Alex Sandro (44 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
He's the one supposedly covering the back post but he was unaware of what's going on around him.
Rewatched the goal, he wasn't unaware of Sturaro. Initially, AS was marking him and Bonucci was on #9, but then the 9 dropped further back past to lineup with AS. If anything Bonucci was unaware it was 2v1 at the back post. But actually, the cross was inch-perfect. I would say Pellegrini shouldn't have been given so much time and space for the cross. McKennie should have stayed closer instead of committing to double up with Cuadrado on the flank.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Rewatched the goal, he wasn't unaware of Sturaro. Initially, AS was marking him and Bonucci was on #9, but then the 9 dropped further back past to lineup with AS. If anything Bonucci was unaware it was 2v1 at the back post. But actually, the cross was inch-perfect. I would say Pellegrini shouldn't have been given so much time and space for the cross. McKennie should have stayed closer instead of committing to double up with Cuadrado on the flank.
I partially blame Mclove too but primarily it's on Sandro.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I'd say mainly McKennie's fault. But something in our defensive organisation went wrong for a 2 v 1 at the back post. Alex Sandro will get a lot of the blame because he was the closest player but he was put in a losing position by having to deal with 2 players.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He's the one supposedly covering the back post but he was unaware of what's going on around him.
He was aware that there was another Genoa player in an even more dangerous position because Bonucci completely disregarded him. So he started inching closer to that more dangerous player.

Jun 16, 2020
Sandro needed to mark Sturaro. There was a 2 vs 2 situation with Bonucci and Sandro marking Scamacca and Sturaro. Bonucci allowed too much space for Scamacca, it made Sandro covering the space between Scamacca and Sturaro. Sandro ultimately went for the duel with Scamacca, forgot about Sturaro and the perfect cross from Pellegrini became a assist. Cross was really great, difficult to defend with that effect. If there’s someone to blame it’s Bonucci.

And Leragers run into our box before his pass to Pellegrini created space for the assist, Bentancur dragged back and McKennie was a second to late, as he was helping Cuadrado.

Besides that I though we had a fine game again defensively, goals like this happen all the time. Was their first shot on goal after a hour playing.

Karim30

May 6, 2012
You want him to mark the less dangerous of the two players? There is a man wide open in front of goal...
I want him to keep his position that’s all

- - - Updated - - -

Sandro needed to mark Sturaro. There was a 2 vs 2 situation with Bonucci and Sandro marking Scamacca and Sturaro. Bonucci allowed too much space for Scamacca, it made Sandro covering the space between Scamacca and Sturaro. Sandro ultimately went for the duel with Scamacca, forgot about Sturaro and the perfect cross from Pellegrini became a assist. Cross was really great, difficult to defend with that effect. If there’s someone to blame it’s Bonucci.

And Leragers run into our box before his pass to Pellegrini created space for the assist, Bentancur dragged back and McKennie was a second to late, as he was helping Cuadrado.

Besides that I though we had a fine game again defensively, goals like this happen all the time. Was their first shot on goal after a hour playing.
Yeah it’s not tragic but he needs to rest against Atalanta. No need to burn him to the ground like last season. Same applies to Cuadrado so I would put Danilo and Chiesa on the flanks and against Parma we rest Chiesa.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Just so we're clear.. he should leave Genoa's 6'4 striker who scores all their goals and is in a prime scoring position? Because 9 times out of 10 the ball will go to the 6'4 striker with the giant number NINE on his back, and then the ball will go in our net.

as1.PNG

Karim30

May 6, 2012
Just so we’re clear he should mark his man and remain in his zone instead of what he did (looking lost and not marking either Genoa players) and if their number 9 scores all the blame will be on Bonucci.

Jul 13, 2010
Yeah I'd say the goal was on him, but had some decent crosses and passes inside the box, so kinda meh performance, but he had chiesa on the flank so was not required to go nuts in attack this time around.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Just so we’re clear he should mark his man and re
main in his zone instead of what he did (looking lost and not marking either Genoa players) and if their number 9 scores all the blame will be on Bonucci.
Yes. Looking at that pic Bonucci is like playing a zone (no players in sight) without any thinking maybe I should look for a player. Where Bonucci is positioned is covered by MDL and another player. Alex didn't cover his spot though he thought that was that right thing to do. With all Bono's miscuses I can relate to his decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 41)