Although i hate him but i think he is better than DP (1 Viewer)

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

This is even more evident with the National team : when Totti is absent, the lights go off. Take Del Piero out and you can always replace him with Cassano or Miccoli.
I did not see Totti playing against Wales .... 4-0

OP
Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    this is the same guy who made the roma is unbeatable thread :eek: :conspiracytheorymodeon: ;)
    Believe me that i am a 100% juve fan but i say what i feel this season that roma is unbeatable because of totti good form.:(

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    Totti and DP are two completely different players. Its like comparing Figo with Raul. Their style of play is very different. Both of them are crowd pleasers and are currently the most coveted Italian attackers along with Vieri. You cannot doubt either of their talents. They are both extremely dangerous attackers. As for the morale, Totti has a much worse record than DP. Totti has been sent off on numerous occasions for both Roma and Italy, when he was needed the most. Two examples are WC2002 and last year against Arsenal in the Champs League. DP however, might have been sent off, but from my knowldege he hasnt...

Now considering the current form, Totti is hands down on a better level than Del Piero. His play is much smoother and he is confidently scoring fantastic goals. However, the current DP is still a little rusty and is slowly but surely recovering from injury. However, with both players at their prime, I can see them both being excellent players. And personally, in a technical matter they are both extraordinary players, and people who say DP is better are stating their personal opinion. Talent wise, they are equal. But soccer has two parts: the gameplay and the player attitude. And in that DP his on a higher level than Totti since he is much more mature and experienced.

Dec 27, 2003
    Ahhh, look at all the gobbi taking the piss because I confronted them with the blunted reality of their idol's limits.

You gotta love the poorness of their arguments, also. "Where was Totti in the qualifier against Wales, uh?". Errr, I dunno. Where was Del Piero in the Euro 2000 final against the frogs? Let me tell you where he was : quietly pushing the assists Totti had delivered to him on a silver plate in Barthez' hands, concerned that the latter would not hurt his back while collecting the ball.

Azzurri7 boyo,

You sound like the typical plastic fan who would think Nereo Rocco was a famous italian american boxer (trust me : he was not), so I will not indulge, lol.

Stuarto boyo,

It's time for you to pull your tongue out of Godot's ass, son. Pierino does think he is God every time he opens his mouth, it's just that you are unable to detect it since you do not speak italian and only read the english transcripts of his interviews.

Anyway, Totti is the best italian player at the moment, this is an irrefutable fact. If he wins something important with the national team, he will be remembered as one of the all-time greatest italians, along with Rivera and Roby Baggio. Even now, I don't see anyone in the world better than him bar Zidane. As for Del Piero, well, he will probably be remembered as the kid from whom too much was expected too quickly and who after a long amnesia managed to re-launch his career and become an excellent albeit not decisive player.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    Since when ur supporting juventus m_elayyan?

totti is nothing compared to del piero.....
    just watch juventus matches in the 90s, 1995-1996-1997, and then ull see that totti is nothing compared to dp...

maybe now, totti is doing better than dp, but totti has no history, dp is a legend in juventus and in italy...

OP
    Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    ++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
    Since when ur supporting juventus m_elayyan?

totti is nothing compared to del piero.....
    just watch juventus matches in the 90s, 1995-1996-1997, and then ull see that totti is nothing compared to dp...

maybe now, totti is doing better than dp, but totti has no history, dp is a legend in juventus and in italy...
    I am supporting juve since 93 , and i agree with u that dp was good in 95/96/97 peroid but know it is 2 month since he returned and yet did not recover to his form , so what sort of a player that needs more than this period :confused:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    KAISER:
    U SEEMS TO BE SOO STUPID concederin dp as a kid.. hehe ur JURK , anyhow go throw urself from the window or go to turin let dp play with u as a ball n u will feel if he can play good, but i prefer u throw urself from the window , cuz u aint good for nuthin

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
    KAISER:
    U SEEMS TO BE SOO STUPID concederin dp as a kid.. hehe ur JURK , anyhow go throw urself from the window or go to turin let dp play with u as a ball n u will feel if he can play good, but i prefer u throw urself from the window , cuz u aint good for nuthin
    LOL, well said dude

:D

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    well there are many factors that are influencing DP phsychologically.

after his injury in 1999, u realize that dp stopped doing his tricks, maybe because hes afraid to get injured again....2nd thing, his father died too at that period, affecting him negatively.....so i believe that the recovery of his form is affected by his phsychological thing, like when he plays after an injury he says to himself while he's playing:" ill pass the ball to nedved, i dont want to get injured again!", so it might take him time to regain his form...

this is a bad thing in a player but we can do nothing about it..

