Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (138 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
let´s just agree that both transfers are horrible. same goes for evra and sturaro...
worst mercato ever, right?

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
This, they wont bring any improvement in the CL. No extra quality for the starting XI.
i kinda can understand that point but some sure make it sound more like "omg, worst mercato ever" ^^
imo we just noticed that we can´t get someone who guarantees to improve the starting 11 right away, while reducing the wage bill and making the squad younger at the same time.
furthermore, it seems that there are no "bargains" ala tevez around (who would be worth their wages) so we are going to put our faith into talents and plug the rest of the gaps (hopefully only LB) with short-term-fixes.

and btw: with all the hate bonucci and the 352 are getting around here i would say that
buffon
licht-barzagli-chiellini-asamoah/evra
vidal-pirlo-pogba
iturbe-llorente-tevez
(or something similiar) might well be an upgrade over the current formation...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I think 25m on Iturbe is worse
How it can be worse investing on a player who improves your starting XI and who adds something that we don't even have at the moment?

let´s just agree that both transfers are horrible. same goes for evra and sturaro...
worst mercato ever, right?
What a weak trolling. See, you did this for no reason, like some 10yo child. You should be ready to face some criticism, even if it's wrong. If you don't have anything smart to add then skip those thoughts. You're just bringing up the 'oh Marotta is so bad' thing all over again.

i kinda can understand that point but some sure make it sound more like "omg, worst mercato ever" ^^
imo we just noticed that we can´t get someone who guarantees to improve the starting 11 right away, while reducing the wage bill and making the squad younger at the same time.
furthermore, it seems that there are no "bargains" ala tevez around (who would be worth their wages) so we are going to put our faith into talents and plug the rest of the gaps (hopefully only LB) with short-term-fixes.

and btw: with all the hate bonucci and the 352 are getting around here i would say that
buffon
licht-barzagli-chiellini-asamoah/evra
vidal-pirlo-pogba
iturbe-llorente-tevez
(or something similiar) might well be an upgrade over the current formation...
That's a pretty good line-up I'd say.

However IMO it just proves me right when you add on that how we're spening 15mln+ on Morata.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
What a weak trolling. See, you did this for no reason, like some 10yo child. You should be ready to face some criticism, even if it's wrong. If you don't have anything smart to add then skip those thoughts. You're just bringing up the 'oh Marotta is so bad' thing all over again.
wtf? it´s way too obvious to be considered trolling... i just can´t stand that there doesn´t seem to be a middle ground in here, it´s either great or absolutely disgusting.
i agree that i should have skipped that comment, though. it just annoys me.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
wtf? it´s way too obvious to be considered trolling... i just can´t stand that there doesn´t seem to be a middle ground in here, it´s either great or absolutely disgusting.
i agree that i should have skipped that comment, though. it just annoys me.
How can there be a middle ground at this point? You either approve a transfer or don't.

I gave my reasons why I think that transfer is not needed.

But I guess there is a middle ground actually. I'd say yes if it was a loan deal, which should be the middle ground.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
"middle-ground" in terms of
"best transfer ever" <-> "not a fan but might turn out to be a good signing" or "no idea, let´s see" <-> "horrible. marotta :sergio:"

well yeah you gave your reasons but neither was i talking about you nor about the morata-reactions specifically. it´s just all over the forum.
great mercato (sanchez) or horrible mercato (no sanchez).
don´t know why it bothered me so much today as it has alway been like that ^^.

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
If we sign Iturbe, who will play on the other wing? Giovinco? Tevez?

I think on the LW Giovinco is very effective, thats probably his best position.. but I can't see Conte benching Tevez/Llorente either

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
He should be a lot cheaper since he's on the last year of his contract.
i don´t get this as well. the way madrid are negotiating looks like they see themself in a position of strengh...
almost as if they knew that if push comes to shove morata would never turn down a new contract and leave for free next season.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
i don´t get this as well. the way madrid are negotiating looks like they see themself in a position of strengh...
almost as if they knew that if push comes to shove morata would never turn down a new contract and leave for free next season.
It has more to do with the fact that we don't want to ruin our good relationships with Real and therefore we are not pushing them to the limits. We could make a deal with Moratta, like we did with Llorente, but in the long run we would like to avoid of having an arguably most powerful club in the world as our enemy.

Jan 5, 2007
It has more to do with the fact that we don't want to ruin our good relationships with Real and therefore we are not pushing them to the limits. We could make a deal with Moratta, like we did with Llorente, but in the long run we would like to avoid of having an arguably most powerful club in the world as our enemy.
i agree with that... and i dont like to make a hype over any transfer negotiation cuz its not easy as it seems, from our position we only judge this based on news and rumors which is not right.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Morata's agents Bozzo & Lopez are currently in Real offices trying to reach an agreement for the transfer of Morata to Juve. - AS

Juanma Lopez (Morata's agent): "Morata is a little closer to Juventus." AS

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/07/07/primera/1404726897_384108.html

Edit : Real Madrid want €25m for Morata + a buy-back option, while Juve will offer €15m + bonuses with an option to repurchase him for Real. [SKY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 135)