Alfred Hitchcock (1 Viewer)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Im a big movie buff,but im guilty of not watching a single Hitchcock movie..ever.I vaguely remember listening to the intro to The Alfred Hitchcock Hour when my mother would watch the show..Back then(I was probably 7-8),i used to think it was a comedy show or something.The music was all that i remember from that show.I dont remember anything about the stories etc.

I recently got into reading stuff about him online.And it all sounds insanely impressive.He probably pioneered Suspense,Mystery and Horror..no?

Its amazing to think that the guy who hosted this show(check the link below),with the funny 'Good Evening' is actaully someone who pioneered Mystery:D

For those of you who have seen stuff by him..is it fair to call him the greatest moviemaker of all time,or is that somewhat far fetched?

And also,id appreciate recommendations on great movies by him.Ive heard a lot about Vertigo,so ill probably get that soon.Any other movies that would be worth watching?

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
ya was a great filmmaker but not the best

in regards to recommendations on some of his work, obviously 'psycho' is his most famous piece. next to that i really enjoyed 'the birds' also

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I discovered his "Alfred Hitchcock Hour" about 4 months ago and was hooked. The stories, mysteries, and twists are wicked. I have links to most of the episodes if you're interested.

If I have to recommend a movie by him then it'd be The Bird. Legendary :agree:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
i watched quite a few of teh hitchcock movies and he was years ahead of his time but if you weant to see his best work then look at his paranioa inducing the bedroom window or north by northwest

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    I discovered his "Alfred Hitchcock Hour" about 4 months ago and was hooked. The stories, mysteries, and twists are wicked. I have links to most of the episodes if you're interested.
    If I have to recommend a movie by him then it'd be The Bird. Legendary :agree:
    Hit Me!

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8
    i watched quite a few of teh hitchcock movies and he was years ahead of his time but if you weant to see his best work then look at his paranioa inducing the bedroom window or north by northwest
    Im downloading Vertigo right now.Are The Bedroom and North By Northwest better?Im looking for something you know...weird.Paranoia fits the description well.

Edit : I looked up The Bedroom Window and it isnt a hitchcock movie.

Are you talking about some other movie?

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Im downloading Vertigo right now.Are The Bedroom and North By Northwest better?Im looking for something you know...weird.Paranoia fits the description well.

Edit : I looked up The Bedroom Window and it isnt a hitchcock movie.

Are you talking about some other movie?
    sorry that should have been "rear window" definately a paranioa motivated lead character
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rear_Window

and "north by northwest" is a classic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_by_Northwest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)