Alessandro Matri (71 Viewers)

Gallo

Better than Matri
May 30, 2012
When he played every 3rd game and sucked in every single one of them, all of the forums were saying that lack of playing time and therefor lack of confidence was the reason for his awful performances. (Hint: I'm not trying to discover any secret of Matri's qualities (that would be pointless discussion), but logic behind majority' opinion here). How would that be solved if he would be 5th striker?

@TrezJuve, dunno, I think Quag would be better of those 2. Their quality is about the same, but I think Matri needs more playing time for making impact. Therefore Quag is better for that role. However I wouldn't go with anyone of them. But it's hard to pick another player or even type of player. Immobile could be ok.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
When he played every 3rd game and sucked in every single on of it, all of the forum was saying that lack of playing time and therefor lack of confidence was the reason for his awful performances. (Hint: I'm not trying to discover any secret of Matri's qualities (that would be pointless discussion), but logic behind majority' opinion here)). How would that be solved if he would be 5th striker?
See, this is why I mentioned it would be pointless having this conversation with you. There's no middle ground with you. He's either great or shit. Are you ready for this? Life doesn't work like that. No one in their right mind would tell you that in a perfect world, Matri would be a starter for this Juve if we want to win big, but he's good to be an option from the bench. A substitute to Llorente, who obviously isn't as good, but the dimension he gives to the team with his off the ball movement and runs to the box, is very beneficial to the team. It's no surprise that this team tends to perform better whenever he's playing. And no, this doesn't mean that we're dependent on him, it just emphasizes the need to have a player like him, but a better finisher. That is why he'd be good as substitute for us.

Gallo

Better than Matri
May 30, 2012
That was just an exaggeration to help you understand the point. You might be helpless though. This is conversation and there are figures of speech which make conversation a bit to complicated to take everything literally.

You still didn't answer the question: He plays every 3rd game, he isn't as good as he should be (better this way?). Reason lack of playing time, lack of confidence.
Potential future situation: He plays every 4th game, he's great. No lack of playing time issues, no confidence issues.

Understandable?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Again, how good do you expect him to be? So far he scored 4 in the 11 games he played. It's your problem if you're expecting more from him than he could give.

Gallo

Better than Matri
May 30, 2012
Again, it's not about Matri, but about logic behind opinions of a lot of people here. I don't know if you are one of them.

How can the same people who are saying he's playing as he is because of the lack of playing time, expect him to be good 5th striker?

My expectations are irrelevant here.

Gallo

Better than Matri
May 30, 2012
That's first constructive reply here. Thank you. But I don't think people who want him to be 5th striker expect him to be showing results of lack of confidence, so I still don't see the logic.

Gallo

Better than Matri
May 30, 2012
That's true, but if you look to that logic abstractly, there isn't any logic.

However, I do think he's type of player, who should be first striker somewhere, but that's another thing.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Again, it's not about Matri, but about logic behind opinions of a lot of people here. I don't know if you are one of them.

How can the same people who are saying he's playing as he is because of the lack of playing time, expect him to be good 5th striker?

My expectations are irrelevant here.
As it stands, Matri should be a starter for this team. With a better forward next Summer, things would change for him. Not getting much playing time with our current bunch of forwards tend to do that to a player, especially the part where he got benched for Borriello last season. But never the less, with all his woeful and bad performances, he still managed to score 4 goals so far.

Gallo

Better than Matri
May 30, 2012
As it stands, Matri should be a starter for this team. With a better forward next Summer, things would change for him. Not getting much playing time with our current bunch of forwards tend to do that to a player, especially the part where he got benched for Borriello last season. But never the less, with all his woeful and bad performances, he still managed to score 4 goals so far.
Can't you read? You really don't understand a word I wrote?
I'm not saying he shouldn't be a starter (I'm starting to think he should be lately, however terrible this might sound to me), neither that him being benched for Borriello was right decision (one of the worst in last seasons imo), I'm talking about totally different things, but you seem to be unable to understand them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)