Aliens versus Predator Requiem (2 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Man have you seen the original AVP?
that was much worse than that!
They had to present the Predalien as the ultimate badass hybrid and to over rate the Predator's capabilities. This predator was one of the most capable we have seen so far, he wast a trainee, he was a professional commando (like Arnie) that pretty much was the anti-star of the film. The aliens had a secondary role in this film but they did their job, they owned the marines and the town pretty fast, despite us, not having the chance to see exactly how they did it.
IMO this film has offered smth to the series and created a legacy, similar to terminator 3 (the predator left the necessary tech piece for the humans to use via reversed enginering, so that may reach the stars some day. Replay's "Company" has the necessary knowledge and the means to realize that!
Humanity has the knowledge. We, the spectators now have the knowledge of what kind of ship was the one that Nostromo's crew have found in the first Alien. The circle has been completed! And among with that the promise of Alien 5, that the next time we are going to see Aliens, they are going to be in earth,
modern day earth was smth more than anyone could hoped for...

My preferences for entires series:

1] Aliens
2]Predator

3]Alien
4]Predator 2

5,6]AVP 2,Alien 3
7]Alien 4

8]AVP 1

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
They had to present the Predalien as the ultimate badass hybrid and to over rate the Predator's capabilities. This predator was one of the most capable we have seen so far, he wast a trainee, he was a professional commando (like Arnie) that pretty much was the anti-star of the film. The aliens had a secondary role in this film but they did their job, they owned the marines and the town pretty fast, despite us, not having the chance to see exactly how they did it.
IMO this film has offered smth to the series and created a legacy, similar to terminator 3 (the predator left the necessary tech piece for the humans to use via reversed enginering, so that may reach the stars some day. Replay's "Company" has the necessary knowledge and the means to realize that!
Humanity has the knowledge. We, the spectators now have the knowledge of what kind of ship was the one that Nostromo's crew have found in the first Alien. The circle has been completed! And among with that the promise of Alien 5, that the next time we are going to see Aliens, they are going to be in earth,

1] Aliens
2]Predator

3]Alien
4]Predator 2

5,6]AVP 2,Alien 3
7]Alien 4

8]AVP 1
the aliens saga is the better of the 2 series overall as a whole

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005

1] Aliens
2]Predator

3]Alien
4]Predator 2

5,6]AVP 2,Alien 3
7]Alien 4

8]AVP 1

i guess it was better than the first one due to the action, but the first one looked good, i thought this film looked very crappy to be honest, and too many stupid things happned

*spoiler*

the part where the predator is taking his mask and canon off for the showdown with the predalien, i mean the predalien just stands there an watches him? wtf, and everyone knows that the tongue/mouth thing can bite through metal.................so what happens, the predator catches it and rips it out? :faq1: the predator cuts an alien in half and then...........steps on it's head to kill it........acid anyone? they completely demeaned the aliens' acid. The aliens are supposed to be 8ft tall bad motherfuckers, in this film they were right pussy's, it would hav been ok if the predator was amzing, but instead of that we just saw a predator up against weak aliens, the aliens were too easy not to mention stupid.....the ultimate killing machine? in this film they were the ultimate waste, i could look past all these plot holes and flaws at least if they made the fight scenes very good, but they were too dark and poorly flimed, as a fan of both series' this film was a huge let down, Aliens is still number 1!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Aliens will always be the best of the series...

The predators use the aliens as the ultimate biological weapon. That means that they have a losen control over them and they know how to contain them. This experienced predator certainly had a previous encounter with them. He may have studied their anatomy, their strengths and weaknesses. The alien tongue may penetrate armor using strong muscles and sharp teeth, but i cant see no reason for an agile, buffed up, predator wouldnt be able to rip it off,
predator trainees have done the same in AVP 1, the very host of the predalien IIRC
Its a film and exaggerations are expected, but we have to have to note a few things. The aliens can adapt to every situation and use any host to create a superior killing machine, based on the host's very own characteristics, so that the prey would have no hope to survive. The average alien grunt is no match for any human, but the toughest predators can stand a chance against inferior material of aliens.
These aliens were created from weak enemies, like humans, dogs and other forest animals,
normally those animals couldnt threaten a predator in hand to hand combat, at any circumstances, but as alien-human hybrids, they present a moderate threat. On the other hand the predalien hybrid, is expertized on killing predators, now thats a real threat for every predator, even for the most powerful, agile, skilled and best equipped ones.
If the aliens were to invade the predator world, they would be much more powerful, using a mass army of predaliens,
that way, the aliens efficiency as a species remain untouched IMO.
They just stretched the strengths of the predators a bit more than the usual, as the film has a predator as the main character.
The self sacrifice of the predator was a heroic achievement, similar to a skilled Masai warrior killing a lion and similar to the one Swarzeneger has done, against the first predator.
If a normal guy like you and me had to the face a lion, (unarmed without any kind of gun) we wouldnt make it (most certainly)
aliens based on human DNA are for the hunter predator, as much of a threat, as is a wild dog for the Masai warrior (the one skilled enough to kill a lion with milli weapons),
those wild dogs/alien-man hybrids can be tough at packs, for the Masai/predator to face,
but he can beat them one by one, with mili weapons:weee:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I didn’t know that the host determined how powerful the alien product would be. So if all humans were hosts then experienced Predators would have no problem handling a mass of human by-product aliens?

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
the thing that really confused me in this movie is that the signal of help only reaached for one predator, it would have been much more exiting if they send like a crew of predators. atleast then one of the predators will have to die in a fight with an alien

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)