Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (116 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Problem Beppe had, so many teams have offered big money for Morata, Wolfsburg offered 25 million so he wasn't coming cheap.

The best we could get was a loan with redemption set, so it doesn't eat into this years budget.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That wasn't the point but fine. Exaggeration to show how people change their minds. When we sign a proven player and he fails there's calling for youth. We're signing young guys with lots of potential now and people complain.

It's ok when other teams spend big money on unproven players and they grow to become WC players. When it comes to Juve I guess they should be sold for half prices because it's Juventus.
:tup:

Well said.

We can't afford the very top class of established players as it would absurd to blow our entire budget on a single player. We also don't want to become dependent on lucky/fluke signings like Pogba's or Llorente's, as it is random chance you strike gold when paying peanuts for players or using free transfers.

So aside from the occasional good luck signing, we're left with two choices.

15-25 m established players who are 25-29, who have reached their ceiling in all likelihood, and are good players but definitely not world class, not UCL winning material. Low risk, but also low reward.

Or, we can take chances on the 15-25m players, very talented, with huge potential. These players are between 19-23, have shown something (not totally unknown 17 year olds) have not reached their prime yet, and have the potential to become world class with proper coaching and development. Higher risk. Yes. But immensely higher potential reward.

So we have a choice. 25m for Cerci or Candreva types. Or 25 mil for Iturbe types. I choose the latter every time.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
:tup: to Morata.

The kid is obviously pushing for a move to us if Wolfsburg is offering 25M to Real Madrid and they can't close the deal.

I think he'll do well here, hopefully. :xfinger:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I doubt we'd get both Morata and Iturbe especially if we are splashing 18m upfront for this guy.Somehow i have that feeling.
I just noticed this. Agreed. I find it hard to believe that we're going to splash in the neighbourhood of 45 mil on these two in a single summer. Perhaps Morata is a loan deal, though it seems hard to believe Madrid would go for that.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
We can get both if we pay a small fee for Morata, at 18 million this Summer, yeah both weren't coming.

However once Quag goes, we'd only have three attackers, so two will definitely come in.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
:tup:

Well said.

We can't afford the very top class of established players as it would absurd to blow our entire budget on a single player. We also don't want to become dependent on lucky/fluke signings like Pogba's or Llorente's, as it is random chance you strike gold when paying peanuts for players or using free transfers.

So aside from the occasional good luck signing, we're left with two choices.

15-25 m established players who are 25-29, who have reached their ceiling in all likelihood, and are good players but definitely not world class, not UCL winning material. Low risk, but also low reward.

Or, we can take chances on the 15-25m players, very talented, with huge potential. These players are between 19-23, have shown something (not totally unknown 17 year olds) have not reached their prime yet, and have the potential to become world class with proper coaching and development. Higher risk. Yes. But immensely higher potential reward.

So we have a choice. 25m for Cerci or Candreva types. Or 25 mil for Iturbe types. I choose the latter every time.
Agreed.

I just noticed this. Agreed. I find it hard to believe that we're going to splash in the neighbourhood of 45 mil on these two in a single summer. Perhaps Morata is a loan deal, though it seems hard to believe Madrid would go for that.
I think loan would suit them it's not like they need those money but rather a club that will offer him development. It could go through IMO. He'll extend his contract and come here for playing time. We'll have an option to buy him and they want an option to buy him back. IMO it's a matter of numbers here not formula.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
i hope gazetta is right about the loan+option thing. di marzio never mentioned it, or at least not in the last few weeks iirc.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
We thought Evra was going to be free too, but then MU extended his contract by another year (forgot the term of that contract). @DelPiero84

I'm pretty sure that's the case with Morata too.
Might be that kind of situation, where Real would have an option to automatically renew his contract for another year.

Anyway it seems that our mgt is looking to spend this summer figures above 20m for a single player, welcome change of strategy, as Morrata and Iturbe, two very promising and young players, might become our pillars in years to come and I would rather that we spend on these kind of players, than bringing oldies and freebies like Drogba, that would have no future here.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
We thought Evra was going to be free too, but then MU extended his contract by another year (forgot the term of that contract). @DelPiero84

I'm pretty sure that's the case with Morata too.
Unilateral contract option in the case of evra . Controriscatto in the case of morata .

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's obvious now what our philosophy has become. Chasing young players that can potentially play a decade in our shirt for an initial fee that is not small but their youth will help them maintain some re-sale value and I think most importantly, we don't have to re-negotiate their wages down from 1 billion to 2 million like we'd have to do with already established stars on these oil teams.

Guys like Morata and Iturbe start out at 1-2M in salary. They perform and get raises. Next is 3-4M. Maybe in 6 years they reach 5-6M. But through that time period Juventus is saving tens of millions on wages.

And of course, Morata-Iturbe-Coman is the type of "revolution" that perhaps Conte wanted. A new cycle of young hungry players with great talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)