Alex Sandro (115 Viewers)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
ive said it many times. Our LB is fine. Selling him would be dumb since there are not many good LBs we can afford. before we touch or Lb position we should fix midfield.
The midfield priority is obvious. The problem is selling our bums. AS would certainly have suitors.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We should only sell if we are able to buy someone as good as him. Selling vidal/pogba didnt turn out good business.
30+ sandro isn't exactly the same player vidal or pogba were when we sold them. i actually like sandro, and i think that the club made some idiotic choices, that's why he's been overplayed since multiple seasons, but he's been very shaky this season. let's not pretend like he's still in his prime.

absolutely agreed on the replacement though. if it's pellegrini or emerson, we better keep sandro. if we only have budget for fixing the midfield and getting a striker, then i'm fine with him for an other season. still, getting a younger, faster, more consistent lb would be the 3rd priority for me.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
30+ sandro isn't exactly the same player vidal or pogba were when we sold them. i actually like sandro, and i think that the club made some idiotic choices, that's why he's been overplayed since multiple seasons, but he's been very shaky this season. let's not pretend like he's still in his prime.

absolutely agreed on the replacement though. if it's pellegrini or emerson, we better keep sandro. if we only have budget for fixing the midfield and getting a striker, then i'm fine with him for an other season. still, getting a younger, faster, more consistent lb would be the 3rd priority for me.
How much can we sell him for? 30m? This season he has not been a WC LB, but can we get anyone better than him for 30m, i highly doubt it, at least i have no one in mind.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We should only sell if we are able to buy someone as good as him. Selling vidal/pogba didnt turn out good business.
Agreed, pal. Still I'd say Gosens is easily an upgrade and he settled in nicely in the Atalanta back 4 as well.

But of course let's fix midfield first, once and for all. Even if it's the only thing we actually do, if it's done properly it will transform our team.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
ive said it many times. Our LB is fine. Selling him would be dumb since there are not many good LBs we can afford. before we touch or Lb position we should fix midfield.
Our LB is not fine, with Cristiano at LW the LB needs to be the Marcelo type to give the maximum amount of space and options for Cristiano down that left flank. Our Marcelo type fullback is playing on the right, imagine how much more effective Ronaldo would've been these 3 seasons if he had someone like Cuads on his side, opposing defenders wouldn't be able to double and triple team him all the time.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Our LB is not fine, with Cristiano at LW the LB needs to be the Marcelo type to give the maximum amount of space and options for Cristiano down that left flank. Our Marcelo type fullback is playing on the right, imagine how much more effective Ronaldo would've been these 3 seasons if he had someone like Cuads on his side, opposing defenders wouldn't be able to double and triple team him all the time.
Do our coaches even want that though? Thinking we play AS more as defender the most of the time to balance out the lost defensive work of Ronaldo. Imo has a lot to do with tactics that AS hasn't been as good as he used to be with, let's say Mandzukic on his side.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Although it doesnt seem that way judging by last night, but since Pirlo has obviously instructed Sandro to stay further back and not join attack so much, he is playing a bit better. Still, i cant stand his pathetic face and his football stupidity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 107)