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Kaiser Franco, do you know the origin of this word, "gobbi"? I am curious to know, as it heard it often in Torino, from the granata tifosi. I figured out it was slur against Juve fans, but I do not know exactly the meaning.

Dec 27, 2003
    Azzurri boyo,

It appears to me that you are at loggerheads with grammar and correct spelling, son. Hell I am surprised you managed to spell "azzurri" correctly lol (usually the Dilberts of your variety write it with one "r" only). And does mother know you are resorting to such derogatory language when surfing the Internet on her computer? Tut, tut.

You also should read my posts more carefully I reckon : I hardly called Del Piero a kid, I merely said he used to be the most promising youngster of his generation, but we know what happened next.

Anyway, your profile says you are a lebanese living in Romania. Umm, interesting. But then why not support Steaua Bucarest or something? They used to be a decent team back in the Ceaucescu days. Im sure it was an honour for them to lose 4-0 in the 1989 Euro Cup final at the hands of the legendary Milan. Oh but I forgot : you were just born back then, and your football knowledge doesn't extend much further than what happened last season, let alone the events that took place before the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Dec 27, 2003
    Padovano : I used to know it but I forgot. I'll try to and make some research on the matter.

Stuart : hit a nerve, did I? I am a Milan fan, how could I be biased in this discussion? Can you point out what part of my comments are false? Or are you giving up? Proper juventini are hardly quitters, you know..

Aug 1, 2003
    injuries play a big part in a player's life. they're human too. it takes toll psychologically & physically. given how dp has dealt with injuries many times and how people wish he had played better, I somehow feel he has done well. he's dealt with injuries over and over again but he's still up there- though not as great as he once was, but he still contributes. its a hard ordeal for him but he's a tough man, for that I give my absolute respect to del piero. (i'm referring to him in Juve here, I won't comment on the azzurri, i rarely see them play and i lack knowledge anyway)

totti I must admit is a great player. captain of roma, he could change matches single handedly. he has that effect on a team- one would miss his presence terribly. I am not a roma fan, I do not know thoroughly of his performances but from what I have seen he is one player that I fear once he plays against Juventus.

But quite simply, I just don't see him in Juve. Moggi-Sensi rivalry is one thing, and I doubt Totti would want to go to Juve anyway, and if he does Juve fans might rally and smack him in the face, so I don't think totti would come to Juve. Possible but unlikely.

Both players are icons of their own team, and I would think even if one player is better than the other, the loser would fare up pretty close. In the end there is no need of this debate, Totti has his pros and cons, Del Piero has his own pros and cons, neither would go to Roma or Juve, so ....

Oh god I just realized I don't have a point. Damn

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Thanks, again, Kaiser. You are a true gentleman, even if you are a Milanista. That is o.k. with me, as I spend my negative energy hating Roma.

I think that is Del Piero could play a full season injury-free, then we would all see the real Ale. He is capable of being the best in the world, as he has crazy skills on the ball, capable of beating anyone on the dribble.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    . DP however, might have been sent off, but from my knowldege he hasnt...

I remembered one incident when he was sent off....i dun remember when and against what team but i remember the fouls clearly.. the first yellow was a rare late tackle by him.. even the commentators says it was weird coz DP is by far never a reckless player...and the second yellow was a intentional hand ball in a totally non critical situation...:wth:

i tried asking him why he handled the ball through his official site... but he didnt answer me back ..:undecide: ...maybe he has some personal reasons he didint want to share with me ;)............:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)