Alex Manninger (6 Viewers)

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Manninger joins Juventus

As of today, Juventus have added another keeper to their squad: Alexander Manninger. The Austrian was purchased in full from Udinese and has signed a four-year contract.
Manninger immediately reached London this morning (thanks to Udinese granting him permission to do so before the contract was finalized), where he trained with his new team mates and worked with goalkeeping coach Giorgio Pellizzaro. His first words as a Juventus player were full of enthusiasm: «I'm very happy to be at Juve and this is not just something hackneyed to say, I really mean it. Football matters here. I have played a lot in smaller teams, but years ago I played for Arsenal and I’ve always wanted to play for a big team again».

The fact he'll have a legend in front of him such as Gigi Buffon doesn't bother him, in fact it motivates him: «We all know how good Gigi is and his role inside this team. It's true only one keeper can play at a time, but it's also true that in today's football a squad needs at least twenty-five players and one keeper isn't enough, indeed there are 3 of us at Juve. I'm ready to lend a hand if needed».

Manninger is an experienced goalkeeper (born in 1977), who has played all around Europe. He started out in his own country, Austria: BNZ Salzburg, the team he grew up in, then Vorwarts Steyr, Austria Salzburg and Grazer, where he blossomed. Arsenal were keeping an eye on him and were impressed enough to sign him up thanks also to his performances in the UEFA Cup that year. He stayed four seasons in London (from 1997 to 2001), where he was David Seaman's reserve, but he managed to make around forty appearances.

In 2001 he began his Italian period, when he was signed up by Fiorentina. After a short spell at Espanyol Barcelona, he came back to Italy again, first at Bologna and then Torino.

In 2004 he joined the club where he would leave his mark the most: Siena. Apart from a short spell back at Austria Salzburg (managed by Giovanni Trapattoni at the time), he stayed at Siena until this summer, when he was purchased by Udinese. Manninger has been in the Austrian national team for several years. He was also in the squad at the recent European Championships.

Juventus.com

Moggi tried to sign him 9 years but Arsenal beat him to it

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
That says it all! Secco >>>>>>>>>>>> Moggi
Even more, Secco managed to sign him as a back up keeper, with Manninger's chances to become a first team regular being equal to 0%.
Back in 1999 we didn't even have a goalkeeper after Peruzzi left for Inter and Moggi still couldn't sign Manninger. At the end Moggi bought the flop van der Sar.

You're wrong Jack, it's not Secco >>>>>>>>>>>> Moggi, it is
Secco >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Moggi

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Even more, Secco managed to sign him as a back up keeper, with Manninger's chances to become a first team regular being equal to 0%.
Back in 1999 we didn't even have a goalkeeper after Peruzzi left for Inter and Moggi still couldn't sign Manninger. At the end Moggi bought the flop van der Sar.

You're wrong Jack, it's not Secco >>>>>>>>>>>> Moggi, it is
Secco >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Moggi
The more the merrier :xmas:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nice to have a quite competent GK who is almost over qualified to be just 2nd goalie. Good move.

Now Chimenti can concentrate on the real task he was signed for, being nice company to Gigi.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Nice to have a quite competent GK who is almost over qualified to be just 2nd goalie. Good move.

Now Chimenti can concentrate on the real task he was signed for, being nice company to Gigi.
Was that his task? I thought it was to replace the bus driver that killed the Parma fan.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Was that his task? I thought it was to replace the bus driver that killed the Parma fan.
The bus driver is irreplaceable and Sucko better not think about replacing him. The bus driver will have a great season in every front and he'll kill a Barcelona fan in CL, an Inter fan in serie A and a Treviso fan in coppa Italia.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Hahaha, Austrian at Juventus. Never thought I would see that! But its very good choice. Manninger can have a day off, but usually he is a top-class keeper with a lot of experience.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
what's wrong with having an Austrian with Juve?? stop the racism for fuck sake, I am serious! Mods ban A_Lacki

Actually I am playing

Durden

May 11, 2006
From now on he is to be known as "The gay goalie" only. I base this on his T-shirt and the fact that in his youth he chose to become a goalie because it gave him a better view to his teammates behinds. He only signed with us because he loves Killini's ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)