Alex Ferguson...Man Utd has heart surgery (1 Viewer)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Ferguson receives heart treatment

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson received treatment on Thursday for a minor heart irregularity.
Ferguson entered a Manchester hospital for a routine procedure which took no more than a couple of hours.

The treatment is the same as that undergone by Prime Minister Tony Blair in November.

Ferguson is expected to report back to United's Carrington training ground on Friday.

A Manchester United statement said: "Sir Alex Ferguson received a treatment in hospital today following a routine check up several months ago which revealed a minor heart irregularity.

"The procedure went well and Sir Alex Ferguson is resting at home and is due in work tomorrow.

"The treatment revealed he has no underlying heart problem."

The British Heart Foundation says the condition is common. It is caused by too much coffee or anxiety and is experienced by people in highly stressful jobs.

It can cause the heart to beat between 140 and 240 beats a minute, compared with a normal resting rate of 70.

Sir Alex has a demanding schedule and has recently been involved in a legal battle over his ownership of the champion racehorse Rock of Gibraltar.

His health scare calls into question the £20m deal he is due to sign with Manchester United next week, which is expected to give him another three years in charge at the club, taking him to retirement age.

Sir Alex is the latest in a line of football bosses who have suffered heart problems.

In 2001 Gerard Houllier needed open heart surgery and Blackburn Rovers manger Graeme Souness had a bypass in 1992.

Peterborough manager Barry Fry and Wimbledon boss Joe Kinnear have also had heart problems.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

Sir Alex is the latest in a line of football bosses who have suffered heart problems.

In 2001 Gerard Houllier needed open heart surgery and Blackburn Rovers manger Graeme Souness had a bypass in 1992.

Peterborough manager Barry Fry and Wimbledon boss Joe Kinnear have also had heart problems.
That's right kids. Stay away from english football, it's evil and it will kill you eventually. ;)

FORZA SERIE A!

:rolleyes: lol... I'm bored, gotta go now. :)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Die Ferguson.

i hope he retires,dies,commits suicide,leaves manchester or anything so arsenal will win the EPL.:devil: :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Hey, that was real mature, Fred.

Really.

BTW, It's Chelsea that Arsenal has to worry about, not Man U.

Get well soon, Sir Alex.

Man utd

Oct 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
Die Ferguson.

i hope he retires,dies,commits suicide,leaves manchester or anything so arsenal will win the EPL.:devil: :D
well that shows how frightened Arsenal fans are from ferguson,as for me i dont give a damn if wneger stays or not.:devil:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)