Alpay (1 Viewer)

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #21
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

You're missing the point. It's not about you and me... it's the media and media-whores. Did you read about Gravesen? Did you hear anyone saying that he should be dropped from the national side??? No.

As I said, Alpay is an idiot, but this have gone too far. It happens all the time, but people only care when it happens to star players.
    dude, if it happend to any player on that day, alpay would still be getting stick.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #22
    and i started this thread to show my dislike of alpay, not to talk about the incident, but jus my general dislike in alpay.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002

You're missing the point. It's not about you and me... it's the media and media-whores. Did you read about Gravesen? Did you hear anyone saying that he should be dropped from the national side??? No.

As I said, Alpay is an idiot, but this have gone too far. It happens all the time, but people only care when it happens to star players.

I think it's not that people only care when it happens to star players, it has more to do with media: such cases are more famous when they happen to star players, who are more famous etc.

But it doesnt mean that people care less. Such accidents with Becks are only more famous, cause he is more famous than Gravesen.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

I think it's not that people only care when it happens to star players, it has more to do with media: such cases are more famous when they happen to star players, who are more famous etc.

But it doesnt mean that people care less. Such accidents with Becks are only more famous, cause he is more famous than Gravesen.
    uhmmm duh! That's what I said :D

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002

Yeah, that was probably an important factor as well. But believe me... had it happened to someone less "important", we wouldn't be talking about this right now.

But only cause it wouldnt be less famous, cause media wouldnt say so much about that, not that we dont care.
    Hard to talk about sth, if you didnt hear that.

You're right about media thing, but not that we dont care.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

dude, if it happend to any player on that day, alpay would still be getting stick.
    He might be gettin' some... but not close to this "nightmare"
    He's like being raped by the media.

Disclaimer: All though it may seem like it. I'm not defending Alpay's actions. I'm just pointing out my disgust with the media. I hate that bugger just as much as you do. ;) :D

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

I suppose so :D;)

But I was trying to point out, that it's more that we dont know, than that we dont care.

Damn, I repeat the same in 3rd post here :D
    yeah yeah... I got that part. So no need to say it again ;)

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #31
    nice one at least we all can say we hate alpay....

imo the reason he is getting this stick is

a: yes becks but imo he would still get it any other player

B: he plays in england, should have sum respect considering englishmen pay his wages

C: he is a proffesional, well at least hes meant to be, everyone knew the tensions before the match, anyone with half a brain would try and keep there cool, but no animal alpay jus does what he does best

D:he has past history in england for being a prick anyway

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #33
    as long as we all hate alpay, i is happy

in fact i think i might start a alpay=prick campaign, ne1 wanna join??

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    nice one at least we all can say we hate alpay....

imo the reason he is getting this stick is

a: yes becks but imo he would still get it any other player

B: he plays in england, should have sum respect considering englishmen pay his wages

C: he is a proffesional, well at least hes meant to be, everyone knew the tensions before the match, anyone with half a brain would try and keep there cool, but no animal alpay jus does what he does best

D:he has past history in england for being a prick anyway
    E: He was the ambassador who promised before the match, that the Turkish players wouldn't cause any trouble :groan:

Jul 12, 2002
    Y'all need to suck it up. Alpay is a good defenseman and a fierce competitor. He may not be the most tactful or the cleanest palyer, but he's not deserving of the status of public enemy #1.

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #39
    ian, be honest, have u seen alpay play for villa, its shocking.he takes up ridiculous positions, is lazy, and generaly of div 2 standard deffending, but for sum reason he is half decent for Turkey.....

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    He's been like this for every club he's ever played for.

Looks great, signed in a big fus, sucks, looks like he doesn't care, responds badly to criticism, gets sold.

Villa just haven't reached the last stage yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)