Although i hate him but i think he is better than DP (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Youre' right about Totti and DP but Cassano is more or less a typical forward like DP who likes to start moving from the midfield rather than waiting for the ball.

So would you play all three of them at the same time? I wouldn't as just like in the case of Miccoli-DP, two small forwards would not be able to do much up front.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
To all of u :
where was totti in 2002 and 2001 and before and before..? del piero gets injure twice a year or more, so can't u wait a bit?? u r comparin totti with del piero , hehe this is funny , del piero is a classic player with such skills cannot b compared to totti , yea totti is doin good job this year , but wait and u'll c what #10 can do .....

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
Yeah uh buddy. I wasn't talking to you...if you read my post it would not be hard to realize it was directed to Franco. I guess I screwed up with Kaizer. Though re-reading the post I really can't understand who in the hell you can think it was directed at you.
i didnt actually understand ur post (hence the :confused: smilies), just the part KaiZer....so obviously i thot it was directed @me m8.... i've suggested u guys use franco (if he/u doesnt mind of course) or clearly write Kaiser.... TQ

back to topic.....cassano is currently playing better than DP....and totti is playing the best football of his life IMO (hope he'll continue that in portugal :D). so if DP wishes to play a part in portugal, he'll have to notch-up his game...play better (god knows he's not rite now :down:). as for now, cassano is obviously a better choice.....

Aug 1, 2003
Well I think its most definite that Cassano's time with the Azzurri is coming, I'm sure Trap will give him more and more games and he's probably bound to shine (even if he does I refuse to believe it probably anyway)

But to judge between Cassano and DP ... Cassano surely can't match DP's old form before the injury, but I would just like to make it clear it'd be unfair IF someone cuts out Del Piero out of the picture totally. Its not like he's been playing terribly, but with his numerous injuries he still contributes something to Juve and that should count for something, even indirectly for the Azzurri.

Plus, when you're injured and you lost 'that' form you had, you have problems physically and psychologically- no one knows how DP's body works, maybe its really hard for him to heal, and surely his injury has taken a psychological effect. Given his recent goals and contributions, I find Del Piero a strong man physically and mentally, he's faced with a tough challenge and dealt with it, which is why between Cassano and DP my vote goes to Del Piero.

But I don't count out Cassano totally either, he's good definitely.

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
Cassano is an overrated pig who should grow up.

Ok he's a good player, but better than DP? When he becomes the legend alex is then i'll believe it.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
To all of u :
where was totti in 2002 and 2001 and before and before..?
Where was Totti in 2000? Leading Italy to the European Championships
Where was Totti in 2001? Leading Roma to the Scudetto
Where was Totti in 2002? Leading Roma to 2nd play in Serie A, just one point behind Juve.

The real question is, where were you in those years? ;)

u r comparin totti with del piero , hehe this is funny , del piero is a classic player with such skills cannot b compared to totti , yea totti is doin good job this year , but wait and u'll c what #10 can do .....
Umm Totti has not been playing well just this year; he's been great for the past 3/4 years.

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

So I ask you the same as I asked incubo...

Who are these people that need weeding out... Who are these lesser posters...

Who are those who are not good enough to debate on your field...

Come on show some stones , give us the answers.

You all keep saying but never say who they are.

Nows your chance ... Take your shot... Or maybe its you that aint got what it takes...
I am not sure whether one needs any sort of attributes to "make names" over the internet.

In fact let's just keep this climate of "omertà" : it's kind of intriguing since everybody becomes a potential suspect.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

I am not sure whether one needs any sort of attributes to "make names" over the internet.

In fact let's just keep this climate of "omertà" : it's kind of intriguing since everybody becomes a potential suspect.
Let me get this straight just because you bandied about names like Melli who went from Parma to Milan, Desideri who failed at Inter but was good in Roma and Fontolan who was useful at Genoa but not so bad at Inter initially but lost his way due to injuries that somehow gives you the right to proclaim your football knowledge is greater that anyone on here and because ppl disagree with you and do not go about bandying names then they are less than you
Is that about right?
Who or what are you to insult anyone based on their nationality? So what if they are from Lebanon, at least he or she is making an effort to find about their team and correspond with other fans around the world
English is not their first language so they should be commended for making an effort not made fun off in a condescending way

Nice to see Zizou agreeing with you but taking exception to Incubo just because you have said things which are close to his heart ie all and sundry, Totti in this case are better than Dp

Well each to his or her own and no matter what anyone says its still their opinion no matter how eloquently they put it

For me I would always prefer Dp as a player to Totti , thats not to say I think he is better or anything like that, I just think he has more innate ability but unlike Totti does not show it on a grander scale
Totti has definitely performed better for the Nt but for their respective clubs if inspiring your team to coming second is a measure of sucess as I have read on here then surely Dp has done better over the years

Yes Totti does inspire Roma but winning the scudetto had a lot to do with Bati's goals in the beginning, Montella coming to form at the end, the great wing back plays of Candela and Cafu and of cos Totti

You also have to look at the players they both play with whilst Roma have a lot of technical players which Totti can easily be on the same wavelength with, Juve is more of grit and sometimes for a skilful player , you never know what your teammate is gonna do next

Obviously Totti has the better vision and long passing ability but for dribbling and getting yourself out of a tight spot with natural ability then Dp is superior imo

As for Cassano lets not even go there

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Nice to see Zizou agreeing with you but taking exception to Incubo just because you have said things which are close to his heart ie all and sundry, Totti in this case are better than Dp
Actually he agreed with me in the first place.

