Alex Sandro (126 Viewers)

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
A perfect illustration of how tuz is undervalue juvenuts players with no reason at all. Something from Hists bag of tricks.
No, sadly it's not an invalid statement objectively.

Our mid if certainly below : real Madrid, Barcelona with Iniesta, and possibly city.

Then there's atletico Madrid, bayern and psg, and then the likes of Tottenham, liverpool, United and so on.

Fact is our mid couldn't even defeat Tottenham's :sergio: so it's fair to say they are on par in the very least.

So what does that tell us? Surely it's not a stretch to say that our mid is barely top 10 considering how many of many of similar and better quality ones.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
A perfect illustration of how tuz is undervalue juvenuts players with no reason at all. Something from Hists bag of tricks.
depends on what you consider midfield I guess, because D.Costa f.e. could (and I guess even should) be considered a mid in standard Juve 433/442 set-up and that guy clearly was on fire 2nd part of season.

if we're talking about central midfield specifically, I'd say Can will decide whether our midfield is top 10 in Europe or not. most of us, including me, haven't seen him a lot and it's hard to predict how well he'll do, so I won't try to rate us against the likes of Roma, PSG, Seville, Chelsea or Manchester United, but I think we're closer to them then we are to the big 3 in Spain, Bayern, Man City or Tottenham when it comes to central midfield.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
No, sadly it's not an invalid statement objectively.
Our mid if certainly below : real Madrid, Barcelona with Iniesta, and possibly city.
Yeah, sure. Our 3man midfield with Pjanic gave the best midfield in a world a ran of its money in away game.
And now we added a player who can shield off Pjanic.
And Barca's midfield is not superior at all, having most possession != have a better midfield.

ffs, this forum

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Yeah, sure. Our 3man midfield with Pjanic gave the best midfield in a world a ran of its money in away game.
And now we added a player who can shield off Pjanic.
And Barca's midfield is not superior at all, having most possession != have a better midfield.

ffs, this forum
so you'd say Can-Pjanič-Matuidi or Can-Pjanič, depending on the set-up, is among the top midfields in Europe? I can get that some people think that, I just don't think you get to facepalm people who don't :D

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I would say right now, it's still inferior to Barca, Madrid, Bayern and City

But it's on a similar level to Tottenham , Liverpool and Atletico atleast

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

how's barca midfield gonna look like without iniesta anyway...

btw liverpool have a very strong midfield on paper. naby keita and fabinho would start for most clubs.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

What about Roma, PSG, Seville, Chelsea, Bayern, Manchester United, Napoli and I'm sure I'm forgetting some sides with good, but not elite central midfields? Surely some of them belong in the similar level bracket :D

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
so you'd say Can-Pjanič-Matuidi or Can-Pjanič, depending on the set-up, is among the top midfields in Europe? I can get that some people think that, I just don't think you get to facepalm people who don't :D
Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
Pjanic - top 3-4 creative CM in the world.
Matuidi - locked in starter in WC winner, not some fucking Tolisso or some another flavor of month player.
Can - big, physicall CM. Hated by some Germans here which indicates that he might be an excellent signing (see Costa). And I personally like him, he might not be a world-beater, like Casemiro is not a world-beater, but he looks like a perfect fit.

And of course, midfield doesn't operate in a vacuum. Mordic-Kroos-Casemiro wouldn't be nearly that dominant if they had fat Gonzalo upfront instead of Ronaldo.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
Pjanic - top 3-4 creative CM in the world.
Matuidi - locked in starter in WC winner, not some fucking Tolisso or some another flavor of month player.
Can - big, physicall CM. Hated by some Germans here which indicates that he might be an excellent signing (see Costa). And I personally like him, he might not be a world-beater, like Casemiro is not a world-beater, but he looks like a perfect fit.

And of course, midfield doesn't operate in a vacuum. Mordic-Kroos-Casemiro wouldn't be nearly that dominant if they had fat Gonzalo upfront instead of Ronaldo.
As I said, I haven't seen Can a lot, so hard to predict how that'll work, but imo that midfield risks losing the ball a lot, not much technical quality in there. hopefully we have real quality attacking fullbacks to help them out, I agree that it depends on the team around them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 126)