Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I like the way Morata plays. When he fills out his body he could be quite a complete striker. He has very good instincts from what I've seen and also knows how to touch and move on the play. Typical Spanish characteristics.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
None of us can really say if Morata is great or average, since we've all seen way too little of him. If Conte goes as far as calling him a great player, then he probably watched the boy much more than we have, especially at u-21 level.

As with most young players, we'll buy potential at this point, with no security at all regarding his future development. Well, that's our only chance to get our hands on world class players, because we can't buy an established star. Sometimes we'll hit the jack pot, as it happened with kid Pogba and the young(ish) Vidal, sometimes we'll miss. It remains though that the reality is as it is - we can get world class players only if we get them young.

As far as Morata goes, we can just analyze the stats, and they talk about a player who's really dominant at his level. He was the topscorer at both the U-19 and u-21 European cups and has an average of more than one goal per match for the u21 (13 goals in 12 matches). Even more, at the u-21 Euro he was 2-3 years younger than most of the others. At 20, he outplayed guys like Immobile (23 at the time), Destro (22) etc. In Real, last summer they had enough fate in him to sell Higuain and use Morata as the only striker in the team in addition to Benzema. He also has some crazy 1 goal in ~70 minutes record in Madrid. It also says a lot that Real insist on a buy back clause.

Like I said, we're betting on potential here, because that's our chance to have world class in our team. Morata proved his superiority at the level he played so far, but he's yet to prove himself at senior level. The Juventus people clearly think that he has it. You say he's a random player, but that's not quite true. It's the boy who proved to be more potent than any other European kid his age.
Very well written Alen. Reasoned, cogent and based on facts, not an assessment resulting from limited viewing of the odd 20 minutes here and there as a second half substitute for Real Madrid. We all need to remember that Pogba's last season with Man Utd was also a few 2nd half introductions from the bench with not a lot ( from those brief appearances) to suggest from his limited time on the pitch, that he would be such a success with Juventus in the coming two seasons. The decision to sign him was clearly made on much better intelligence.

Given the 50% sale proceeds of Immobile, the ongoing sponsorship revenue and TV rights as well as income from CL qualification and finishing champions there should be ample funds to fund the purchase of Morata at a price which supporters should find both fair and reasonable to both parties.

As you say Alen, it has been hit and miss in bringing in new players over the last decade. Nonetheless, I would argue that the momentum has begun to swing in favour of good buys over bad or indifferent buys during Conte's reign, and, if he is as strong in his belief as Arsene Wenger is of this players talent, then I would trust his instincts every time.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Ag Morata Juanma Lopez " The only persons authorized to deal Morata's me and my partner Italian Beppe Bozzo, I do not understand why you write that there are other intermediaries rather have no qualification to deal on behalf of Morata.Many teams across Europe have asked Real Madrid, I can tell you that for the boy Italy is a destination that he really likes .Morata plays in Real Madrid, there are so many suitors not only Italian teams "

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Ag Morata Juanma Lopez " The only persons authorized to deal Morata's me and my partner Italian Beppe Bozzo, I do not understand why you write that there are other intermediaries rather have no qualification to deal on behalf of Morata.Many teams across Europe have asked Real Madrid, I can tell you that for the boy Italy is a destination that he really likes .Morata plays in Real Madrid, there are so many suitors not only Italian teams "
I thought EPL is preferred destination for players today, why would he choose to got to poor Italy? And rejecting Arsenal for Juventus, wtf? It's not what I've heard around here. And how come he didn't choose some mighty LOLiga club?? After all the likes of Atletico and Valencia could beat us on the market for his signature, as we won't spend more than 12m on a single player, I've been told.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I do think that his arrival is conditioned to Llorente's departure. This thing is not going to be resolved now. It will take time.

The kid's priority is playing time. That's why he's leaving Madrid. Why the hell would he chose to be Llorente's backup instead of Benzema's, in his home country and team???

I'd gladly pay 12M + Llorente to Barca for Sanchez. This would be a very good deal. Also, get Nani on a cheap - like for 6/7M, and Morata in a cheap loan + option to buy and buy back clause for Madrid.

Get that guy Siqueira from Benfica for 9M - he looked good against us.

Buffon - Litch, Barza, Chiellini, Siqueira - Asamoah, Vidal, Pogba - Sanchez, Nani, Tevez

Bench: Storari, Caceres, Bonucci, Ogbonna, Pirlo, Marchisio, Pereyra, Berardi, Giovinco, Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)