Alpay (1 Viewer)

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    this is one thread that i doubt would be insightfull thread but an I HATE thread....guessits cos i hate alpay.cant wait to se the reception he gets from villa fans....

btw moggi dont even think of buying this defender!!!:fero:

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
    Says alot when the national side dont want you, or the club you play for! What a shame!!!!!!!..haha he deserves everything thats coming to him...

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    btw moggi dont even think of buying this defender!!!:fero:
    Considering Aston Villa will probably let him go I don't think the possibilty of him joining us is enormous ;)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Bongiovi ] ++
    Says alot when the national side dont want you, or the club you play for! What a shame!!!!!!!..haha he deserves everything thats coming to him...
    I'm slow with news lately, I've read about that today.
    After that incident in match, they dont want him in NT.
    And I'm not surprised, that fans dont want him in Aston Villa anymore.

I've read, that he snapped Becks :eek::(

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    oh bugger...

I mean the guy is an idiot and a crappy player as well, but why make such a big deal about this???? This happens all the time in football and noone seems to care... but when it happens to Beckham -> well you know the story... :yawn:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    I've seen it done (or something similar) many many many times. To give you an example... Noone seemed to care when Gravesen almost strangled a maltese player during the WC qualifiers... and why didn't we care? Cuz it was some unknown footballer from Malta. The ref didn't even care... Had it been Beckham....

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    Seems as if the Turkish coach has backtracked and now says he hasn't dropped Alpay at all.

And now read this from the beeb:-

Turkey defender Alpay has claimed England captain David Beckham headbutted him and spat on his shirt during the ill-tempered Euro 2004 qualifier in Istanbul on Saturday.

The Aston Villa player has come under fire after he goaded Beckham when the Real Madrid midfielder missed a first-half penalty and then jabbed Beckham in the face at half-time, sparking a full-scale tunnel flare-up.

"Beckham headbutted me and he spat at me," said Alpay.

"If the spit had hit me on the head I wouldn't have been annoyed but it hit the crescent and the star on my Turkey shirt.

Let Beckham apologize to the Turkish people and the national uniform that he spat at, then I'll apologize to Beckham

"While I was going to the corridor at half-time, I told Beckham to be careful about his actions.

"Then he pushed me from behind. I didn't do anything and went to the locker room. When no one else came in, I went outside. Everyone was up against each other.

"For the national team to win, I will fight, I will be dirty.

Alpay will not be in the Aston Villa side to face Midlands rivals Birmingham at the weekend.

The 30-year-old was given permission by Villa to miss training on Tuesday, and he met Villa manager David O'Leary on Wednesday when he was granted more time away from the club.

I want to stay in England and show what a Turk is capable of doing. I'm not done in this country

Villa insist Alpay had not been put on indefinite leave and said he would be away for "a few days" which would run up to the Birmingham match.

But Alpay revealed his career in England is far from over.

"I want to stay here for a while and show what a Turk is capable of doing. I'm not done in this country," he added.

Before making the claims about Beckham's alleged actions in Istanbul, Alpay had earlier revealed that the Real Madrid midfielder had refused to rise to the bait.

"It was a psychological ploy," Alpay had told the Birmingham Evening Mail.

"We wanted to get him to react, but it did not work. England deserved to win the game."

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
    I've seen it done (or something similar) many many many times. To give you an example... Noone seemed to care when Gravesen almost strangled a maltese player during the WC qualifiers... and why didn't we care ? Cuz it was some unknown footballer from Malta. The ref didn't even care... Had it been Beckham....
    I dont know why YOU didnt care ;)

I always care, and every time I see unsporty behaviour, I'm :irritate: about that. If referee doesnt notice that, I'm more than :irritate:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

I always care, and every time I see unsporty behaviour, I'm :irritate: about that. If referee doesnt notice that, I'm more than :irritate:
    I am not sure if what he did was all that bad, at least it is a very effective way to psyche another player. You are never as vulnerable as when you miss a penalty.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

You're missing the point. It's not about you and me... it's the media and media-whores. Did you read about Gravesen? Did you hear anyone saying that he should be dropped from the national side??? No.

As I said, Alpay is an idiot, but this have gone too far. It happens all the time, but people only care when it happens to star players.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

You're missing the point. It's not about you and me... it's the media and media-whores. Did you read about Gravesen? Did you hear anyone saying that he should be dropped from the national side??? No.

As I said, Alpay is an idiot, but this have gone too far. It happens all the time, but people only care when it happens to star players.
    I think it more had to do with that this was an important match.

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    alpay = prick

yes baeck maybe headbutted him, but that was cos alp was almost attached to hhis face already, did he need to goad becks...no, and bollocks to becks spitting on the shirt let alone crest.....

alpay = prick

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

I think it more had to do with that this was an important match.
    Yeah, that was probably an important factor as well. But believe me... had it happened to someone less "important", we wouldn't be talking about this right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)