Alex Sandro (20 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Do our coaches even want that though? Thinking we play AS more as defender the most of the time to balance out the lost defensive work of Ronaldo. Imo has a lot to do with tactics that AS hasn't been as good as he used to be with, let's say Mandzukic on his side.
Sandro is still up there in the final 3rd with Ronaldo, it's not like he's sitting in our half when we attack vs midget teams. Most of the time Sandro's just not useful for playing 1-2s, beating his guy or delivering a cross in the box. And Sandro was pretty bad in attack with Mandzukic infront of him as well. Last night was a welcome change though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I wish we kept Spinazzola. I hope we can buy Gosens. I think we will stick with Alex Sandro/Danilo or play 3 at the back.
Can't wait for Max's first presser. I doubt he is going to walk us through who he wants to sell and buy, etc, though. But could provide clues on what to expect next year.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
One rating from Ecuador WC qualifier last night .....
Alex Sandro - 7/10
Alex Sandro enjoyed a great game but had his share of ups and downs. The Juventus star performed his defensive duties well but left a lot to be desired when moving higher up the pitch. Sandro found it difficult to break through and exploit free spaces.

Appears to be same offensive issues with Juve this season. Need someone better offensively at LB to go along with more desire to play well so Cuads at his age doesn't get worn out next year. We all expect Cuads to be great again but he's no spring chicken.

If he plays great at Copa maybe an English club will take him off our hands? :xfingers:

Alex said this after signing his present contract till 2023 ....
"The fans can be sure of having a player who will always give 100 per cent to get the win."

Overall i think he's played well but I haven't seen the above. No doubt he could be BETTER.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think he has the same issue as with Juve, no one on his side able to hold the ball and find him on the runs. Neymar will dribble inside and try to score/assist. I don't know, maybe he has a defensive role in Brazil too particularly because of Neymar. He looks to be on the decline, but I'd like to see him play when he has someone like Sergej to take advantage off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)