Alessandro Matri (8 Viewers)

May 22, 2013
On Matri, i kind of hope we will keep him and sell Quaqliarella, but if i good offer comes in, i can see the reason in selling him. I do like him though, and i think he could be usefull for our squad. Besides, Conte does not seem to rate Quaqliarella that much, hence why i rather would see him being sold, all though i would have mixed feelings seeing him leave aswell, since he really made some important goals for us. But, i just do not see the reason to why Lazio should be interested in Matri. They have Klose for that specific role on the team, and both Libor "I Can Haz Goalz in ze Europa League" Kozac and Floccari, who can substitute. I think Lazio would be looking at another kind of profile, since they do lack some creativity, where is all depends on Hernanes and the hard work of Candreva. Their squad would just be so undynamic (is that a word?) if they got Matri as the only change to their frontline

Gallo2

Jun 12, 2013
Now that I actually would deserve warning the awesome mods are not doing anything? Or is sell simply bigger offence than insults? On the other note, what happened that this pathetic anti-sell offensive started?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
FIFA agent Giovanni Consiglio:"Lazio have an agreement with Juventus for Matri" #TMW

:( :( :(
If they're not swapping a player, then it's very unlikely they'll pay or be able to afford Juve's valuation of Matri in monetary terms, especially considering that they are looking at Matri as a sub for Klose, as that article mentions, in it's entirety.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
On Matri, i kind of hope we will keep him and sell Quaqliarella, but if i good offer comes in, i can see the reason in selling him. I do like him though, and i think he could be usefull for our squad. Besides, Conte does not seem to rate Quaqliarella that much, hence why i rather would see him being sold, all though i would have mixed feelings seeing him leave aswell, since he really made some important goals for us. But, i just do not see the reason to why Lazio should be interested in Matri. They have Klose for that specific role on the team, and both Libor "I Can Haz Goalz in ze Europa League" Kozac and Floccari, who can substitute. I think Lazio would be looking at another kind of profile, since they do lack some creativity, where is all depends on Hernanes and the hard work of Candreva. Their squad would just be so undynamic (is that a word?) if they got Matri as the only change to their frontline
Have you seen how Lazio have suffered in the last couple of seasons during the periods Klose has been injured?

They need to have a good player to rotate with/be back-up to Klose if they have ambitions to improve.

Or they just have to hope they get lucky and Klose doesn't get injured at all.

Also, I think they plan to loan/co-own Kozak somewhere to get him some playing time to see if he can actually score goals in Serie A.

Now that I actually would deserve warning the awesome mods are not doing anything? Or is sell simply bigger offence than insults? On the other note, what happened that this pathetic anti-sell offensive started?
Because we've got fed up of these threads (this one and Quagliarella's in particular) just being filled with identical posts every day by the two opposing factions and so are clamping down on people posting the same shit that has been posted a hundred times already when they don't actually have anything worthwhile to say.

If you want to set out a reasoned argument as to why you want Matri sold and for how much, you go ahead and do that.

Gallo2

Jun 12, 2013
Gallo calm down. I don't know what's gotten into you. Having a bad day or what? Relax. :)
Nah, just trolling/testing the authorities.
@Tomice thanks for the PM. I fully agree with you and I hope your wishes will be granted longterm and in more drastical sense than just warning for some of the most common infractions like sell posts. Trolling is indeed very serious issue here and not just that one simply can't take time to browse through thousands of new posts a day to found the 3 or 4 with interesting content, even all potentially interesting discussions are immediatelly surpresed by trolls. And I'm not saying I'm better, my posts are stupid, but they are just a reflection of conditions on this forum (disappointment in how pathetic the forum is was the only reason I started with it). The true problem are those nice posters who are posting almost hundred times a day with content barely enough to make half a post.

So... I shall stop with the stupid posts now. At least until I don't get fed up again.

Also bianconero_aus, how pathetic is turning from one of the most common offenders to policeman in a day? C'mon, I agree with the goal of warnings, but if were you I'd never go on calling for mods with 2 posts in a row if someone broke this new rule, which you've been breaking constantly just few hours before. Childish.

As to why Matri should be sold; his ball control is worse than mine and his supporters think that he has huge-unbearable confidence issues when he doesn't play 90 minutes per game (I still didn't get the answer to how's that compatible with role of 4th/5th striker). So no room for him here.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
...his supporters think that he has huge-unbearable confidence issues when he doesn't play 90 minutes per game (I still didn't get the answer to how's that compatible with role of 4th/5th striker).
Yeah, I raised that issue a while ago.

I'm not entirely sure if it is a question of confidence or if he's just one of those players who needs to play a lot to play to a high standard.

Either way it doesn't make him suited to being a back-up.

Add to that that Juve will get higher offers for him than for Quagliarella and, as much as I prefer Matri, I can well see how he could end up be the one sold.

Gallo2

Jun 12, 2013
I don't really think confidence issues are the reason for his performances either. But same people who would keep him as 5th stiker were saying it. And I never got the answer when I was asking that quite some time ago, only Klin's (he's the impersonation of the forum's problems) trolling.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Yeah, I raised that issue a while ago.

I'm not entirely sure if it is a question of confidence or if he's just one of those players who needs to play a lot to play to a high standard.

Either way it doesn't make him suited to being a back-up.

Add to that that Juve will get higher offers for him than for Quagliarella and, as much as I prefer Matri, I can well see how he could end up be the one sold.
The real qustion is at what role are we judging those two? as subs or rotaion players? because comparing them is pointless

If it's as subs then clearly Quag is the better player but in rotation Matri is more valueble imo

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
As to why Matri should be sold; his ball control is worse than mine and his supporters think that he has huge-unbearable confidence issues when he doesn't play 90 minutes per game (I still didn't get the answer to how's that compatible with role of 4th/5th striker). So no room for him here.
We won't sell Matri nor did we bring him in the first place because of his ball control. Yes he has poor one but no one expects from him to dribble past defenders and score a stunner. His role is different. It's been already discussed before and I'll repeat it because you weren't here. Matri is mostly seen as better replacement for Llorente. We already have 4 SS in the team and selling one of the two CF would leave us exposed to risk of potential injuries. Matri has good off the ball movement which compensates the mentioned deficiency in his play.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
We won't sell Matri nor did we bring him in the first place because of his ball control. Yes he has poor one but no one expects from him to dribble past defenders and score a stunner. His role is different. It's been already discussed before and I'll repeat because you weren't here. Matri is mostly seen as better replacement for Llorente. We already have 4 SS in the team and selling one of the two CF would leave us exposed to risk of potential injuries. Matri has good off the ball movement which compensates the mentioned deficiency in his play.
And imo many people downplay this kind of a quality. Having great positioning and knowing when to time your run or where to place yourself is as good a quality as any other, especially with strikers. Do one has to constantly remind people of David Trezeguet and the other strikers similar to him?

So i get what you are saying and i agree with you. Its how i see Matri and his role in the team aswell. Imo, he has much more chances of staying here than Quags. Conte likes a striker like Matri more than a striker like Quags.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
And what's your opinion about second (more important and especially more interesting) issue?
You mean confidence one? I believe it's every players problem if for too long sits on the bench. It's up to coach to find the right balance.

And imo many people downplay this kind of a quality. Having great positioning and knowing when to time your run or where to place yourself is as good a quality as any other, especially with strikers. Do one has to constantly remind people of David Trezeguet and the other strikers similar to him?

So i get what you are saying and i agree with you. Its how i see Matri and his role in the team aswell. Imo, he has much more chances of staying here than Quags. Conte likes a striker like Matri more than a striker like Quags.
This.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)