Alou Diarra (Lyon's) (1 Viewer)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juventus are on the trail of Lyon star Cris and 'another Lyon player'.

According to Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas, the Serie B champions have made an approach for Brazilian defender Cris and another of the club's players, believed to be midfielder Alou Diarra.

Diarra is a target for Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp, but L'Equipe claim the France international has had contact with Juve's sporting director Alessio Secco.

Having endured a difficult season, Diarra is apparently looking to leave the French champions despite the departure of manager Gerard Houllier, and he could well be tempted by a move to Turin.

However, Lyon are believed to be keen to hold onto Diarra, and Aulas says the club has no interest in selling Cris.

"Juve have contacted Cris and another Lyon player. They made a couple of bids," Aulas told football365.fr.

"I met Cris yesterday. He confirmed he wanted to stay. We are going to continue discussions with him to find an agreement.

"Three weeks ago, Juventus asked us about an exchange with one of their players. We refused.

"Cris isn't available for transfer. For me, the file is closed."

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
not happening - i think all the links with the french players are now not gona happen and return to chasing italian targets
French players just don't go to teams because there is a French coach. Juventus should look to France and Italy for their talent. France has some excellent players available. Alou Diarra tops my list. This would just be great! He is exactly what we need in the center of the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)