, especially per minute.

The transfer fee is correct. The buy back is not great, but we'll see what it actually turns out to be and who Real has as strikers in a couple years. If they have two 50m+ rated strikers at that point even if Morata does well, they may not have room for him.

Besides. We buy him for 20m and have two good seasons out of him and they take him back for 32-35m, then we can purchase a 35-40m striker with that fee and a little extra, while also having saved immensely on the wages a more established striker would have cost is over the two years.
That was my point - they aren't similar. Morata is worlds more risky. I would rather pay the extra 10-15 (and maybe sell a player to fund that player) in order to ensure that the player isn't a complete bust. Morata's track record is VERY limited, and while he could be a home run, you're leaving a lot to chance compared to players who have made an impact at a club already. I would much rather overpay for a guy like Draxler, Griezmann, Lukaku, etc than to overpay for one like Morata.

You know by paying 30MM or even 35MM for the players I listed you're getting a young impact player, who has very little risk of being worth less than you paid for him, and you also have a call option on those players being world class. Maybe Morata has world class potential too, but there is also a very real risk that the player doesn't pan out and there is a permanent loss of capital, something that you always want to avoid. And then yes, after taking that risk, you're capping your return. It's stupid.

I also don't agree with the logic that Morata would have netted 20 goals. It certainly is possible, but the service he would get wouldn't be nearly as good. Also, he would likely be marked much more tightly considering he would become a focal point of the attack. This is precisely where the risk lies with spending 20 million on an unestablished player.

I also don't agree that 20 million is the market. Real Madrid can set the ask where ever they want, but it is up to a bidder to overpay. Juventus is effectively setting the market by being willing here. There is no bidding war. Arsenal I believe 6 months ago was offering ~10. Morata wants Juve, and RM is gouging us.

Also, on those players I listed with Isco/Lucas in particular, they should have experienced a drop in their MV. I certainly wouldn't pay 40 for those two, but I would spend 30 over Morata @20.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
I agree with the buy-back clause thing.
But apparently conte wants morata, you should put that into consideration.
Also, I repeat, the wage is an important factor:

Mandzukic = 5.68m euro
Lucas = 5.4m euro
Negredo = 4.5m euro
Shaqiri = 2.68m euro
Isco = 2.5m euro
Lukaku= 2.5m euro
Draxler, Reus, Griezman will cost at least 35 - 40m each.

Shaqiri and Lukaku will propobly demand at least 3-4m wage in the new deal, and both will cost about 25 - 30m.
Dead right. If there was any factor that deserved a higher weighting in a matrix of considerations about this Morata transfer, it is that Antonio Conte wants this player. The same applies to Iturbe and Evra.

Some people have unrealistic expectations about financial aspect of transfer dealings, whilst others, and there are plenty on here as well as FuriaCeca, realize what constraints we have to work under to sustain a coherent wage policy and maintaining player satisfaction with said wage policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)