Alex Sandro (34 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Alex Sandro to miss Supercoppa?
By Football Italia staff

Juventus are sweating over the fitness of Alex Sandro, three days before the Supercoppa against Lazio on Sunday.
Alex Sandro came off towards the end of Juve’s 2-1 win at Sampdoria last night, and the club announced this afternoon he was undergoing physiotherapy.
It now remains to be seen whether the left-back will recover in time for the trip to Riyadh.
Goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny, meanwhile, did gym work instead of training with the squad.
The Pole has missed the Bianconeri’s last two games, so Gianluigi Buffon could stay on between the sticks in Saudi Arabia.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Twice in two games against Lazio he is marking two players at the back post. Same issue on the opposite side for Lulic's goal. The fullbacks are being hung out to dry by their teammates when defending crosses.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Twice in two games against Lazio he is marking two players at the back post. Same issue on the opposite side for Lulic's goal. The fullbacks are being hung out to dry by their teammates when defending crosses.
It's a massive weakness we have. Enormous even. First thing that stands out when the opponent watches us probably.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It's a massive weakness we have. Enormous even. First thing that stands out when the opponent watches us probably.
Zero help from the “wide” midfielders in this formation. This 4-3-1-2 is fucking death and we look so shoddy defensively using it.

He needs to go back to the 4-3-3 ASAP. Narrow formations with a lack of centrally creative players and FB’s who are tasked with moving centrally and not bombing forward and you get what we have seen from us over the last 2 months or so...pure shit.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
how would you line up our available players in 4-3-3 against cagliari?
Woj

Cuadrado MdL Demiral Alex Sandro

Rabiot/Can Pjanic Matuidi

Costa Higuain/Dybala CR7

If Costa isn’t fit to start, then move Cuadrado into the right wing role and play Danilo/MDS at RB. Can easily shift into a 4-4-2 if need be.

Simple. Football is a simple game, over-complicated by coaches in Italy. I agree with Max, too much mental masturbation by so-called geniuses, when easy options are there, staring you in the face.

This bullshit reminds me of Conte’s “we can’t play 4-3-3 without Simone Pepe” garbage, forcing us to use the 3-5-2, which was great in weak ass Serie A, but got found out time and time again in Europe.

People say we don’t have the wingers to play 4-3-3 (false) but I fail to see where we have the required CAMs to play this horrendous 4-3-1-2, and we clearly don’t have the mezzale with characteristics we had in the past who could make runs beyond the strikers and score plenty of goals.

Stick to what was working for us for large parts of this season and previous seasons.

Last edited:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Oh and I’d prefer Matuidi doesn’t start at all, but Bentancur’s suspension has screwed us up.

In an ideal world, I’d start Ramsey - Pjanic - Rabiot and persist with that midfield, but obviously Rambo’s fitness is an issue. Bentancur would rotate with Ramsey and or Pjanic throughout the season, and I’d immediately look to cancel both Matuidi’s and Khedira’s contracts ASAP and finally bring in proper replacements for both of these extraordinarily finished players. The fact that both are starters at their age tells you all need to know about this club and coach.

And I’d also bin this out of date 4-3-1-2formation he is using, which only works with world-class, creative and hard working players in the #10 position, backed by hard working/great passing B2Bs, which only few teams in the world have. And we aren’t one of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)