Alex Sandro (101 Viewers)

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Just so we're clear.. he should leave Genoa's 6'4 striker who scores all their goals and is in a prime scoring position? Because 9 times out of 10 the ball will go to the 6'4 striker with the giant number NINE on his back, and then the ball will go in our net.

as1.PNG
So you expect a defensive line in transition as opponent are switching the play to be within an inch of everyone in the box? That's such an arm chair analysis. There's nothing wrong with Bonuccis positioning in relation to where De ligt is and their 9 if you watch the replay instead of putting a screenshot he's aware of his movement the whole time in fact if that cross was intended for the dude he could deal with it before it dips in that zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully were working on an extension for AS too by the way. Get on it fab.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Just so we're clear.. he should leave Genoa's 6'4 striker who scores all their goals and is in a prime scoring position? Because 9 times out of 10 the ball will go to the 6'4 striker with the giant number NINE on his back, and then the ball will go in our net.

as1.PNG
AS has to close it. You can't just let the CF alone in the box just because... Bonbon wasn't marked anyone there, don't fool yourself

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
So you expect a defensive line in transition as opponent are switching the play to be within an inch of everyone in the box? That's such an arm chair analysis. There's nothing wrong with Bonuccis positioning in relation to where De ligt is and their 9 if you watch the replay instead of putting a screenshot he's aware of his movement the whole time in fact if that cross was intended for the dude he could deal with it before it dips in that zone.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is Bonucci has no idea how many Genoa players are in the box. You can watch the clip and tell me if Bonucci even looks once over his shoulder. He's literally marking him and then just steps away. If it's Scamacca by himself, then Alex Sandro can stay right on him and Bonucci can cover the zone in front.

But Alex Sandro has his own man to mark, so Bonucci should put his big boy pants on and mark the number nine that I'm sure Pirlo wants marked at all costs.

You can even see AS's reaction after, absolute disgust at Bonucci. And he's probably our quietest player. :lol:

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
The problem is Bonucci has no idea how many Genoa players are in the box. You can watch the clip and tell me if Bonucci even looks once over his shoulder. He's literally marking him and then just steps away. If it's Scamacca by himself, then Alex Sandro can stay right on him and Bonucci can cover the zone in front.

But Alex Sandro has his own man to mark, so Bonucci should put his big boy pants on and mark the number nine that I'm sure Pirlo wants marked at all costs.

You can even see AS's reaction after, absolute disgust at Bonucci. And he's probably our quietest player. :lol:
He does that, perhaps you need to watch the replay yourself. Like I said at heart of defence he has to monitor the play, forwards movement and his teammates as they're shifting. What you're accusing him of not doing have a mind of his own and just stick with the 9 is a lot easier than what he's actually got to do. In fact that very same doing puts AS in a disadvantage although you could guess his line of thinking by who's behind him at that angle. End of the day it was a freak early cross and finish that sometimes you can not do anything about even if you replace those personnels with anyone else in their prime.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

I hope not. I am a fan of his but he’s turning 30 in a few weeks and his contract runs till June 2023. No need to even discuss right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 89)