And I don't even know if incubo replied to this thread. And anyway so what if I think Totti is better than DP? I'm not basing it on taste, but on the way they are playing. Right now I prefer Totti to Zidane and Baggio who are my favourite current players, even though he choked badly against Milan.

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Let me get this straight just because you bandied about names like Melli who went from Parma to Milan, Desideri who failed at Inter but was good in Roma and Fontolan who was useful at Genoa but not so bad at Inter initially but lost his way due to injuries that somehow gives you the right to proclaim your football knowledge is greater that anyone on here and because ppl disagree with you and do not go about bandying names then they are less than you
Is that about right?
Who or what are you to insult anyone based on their nationality? So what if they are from Lebanon, at least he or she is making an effort to find about their team and correspond with other fans around the world
English is not their first language so they should be commended for making an effort not made fun off in a condescending way

Well each to his or her own and no matter what anyone says its still their opinion no matter how eloquently they put it
I suggest you carefully re-read the posts of the Lebanon Kid (since when is that an insult anyway? Had he been from Sanbenedetto del Tronto I might have called him sanbenedettino kid - hardly offensive) and compare it with mine, then come and tell me again Im the one throwing insults at the other. While you're at it, please enlighten me on the football-related points he was trying to make, because I am afraid I missed them all.

English is my third language after italian and french, but it's ok, I won't ask you to compliment me for the effort of writing in it.

Im not bandying names - merely being reminiscent of a more genuine time, when football teams did not look like multinational companies yet and when the "Champions League" was a tournament opposing the actual champions of each national league, not the team that came second or third. This being said, Desideri and Fontolan were two Inter cripples, so it is my duty, as a Milan fan, to deride them.

I do believe that my knowledge of the Beautiful Game is quite extensive, but never seriously meant to say it was superior to everyone in this forum. I suppose someone should invent a smiley with an ironic expression on its face just to avoid confusion.

As for Cassano : watch him substitute Del Piero against Sweden next June and never sit on the bench again until the end of the tournament.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

I suggest you carefully re-read the posts of the Lebanon Kid (since when is that an insult anyway? Had he been from Sanbenedetto del Tronto I might have called him sanbenedettino kid - hardly offensive) and compare it with mine, then come and tell me again Im the one throwing insults at the other. While you're at it, please enlighten me on the football-related points he was trying to make, because I am afraid I missed them all.
Lascia perdere...purtoppo e fatto...sei Milanista un con DUE PALLE allora per loro sei un bastardo e un cretino. Ho detto gia una volta...cerci a evitare certa gente e cerca la gente con cui si puo parlare si un certo livello. Forza Milan.
P.S. You will find if you stick around that Denco is one of the bright spots on this forum who can tell the difference between Filippo and Giovanni Galli ;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Just cos he's a Milan fan doesn't mean we don't respect him and call him names for nothing. There might be some who don't like Milan fans but that's normal fan spite. Most however do respect them.

Aug 1, 2003
glenn, but did totti ever had THE injury? :D
nay im just trying to console myself. yeahh totti's better than piero. at the moment.

but not for long!! :devil:
but i dont care if he is anyway, dp is as good as he is for Juve. I just hate it that totti is more in tact with the azzurri than dp is.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Totti and Del Piero are both wonderful players, and I think Italia is extremely lucky to have two such outstanding talent on the same team. Most country doesn't have a single player never mind two who comes anywhere close to Del Piero and Totti on the talent level.
So I think instead of bickering over the two, Italians should just support both players. Furthermore, I am highly doubtful over the argument that two cannot play together. Yes, the trio of Vieri, Del Piero and Totti would lack mobility big time, but they are all great technical players and seasoned veterans and they know how to play the game.
Anyway, I know I can't make unbiased evaluation of both players since 1) I have followed Del Piero since his first goal against Genoa, 2) I am an eternal Roma hater so I won't.:D.
Nonetheless, there is no doubt that Del Piero has probably underachieved considering expectations placed on him and his natural talent. But this is nothing against Del Piero since 1) he had career threatning injury and had to make huge adjustment as he lost extra yard of pace and 2) the burden placed on him was unreal. After all, he was expected to fill in the shoes of Robby Baggio!:eek:. Of course, there was some comparison of Zizou with Platini but he never had to endure the such extensive comparison as Del Piero. I doubt Totti would have ever succeed as much as Del Piero if he was in the same situation especially immature nature of Totti in his teens (He was even dummer back then.:D). Give Alex a credit even if I can understand Kaizer and other Italian's anger at Del Piero's anger in Euro 2000.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)